NBA NBA Regular Season Thread

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
#teamLakersnation this year . but only cause russel is there and i want him to have a ring.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Trade him to the Kings. If he thought playing with the Sixers was crappy, he has a whole other thing coming to him in Sacramento. Simmons for Hield, Haliburton and 1-2 first round picks. Hield and Haliburton are both good shooters that can help space the floor for both Harris and Embiid to do their thing. Haliburton, in particular, has some untapped potential as well. Kings get another "franchise" player to pair with Fox. Probably not enough to even make the playoffs in the West, but they gotta try. Win-win for both teams, imo.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Trade him to the Kings. If he thought playing with the Sixers was crappy, he has a whole other thing coming to him in Sacramento. Simmons for Hield, Haliburton and 1-2 first round picks. Hield and Haliburton are both good shooters that can help space the floor for both Harris and Embiid to do their thing. Haliburton, in particular, has some untapped potential as well. Kings get another "franchise" player to pair with Fox. Probably not enough to even make the playoffs in the West, but they gotta try. Win-win for both teams, imo.
As a Sixers fan I would do that trade so fast it would make your head spin. Kings have said Haliburton is off limits though.

Honestly, at this point I would trade Simmons for Haliburton straight up. I think he has all-star potential. Haliburton + a 1st would probably be a decent trade now, the way Simmons is cratering his trade value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Simmons is even doing this part wrong. Refusing to participate and missing meetings to give them cause to suspend you? Come on.

Fake an injury, be a nuisance, dog it in certain drills, etc. Basically go the Jimmy Butler route where it's clear you can't be around but they also can't suspend you.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
big fan of steve nash.. my favorite player when he was in league cause i am canadian always wanted him to get his ring.. but i just cant cheer for him as a coach no matter how much i want him to have a ring because i cant stand any of irving /harden/durant lol.. Bucks vs lakers final please.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
As a Sixers fan I would do that trade so fast it would make your head spin. Kings have said Haliburton is off limits though.

Honestly, at this point I would trade Simmons for Haliburton straight up. I think he has all-star potential. Haliburton + a 1st would probably be a decent trade now, the way Simmons is cratering his trade value.

If the Kings would rather give up Fox instead of Haliburton, that might work too, but if not, what would the Kings do with Fox, Haliburton and Simmons all on the same team? Besides, I think Haliburton might turn out to be a good player, but not good enough where I wouldn't include him in a trade for Simmons.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If the Kings would rather give up Fox instead of Haliburton, that might work too, but if not, what would the Kings do with Fox, Haliburton and Simmons all on the same team? Besides, I think Haliburton might turn out to be a good player, but not good enough where I wouldn't include him in a trade for Simmons.

The reports I’ve seen have all said that the Kings aren’t willing to trade either Fox or Haliburton, and they’re really the only two guys they have that I’d be interested in.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018

simmons going to a small market team like the kings would probably end up with him acting like a child again to get out.. hopefully the kings arn't dumb enough to trade either guy for him.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
simmons going to a small market team like the kings would probably end up with him acting like a child again to get out.. hopefully the kings arn't dumb enough to trade either guy for him.

The Kings are going nowhere as it is. Neither Fox nor Haliburton are franchise guys and the Kings haven't made the playoffs in 15 seasons. I would certainly take a chance at trading Haliburton for Simmons to play alongside Fox. Simmons won't have to be the primary ball-handler on offense, which might be a good thing for him. Worst comes to worst, the Kings can help Simmons rehabilitate his image for one season and then trade him next offseason for a massive haul of picks/young players to jump-start their next rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad