OT: NBA Discussion Thread Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

Melo hasn't gotten along with 1 guy. Not in Denver. Not in NY. Got Dantoni shipped out. Amare and him barely coexisted.

This dude cannot lead this team. Phil will rampage another team's youth. And this rebuild will be spectacular to watch.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Melo should really ****. The Knicks are a bad team and should be thinking towards the future. They took the player that they thought had the most upside. Good pick. If Melo doesn't like it, get lost.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
When watching Porz's highlights I see a lot of Dirk Nowitzki in him. Pau Gasol is a decent comparison but Pau's range is 20 feet and closer. Porz will torch from behind the arc. I remember watching Nowitzki highlights when he was drafted and I just see lot of him when watching Porz. Not saying he's going to be as good, just very similar games.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Melo hasn't gotten along with 1 guy. Not in Denver. Not in NY. Got Dantoni shipped out. Amare and him barely coexisted.

This dude cannot lead this team. Phil will rampage another team's youth. And this rebuild will be spectacular to watch.

It's what I said on here when Knicks traded for Melo and got some headshakes. Denver was glad to see Melo go. Red flags.

If Knicks are going to chase someone via FA this offseason it should be Dragic and/or Aldridge. Both would be good fits. Pass on DeAndre Jordan. He needs someone to get him the ball (unless you go Dragic/Jordan). Stay away from Tristan Thompson who will be overpaid. Also stay the hell away from Kevin Love.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Like the RoLo deal, even though I would've liked a Monroe deal more.

Not having a 1st rounder makes this upcoming season essentially unenjoyable, though. It would've been cool to see how the Knicks could do with a good center and some young blood (plus further improvement from defensive stud Galloway) knowing we'd probably end up with a talented top 7~ pick. Without the pick it's going to blow.

BarbaraAlphanse

Look at the 2016 crop of free agents.

Horrible. Injured Durant. Al Horford. I think those are like your best two guys.

This is a rebuild. Try and get to 8th seed this year. Play Porzingis, Early, and Grant as many minutes as you can. Trade Melo.

Would have loved to trade Melo to the Lakers for the #2 and Randle this year.

Grant
Afflalo
Porzingis
Okafor
Lopez

Would have been an exciting young team. And we'd have had cap space for when guys that mattered wanted to come to us.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Look at the 2016 crop of free agents.

Horrible. Injured Durant. Al Horford. I think those are like your best two guys.

This is a rebuild. Try and get to 8th seed this year. Play Porzingis, Early, and Grant as many minutes as you can. Trade Melo.

Would have loved to trade Melo to the Lakers for the #2 and Randle this year.

Grant
Afflalo
Porzingis
Okafor
Lopez

Would have been an exciting young team. And we'd have had cap space for when guys that mattered wanted to come to us.

why on earth would the lakers give up the 2nd pick and a good young talent for a 31 year old ballhog when they already have kobe and not much else?

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Watching some of the Knicks vs Lakers tonight and in just a few minutes you can tell Kristaps isn't Freddy Weiss one play he took the pass in 3 point land faked the shot drove the lane and kissed it off the glass got fouled and made the free throw...Dude looks to have skill

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Watching some of the Knicks vs Lakers tonight and in just a few minutes you can tell Kristaps isn't Freddy Weiss one play he took the pass in 3 point land faked the shot drove the lane and kissed it off the glass got fouled and made the free throw...Dude looks to have skill

Kristaps looks very good. He's obviously not physically ready for the biggest dudes roaming in the post, but he has crazy athleticism and will only get better as he gets stronger. That, and his length will clearly have an impact; just now he altered a shot in the paint on one end and then kept a ball alive after someone missed a shot on offense-- and now he just got fouled after a great move to grab an offensive rebound. And he's still a couple of weeks younger than 20!

Very excited about this dude.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
What I've seen in two games of summer league.

Cleananthony Early is erratic but there is something there. He will take a few years to develop into a solid backup player that can score.

Jerian Grant is the point guard of the future and the future may just be now unless Calderon does comeback player of the year and even then... He looks like a complete point guard with physicality to boot. Great passer, more than decent shooter. Clearly a leader type. I love players who develop in college for more than 1 year. I think he did the whole thing. He sees the court really well but sometimes overpasses to the wrong guy. A physical beast at his position. Completely OWNED DeAngelo Russell today. OWNED. Is over aggressive sometimes with the passes and they aren't always good. Has not developed a good report with Porzingis yet... which leades me to...

Kris Porzingis. The dude has the best movement of a guy his size that I have seen. Solid fundamentals. Just absolutely solid. Solid passing. Not agressive enough right now. His teammates have missed him wide open because he isn't vocal enough. There was an instance vs Lakers where he was isolated against Brown who was like a foot shorter and it was clear to see and Galloway didn't pass him the ball. That said he had some shots at some defensive rebounds that he can't physically get to get. Looks awkward in that department. Randle who is a pretty physical player was giving him trouble scoring inside. Missed some free throws because he seemed bored today. At the same time the dude has great offensive awareness of where he is on the field all the time. Always shoots to the basket even with his back to it. He is definitely a natural scorer that you can tell really works at his shot every day. In time when he develops that functional strength he is going to be a superstar and I have no doubts because he has absolutely everything else you would want in an offensive player. I still think he is a forward and not a center. He would have to increase mass tremendously to be a center and it takes away from his strengths as a shooter. Leave him in the corners.

Galloway. He tries but he is not a PG. He is a small shooting guard with hustle but size limitations. Also does not see the court well. I don't think he is a starter.

Other guys who have stood out are Mbour who looks like a potential defensive center. Kirk also looks like a future decent defensive center.

I am dissapointed in Thanasis and the French dude. They don't seem to have much of an offensive game. We will see, its only two games so far.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Well, I hope that Porzingis has eliminated that three point foul in the closing seconds from his repertory.

Very much like this kid. I swore I'd stop watching the Knicks after more than 50 years but it's fun to watch draft choices develop into something worthwhile. I'm very cautiously optimistic.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Redraft based on what I've seen.

1. Porzingis
2. Okafor
3. Towns
4. Mudiay
5. Russell

Russell was overhype. Has trouble getting into the lane and finishing around the basket. Which showed in college. Left-handed dominant. Does not use his right hand. Pretty slow. Not athletic. Inconsistent shooter. This is Summer League. He has yet to face elite guards.... Best asset is his vision.
Lakers were crazy to pass on Okafor.

Towns not very agile. They said he could shoot but I haven't seen it. Very foul prone.

Okafor looks like he did in college. Great footwork. He's going to be a handful down low.
However, he's going to have to really keep himself in shape. Still can't hit free throws. Non- factor on defense. Tires easily.
It's going to be hard to build a team around him though.

Mudiay looks better than Russell. More athletic and quicker. Can penetrate and a very good passer. Passing looks better than Russell's.
Mudiay has scored but he has not been efficient at all. Can't hit free throws.

BarbaraAlphanse

Walt Clyde says he thinks Melo is gone. I know he's sometimes nuts, but he knows the organization and he knew before anyone Melo would resign. He says he doesn't think Melo will be patient with the rebuild and will ask to be traded. He's not getting younger.

You need to get creative if you're Phil. 3 team trade.

Ideally:

LAC: griffin and 1st to minn
NYK: Melo and Galloway
Minn: towns and Rubio
Knicks get towns and Rubio. Open up cap space. Go hard after Durant. That's probably their plan all along. They signed guys connected to KD.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Walt Clyde says he thinks Melo is gone. I know he's sometimes nuts, but he knows the organization and he knew before anyone Melo would resign. He says he doesn't think Melo will be patient with the rebuild and will ask to be traded. He's not getting younger.

Ideally:

Knicks get towns and Rubio. Open up cap space. Go hard after Durant. That's probably their plan all along. They signed guys connected to KD.

Bad trade for Minn. They need much more than that plus I doubt they trade a young center it would be incredibly stupid.

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site

Ideally:

Carmelodrama might be considered damaged goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad