OT: NBA Discussion Thread Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
is he that much of a project? hes a good shooter and at 7'2" can shoot over anyone on the perimeter. even if hes too slight to be effective inside, he should be effective outside for a few years until he get strong enough to play inside and out.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Lets talk free agents I know the Knicks like Monroe how much will he cost and can we add another free agent or is it one this year and one next year? They have roughly 25 M to spend and have nobody under contract

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Dumb pick. Hate it. The right move was to trade the pick for more picks/assets. This kid will never be allowed to develop properly and get booed back to Latvia or Israel or anywhere but midtown Manhattan.

Cursed franchise. That sorry POS won two meaningless games to cost them the only impact players, while the guy who could have coached them won an NBA title.

**** Fisher
**** Isaiah
**** Mills
**** Dolan
**** Jackson
**** Melo
**** the idiot season ticket holders

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
i doubt the knicks fans will boo him back to latvia. the team won like 16 games last year and ever player got booed. the collective ****tiness will allow him to escape scrutiny.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Defense and strength down the middle with a willingness to intimidate were the ONLY roster types who made this franchise contenders.

The pick should have been traded the minute that buffoon Mills sunk in his chair at the lottery. Wasted season for nothing.

no player in this draft is making the knicks a contender in the next 2 years

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
i doubt the knicks fans will boo him back to latvia. the team won like 16 games last year and ever player got booed. the collective ****tiness will allow him to escape scrutiny.

I'm saying he'll Crack under pressure and want to leave. The marriage will never work. And even if he does 15/10 a night he won't be a difference maker.

The NBA is not the NHL. You can't build a contender without a franchise player or two. The only solution for the Knicks was to build a team of players who can hustle and develop an identity and pray that one of their middle 1sts develops into a star or the wait for one to be a FA.

I want to enjoy watching them play. The chance Porzingis provides me with joy are slim to none.

Just once, I as a fan wanted to be placated by the sucker franchise. Just draft Winslow or Mudiay and make us briefly happy. In this sense, the fans are smart and know the franchise.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'm saying he'll Crack under pressure and want to leave. The marriage will never work. And even if he does 15/10 a night he won't be a difference maker.

The NBA is not the NHL. You can't build a contender without a franchise player or two. The only solution for the Knicks was to build a team of players who can hustle and develop an identity and pray that one of their middle 1sts develops into a star or the wait for one to be a FA.

I want to enjoy watching them play. The chance Porzingis provides me with joy are slim to none.

Just once, I as a fan wanted to be placated by the sucker franchise. Just draft Winslow or Mudiay and make us briefly happy. In this sense, the fans are smart and know the franchise.

Even if he turns into Dirk Nowitzki? Don't forget that everyone ripped on Dirk when he was picked and look how that turned out.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
One of the biggest mistakes the Knicks made was resigning Carmelo, and trust me I'm not a Carmelo hater, just the opposite.

If the Knicks committed to a real rebuild, this pick would make a lot of sense. A pick like this, while it could pay dividends in the future, doesn't help them now. They would've been better off trading back, and picking up an additional roster player that could have helped them next year and forward, like the Bledsoe rumors.

I feel like this franchise is very directionless at the moment.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I heard that with Gallo.

The chance he becomes Dirk is as likely as the Rangers drafting a future Hall of Famer at 59th.

Just let him play. Don't write him off when you've never seen him play.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I don't like the pick, but all I can do now is root for the kid and hope he'll succeed. He's been saying he wants to play for the Knicks, so let's hope he puts in the time and effort to become a star here.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
One of the biggest mistakes the Knicks made was resigning Carmelo, and trust me I'm not a Carmelo hater, just the opposite.

If the Knicks committed to a real rebuild, this pick would make a lot of sense. A pick like this, while it could pay dividends in the future, doesn't help them now. They would've been better off trading back, and picking up an additional roster player that could have helped them next year and forward, like the Bledsoe rumors.

I feel like this franchise is very directionless at the moment.

whats a real rebuild in the nba? u need star players. no FA is signing with a **** team with no other legit players. draft picks dont mean much if they arent really high in the draft. the 6ers have been doing a "real" rebuild. theyve sucked for years. sign a big time FA this year or next. hope that porzingis develops and u got melo, another star FA, and potentially a really good player in porzingis and ur on the way to being a really good team.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I've seen footage of him to come away with seeing nothing more than a perimeter player who would have gone 1st overall in this weak draft year if he was as great as all these NBA execs are now reportedly saying

Well the 3 guys chosen before him are pretty darn good.

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
“A lot of fans weren’t happy they drafted me,†Porzingis said of the reaction. “I have to do everything that’s in my hands to turn those booing fans into clapping fans. There’s nothing I can do. I was happy about it. I want to be part of this organization. Fans are a little bit harsh sometimes, but that’s how it is in New York and I’m ready for it.€

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
“A lot of fans weren’t happy they drafted me,†Porzingis said of the reaction. “I have to do everything that’s in my hands to turn those booing fans into clapping fans. There’s nothing I can do. I was happy about it. I want to be part of this organization. Fans are a little bit harsh sometimes, but that’s how it is in New York and I’m ready for it.â€

If I had a nickle....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad