OT: NBA Discussion Thread: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Robinson is a jump shot from being an elite player.

Porzingis was not blocking perimeter shots like Robinson. Robinson has better lateral movement too. Grabs boards. Which was one of my biggest gripes with Porzingis. You can't be 7'3" but rebound like a small forward.

Reactions: ponzu4u

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Take my Nets' roster and front office over the Knicks' 10 out of 10 times, however. :)
Perry is proving himself though, give him a couple years. I sat down with him before the season in a meet the GM event with Mills and his central philosophy is finding players who just flat out love basketball, who would be out in the park playing every day even if they couldn't get paid for it. He does have a good eye for talent too,man Dolan & Phil Jackson have been such a disaster. It takes time to undo a mess like that

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Just realized the Nets have the Knicks 2nd rounder. Couldn't remember how so I looked it up. It was traded a few times, not Knicks to Nets directly.

Check this out. Thanks Phil!

NEW YORK, October 27, 2014 –- New York Knickerbockers President Phil Jackson announced today that the team has traded forward Travis Outlaw to the Philadelphia 76ers for forward Arnett Moultrie. In addition, Philadelphia received a 2019 second-round draft selection and the option exchange 2018 second-round draft selections.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Just realized the Nets have the Knicks 2nd rounder. Couldn't remember how so I looked it up. It was traded a few times, not Knicks to Nets directly.

Check this out. Thanks Phil!

NEW YORK, October 27, 2014 –- New York Knickerbockers President Phil Jackson announced today that the team has traded forward Travis Outlaw to the Philadelphia 76ers for forward Arnett Moultrie. In addition, Philadelphia received a 2019 second-round draft selection and the option exchange 2018 second-round draft selections.
Nets are not getting Knicks 2018 2nd rounder.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Nets are not getting Knicks 2019 2nd rounder.
yes they are:

"Future Traded Pick Details - Brooklyn Nets

2019 second round draft pick from New York
New York's 2019 2nd round pick to Brooklyn (via Philadelphia)
[New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/7/2017]"

NBA Future Drafts Detailed - RealGM

We finally get rid of the last of Phil's gifts in 2021 where the sixers own our 2nd round pick again. Hopefully by then we are a playoff team

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York

yes they are:

"Future Traded Pick Details - Brooklyn Nets

2019 second round draft pick from New York
New York's 2019 2nd round pick to Brooklyn (via Philadelphia)
[New York-Philadelphia, 10/27/2014; Brooklyn-Philadelphia, 12/7/2017]"

NBA Future Drafts Detailed - RealGM

We finally get rid of the last of Phil's gifts in 2021 where the sixers own our 2nd round pick again. Hopefully by then we are a playoff team
I was referring to the exchange option (which I don't really understand anyway).

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Anyone getting Marbury vibes from Kyrie?

The Boston pro sport witch Hunt is ganging up on him this time around. I don't know if he'll be able to handle the Knicks rebuilding roster and a bit of a hothead at his position behind him (DSJ).

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anyone getting Marbury vibes from Kyrie?

The Boston pro sport witch Hunt is ganging up on him this time around. I don't know if he'll be able to handle the Knicks rebuilding roster and a bit of a hothead at his position behind him (DSJ).
Well he's not leadership material but I think he also has come to understand that himself, he even reached out to LeBron after he realized what it was like to be the man. But that's ok if we can pair him with a #1 like Durant, and actually that's ideal for KD because he really wants to be out of anyone's shadow for the first time after playing with Westbrook and Curry. My only concern is injury risk but I'm happy to roll the dice if he comes with someone better

Reactions: cgf

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I'd be so much happier with that win if it weren't balanced out by my growing dread that the Lakers are somehow going to end up with a top 3 pick in this draft while the Knicks drop to 5th.

The more I sim the draft order on Tankathon it seems like the Lakers end up with#1 OA just as much as the Knicks do.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I know it’s not likely, but if Dallas somehow jumps Atlanta in the tank standings, the Knicks would be so screwed.

That pick is top 5 protected. So Dallas would keep it, and still owe Atlanta next year for Doncic. Meaning it would push the KP 1st rounders out even further.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
I think the idea is that would actually be a good thing, as it would push one of the picks into the year that the NBA is going to get rid of the one and done rule. So that years draft will have double the prospects of a normal draft and the knicks will have 2 1st rounders.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I'd be so much happier with that win if it weren't balanced out by my growing dread that the Lakers are somehow going to end up with a top 3 pick in this draft while the Knicks drop to 5th.

The more I sim the draft order on Tankathon it seems like the Lakers end up with#1 OA just as much as the Knicks do.
Lol you, me and everyone else know the Lakers are gonna get a rigged pick

Reactions: ponzu4u
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad