NBA NBA Allows Players to Change Jersey Name to Message of Social Justice

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Hawley is completely correct to call out the NBA for their hypocrisy on justice issues. They are more than willing to speak up when it doesn’t affect their pocketbook but they’re completely silent on the atrocities their business partners in China are involved in both in Hong Kong and with the Uighurs.
It’s not the pocketbook, genius. NBA players care more about BLM because police killings affect their families and their friends. How dare they care more about issues affecting their community.

Anyone trying to bring up China are just being incredibly selfish. Because they don’t give a f*** about China themselves. Chinese people suffering from oppression aren’t YOUR slaves. Stop using them as your pawn.

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
bringing attention to BLM and issues such as racism and police brutality is disgusting

got it
Yes, supporting a borderline terrorist group at sports events which are meant for entertainment is beyond disgusting. I'm glad you can think rationally and we agree.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yes, supporting a borderline terrorist group at sports events which are meant for entertainment is beyond disgusting. I'm glad you can think rationally and we agree.
lol

didn't know standing up for black lives means you're a terrorist, but here we are

cesareborgia

Jun 9, 2010
lol

didn't know standing up for black lives means you're a terrorist, but here we are
Supporting them doesn't mean you're a terrorist. It just means you are supporting a terrorist group. Just like if you were supporting ANTIFA, Hamas, Al Qaeda, etc.

And a nice little "lol" there at the beginning. Shows a lot. Hope you're enjoying your high school summer vacation.

Let's leave these matters to those with at least a high school diploma, shall we?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Supporting them doesn't mean you're a terrorist. It just means you are supporting a terrorist group. Just like if you were supporting ANTIFA, Hamas, Al Qaeda, etc.

And a nice little "lol" there at the beginning. Shows a lot. Hope you're enjoying your high school summer vacation.

Let's leave these matters to those with at least a high school diploma, shall we?
struck a nerve?

so you're telling me BLM has murdered people? got a source for that?

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
struck a nerve?

so you're telling me BLM has murdered people? got a source for that?
h3nEKUB.gif

Reactions: Terry Yake

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Hawley is completely correct to call out the NBA for their hypocrisy on justice issues. They are more than willing to speak up when it doesn’t affect their pocketbook but they’re completely silent on the atrocities their business partners in China are involved in both in Hong Kong and with the Uighurs.

what atrocities? HK riots started because racist HKers didn't want one of their own to be charged with murder

as for Uighurs, i take it you're fine with them joining al-Qaeda and the Pakistani Taliban? this is who you expect Lebron to stand up for

what's funny here is that the US actually supports Al-Qaeda lol

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

LMAOOOO

Reactions: Terry Yake

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Regardless of what thread you are in you keep insulting people when they challenge your "interesting" takes. That does say a great deal about yourself.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I get that Silver is scared shitless of China but why couldn't players put anything to support Venezuelans or Syrians or other oppressed people? I get its more about domestic issues, but people in those places particularly have it a lot worse.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I get that Silver is scared shitless of China but why couldn't players put anything to support Venezuelans or Syrians or other oppressed people? I get its more about domestic issues, but people in those places particularly have it a lot worse.

you do understand that your enemy doesn't have to be someone else's enemy, right. you want them to support US sanctions that are crippling those people?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
how many venezuelan or syrian players are in the NBA?

of course there's terrible shit happening in other countries too, but the players' focus is on the issues here at home and in most cases, they are issues that have affected them personally. that's the thing to remember here. if there was a syrian player in the league, there's a good chance he probably would wear a message in regards to the situation there because he may have been personally affected by it

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
how many venezuelan or syrian players are in the NBA?

of course there's terrible shit happening in other countries too, but the players' focus is on the issues here at home and in most cases, they are issues that have affected them personally. that's the thing to remember here. if there was a syrian player in the league, there's a good chance he probably would wear a message in regards to the situation there because he may have been personally affected by it
But, that's not what it's been about since China and the NBA was first brought up when Morey tweeted in support of the protests, and how the NBA reacted to him. It's never been a situation where it's been lets focus on domestic issues and leave foreign issues aside. The NBA and members in and around the NBA made the China situation a bigger deal with their response to Morey because they cared more about the China money.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
But, that's not what it's been about since China and the NBA was first brought up when Morey tweeted in support of the protests, and how the NBA reacted to him. It's never been a situation where it's been lets focus on domestic issues and leave foreign issues aside. The NBA and members in and around the NBA made the China situation a bigger deal with their response to Morey because they cared more about the China money.
we're talking about the players here

aside from lebron, which players spoke out against morey? the league made a statement and some owners threw in their two cents, but which players came out and said something against morey?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
we're talking about the players here

aside from lebron, which players spoke out against morey? the league made a statement and some owners threw in their two cents, but which players came out and said something against morey?
Harden did too, can't remember if there were others as well. NBA should be open to people wanting to speak out about China and human rights violations there, and human rights violations around the world if people want to talk about them or support protests against them, just as they support people talking about the issues here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad