NBA 2K17 (multiple platforms)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Depends on your position. MyPlayer is a PG so I felt like the Knicks were a good choice.

Think you mentioned you played on the Knicks in 2k16 but I've enjoyed them so far in 2k17. Signed with them after playing rookie year with the Pelicans. Melo and Porzingis are fun to play with. Melo is easy to get assists with because he's a great spot up shooter and running the PnR with Porzingod is too easy.

Another team I considered was the Rockets to form the NBA's best backcourt with Harden and also the T-Wolves to pair up with Towns and Wiggins.

But obviously based on your position you might have better options than those.
I play with a 6'3 sharpshooter PG. Just got my first triple double in my first playoff game, hooray. Milwaukee is actually pretty solid to play with. Monroe is good inside and Parker scores inside and outside.

Yeah, playing with the Knicks was really fun last year. Probably better now cause Porzingis would still miss shots last year. Looking for something new though of course where I can hoard the ball with good shooters around me. Minnesota is pretty intriguing. They just made 8th seed and took game 1 from the Warriors in my game. Philly might be fun too with Simmons and Embiid.

Last year I got tired of the Knicks not making any moves to get better so I just started MyLeague or whatever with myself at PG so I could actually make trades and what not. Quite fun.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I play with a 6'3 sharpshooter PG. Just got my first triple double in my first playoff game, hooray. Milwaukee is actually pretty solid to play with. Monroe is good inside and Parker scores inside and outside.

Yeah, playing with the Knicks was really fun last year. Probably better now cause Porzingis would still miss shots last year. Looking for something new though of course where I can hoard the ball with good shooters around me. Minnesota is pretty intriguing. They just made 8th seed and took game 1 from the Warriors in my game. Philly might be fun too with Simmons and Embiid.

Last year I got tired of the Knicks not making any moves to get better so I just started MyLeague or whatever with myself at PG so I could actually make trades and what not. Quite fun.

The Twolves would be fun. I considered the 76ers too but wasn't sure how Simmons would be as a teammate given his best attributes on offense are being the ball handler.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Do the classic teams (like 80s Lakers etc) have custom offensive playbooks set by default?

For example, does Magic Johnson go to the post, do they run ISO plays for Worthy, etc ?

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Do the classic teams (like 80s Lakers etc) have custom offensive playbooks set by default?

For example, does Magic Johnson go to the post, do they run ISO plays for Worthy, etc ?

I don't think it's customized exactly to the teams but you can definitely pick plays to resemble such an offense. Like there are definitely plays to get your PG in the post and obviously you can ISO with just about anyone.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Earned Kobe's MyTeam card in 2k18 apparently.

Hung out with him for the 3rd/4th time in MyCareer and my agent said I got an award. When I went to check it said the reward was unavailable however in 2k18 I'd get the Kobe myTeam card.

Pretty cool I guess although they're clearly looking for more ways to keep you playing next year.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Justice is so trash it's pissing me off. The second he gets over half with the ball he throws it to someone else for no reason. I can't run a pick and roll because garbage players always have the ball cause he won't hold onto it for two seconds. Seriously annoying.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
No I'm a power forward lol. If I was a point guard he'd never touch the ball. Whenever he passes it to other team mates when I try setting a pick, half the time they then pass it to me when I'm at the 3 point line and since I've got no 3 point shot or play making skills I get stripped half the time haha.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Ay we made the finals barely. Kyrie is hard to defend.

I was stressing guarding Curry in the finals, but he's out for the playoffs :amazed: Don't even really have to guard Livingston.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Ay we made the finals barely. Kyrie is hard to defend.

I was stressing guarding Curry in the finals, but he's out for the playoffs :amazed: Don't even really have to guard Livingston.

That's a real blessing. I kinda like playing against him though because it boosts my rebounds and I can usually block him once or twice.

Every time I play Curry I usually hold him to like 8 of 30 shooting, but pretty much every shot is a 3 and he gets some free throws so he probably averages about 30 per game against me. And as I said, helps my rebounding numbers too.

For me the hardest point guard to defend is Westbrook. He's just so dammmnn fast I get blown by repeatedly.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
That's a real blessing. I kinda like playing against him though because it boosts my rebounds and I can usually block him once or twice.

Every time I play Curry I usually hold him to like 8 of 30 shooting, but pretty much every shot is a 3 and he gets some free throws so he probably averages about 30 per game against me. And as I said, helps my rebounding numbers too.

For me the hardest point guard to defend is Westbrook. He's just so dammmnn fast I get blown by repeatedly.
It's cool that we're gonna win the title cause I can just help on KD, Klay, Durant with Livingston not shooting 3s. KD was 3-16 in the first game, 1-11 from 3. It is more fun to guard the best though. Feels good to lock em down.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I don't have the game, but might get in the near future, so I was wondering has anyone used realistic sliders, like the ones from Operation Sports and are they any good?

Are the base sliders good enough or is there too much cheesing that goes on?

Also, how long do you usually play MyCareer for before being bored of it?

Thanks

btw, the last 2k game I played at length was 2k14 on the 360. I'll be playing on PS4 this time.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
woah, that's a long time, but I remember I played the 2k14 my player/career for a long ass time as well lol. How often do you play? Anything to be weary about?
Lol I'm not sure man. My major gripe with the game is myCareer is really janky in how it loads a lot of the time. Sometimes it doesn't load at all before I have to do some wizardry, but I don't think it's like that for everyone. Other than that, if you enjoy the gameplay, you'll enjoy myCareer. The story is a bit annoying, that's about it.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Lol I'm not sure man. My major gripe with the game is myCareer is really janky in how it loads a lot of the time. Sometimes it doesn't load at all before I have to do some wizardry, but I don't think it's like that for everyone. Other than that, if you enjoy the gameplay, you'll enjoy myCareer. The story is a bit annoying, that's about it.

Cool. Thanks for the help and info!

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
So we won the title. Decided to pick Wolves, Spurs, and Mavs as my three teams. Cuban threw the most money at me but I was pretty meh about it. Came down to the Spurs and Wolves. Sort of wanted to pick Wolves cause they were offering 42 mpg to Spurs 40, but their roster is kinda lame outside of KAT and Wiggins. Joined the SPURS.

Looking at the player movement. KD just ****ed off from GS to join the Clippers, but the Warriors ended up with that loser Justice Young anyways.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
So we won the title. Decided to pick Wolves, Spurs, and Mavs as my three teams. Cuban threw the most money at me but I was pretty meh about it. Came down to the Spurs and Wolves. Sort of wanted to pick Wolves cause they were offering 42 mpg to Spurs 40, but their roster is kinda lame outside of KAT and Wiggins. Joined the SPURS.

Looking at the player movement. KD just ****ed off from GS to join the Clippers, but the Warriors ended up with that loser Justice Young anyways.

Spurs should be fun. They still have all their main guys?

KD stayed with the Warriors in MyCareer mode but left for the Hawks in MyGM mode that I'm doing with the Kings.

I'm in year 3 of my Kings MyGM mode and it's been a blast. I downloaded the draft classes each of the upcoming 3 drafts. Unloaded most of my pieces for picks and my starting roster right now is
PG- Lonzo Ball
SG- Bradley Beal
SF- Josh Jackson
PF- Laurri Markkanen
C- Deandre Ayton

We're gonna be a dynasty in a couple years :laugh:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yup. Me, Kawhi, Aldridge the big 3. Danny Green still the SG.

That looks like fun. When I played myLeague last year, I broke the bank for the first overall pick (Ben Simmons) and he went on to win 7 MVPs.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I signed with the trailblazers this off-season. The spurs got justice young that poor team.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I signed with the trailblazers this off-season. The spurs got justice young that poor team.

Does anything happen when you both go to different teams? Any backlash from fans or Justice Young bash your for night going where he went?

I was drafted originally by Chicago and re-signed in Chicago, Justice also re-signed in Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad