NBA 2K17 (multiple platforms)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Cauley-Stein <3

Between he, myself, Gordon, Flores, and Dwight off the bench Orlando is lob city

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I really hope they separate my career and online next year. I hate being only good at dunking or only good at shooting because of these dumb archetypes. No doubt made 2k a lot of money though because people dish $$ for vc to be half good.
Also, play/draft position should affect minutes more than it does. I went 2nd overall to the Lakers as a center and the 32ND pick of the draft started over me for 8 games. I put up much better numbers than him. It's just dumb.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
^ all those uncontrollable aspects are what made me finally switch to player-locking myleague instead of playing mycareer, you're in control of everything and it can be as realistic or as arcadey as you please

CPU GM AI, however, is a major issue

I started up a Knicks myleague on start today mode to get to the draft and gave every team their actual real life 1st round draft positions for the 2017 draft, I had the 8th pick

1st overall the Celtics took. . . Malik Monk, who I think was rated 5th in the draft class I downloaded

2nd pick, Lakers got Markelle Fultz

3rd pick, 76ers got Lonzo Ball

4th pick. . . WE HAVE A TRADE TO ANNOUNCE

The Suns trade the 4th pick and Tyson Chandler to the Lakers for Fultz (the #1 ranked prospect they snatched up at #2) so that the Lakers can select Josh Jackson

The rest of the picks up to mine rattled off nearly as expected though it looked like De'Aaron Fox had slipped to me at 8, so I was excited to still be getting a good prospect

I check the trade offers for the 8th overall pick

The Phoenix Suns are offering Markelle Fultz for the 8th and a 1st next year, I change it to the 8th and my 2 2nd rounders this year, The Phoenix Suns are happy to accept your trade offer, so that at 8th the Suns can select Harry Giles, Fox ends up slipping all the way to Detroit at 12

Having the 8th overall pick should not be able to net you the top prospect in the draft, so that's bad enough, but having 2 young franchise talents to build with in Porzingis and Fultz meant I could trade Carmello Anthony, and Detroit was willing to take him for Andre Drummond. . . and De'Aaaron Fox

I flipped Drummond to Brooklyn for 2 future 1sts, so the 8th Pick and Carmello Anthony turned into:

The best prospect in the draft, the guy I hoped to get at #8 anyway, and an extra first round pick in the next 2 drafts

That's a little too crazy, I might need to play with cpu logic sliders or something

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I don't know how they calculate DPotY in this game but something is ****ed up

I was the leading candidate for the last several games of the season, and I got passed up after finishing the season with a night going for 12 steals, 2 blocks, 10 rebounds, and was a +66, how the actual **** 2k?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Every time I sim this season with the current rosters Westbrook averages like 35 12 & 13, I get that they want to get him the double figures but dang 2K

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Appears all my data has been erased as it told me it's overwriting my files and I had to create a new MyPlayer. Awesome game, 10/10, would buy again.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Appears all my data has been erased as it told me it's overwriting my files and I had to create a new MyPlayer. Awesome game, 10/10, would buy again.

Oh no what a horrible accident. Looks like you'll have to purchase 150$ of VC to get your my player back where you want him. And don't forget to get a shooting sleeve and headband for only 7500 VC while you're at it! -2k

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Every time I sim this season with the current rosters Westbrook averages like 35 12 & 13, I get that they want to get him the double figures but dang 2K

I think it took me until year 5 of MyGM before he dropped below a triple double. And it was assists that went under, not rebounds. Although honestly that's probably the more likely stat of his to drop below 10 next season :laugh:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Oh no what a horrible accident. Looks like you'll have to purchase 150$ of VC to get your my player back where you want him. And don't forget to get a shooting sleeve and headband for only 7500 VC while you're at it! -2k
And for all our great fans out there, we're having a HUGE VC SALE. 1,000 VC for the low price of $99.99!!!! -ronnie2k

*sees ad for stupid sale on every square inch of every screen*

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Damn...

It was done on purpose because they want you to spend real money on in-game upgrades. :sarcasm:

(Seriously, who spends real money on coins and stuff?)
I bought some for $9.99 once when I simply didn't have the time to play the game. My player was flat out terrible and I didn't have enough time to play more than like a game or two a day so he wasn't getting better.

**** 2K.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What's got the best career mode or gameplay on PS3 between 2k14-2k17?

I'm guessing it's either 14 or 15 and that 16/17 are heavily ported from PS4.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I'm pretty much ready to move on to NBA 2k18 at this point. I really wish this game had a feature much like the MLB the Show series that would allow you to transfer content over from each game. I'm now in year 3 of myPlayer and I really wish I could continue using this character in 18. However I'm sure 2K won't be doing that as it would cost them $$$ in VC.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Bought 2k11 recently. I wouldn't even say it's worse than 17. Probably equal in terms of fun. It has a dunk contest that's pretty decent and no VC. Can you believe there was once a time a headband didn't cost 2000 VC? also you get 10000 skill points off the bat when you make a new my player. Can get a core stat pdq to 80 right off the bat. Definitely ready for 18 but not looking forward to starting at 50 overall and getting to 60 overall being about 20000 VC (which on sale will only cost 20$!). I'm joking but I wouldn't be shocked if we started even lower and stats were even more expensive.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Bought 2k11 recently. I wouldn't even say it's worse than 17. Probably equal in terms of fun. It has a dunk contest that's pretty decent and no VC. Can you believe there was once a time a headband didn't cost 2000 VC? also you get 10000 skill points off the bat when you make a new my player. Can get a core stat pdq to 80 right off the bat. Definitely ready for 18 but not looking forward to starting at 50 overall and getting to 60 overall being about 20000 VC (which on sale will only cost 20$!). I'm joking but I wouldn't be shocked if we started even lower and stats were even more expensive.

2k11 was the first 2k I bought. I didn't buy a 2k again until 16 because I enjoyed it so much. I'd love to think VC will go away but it won't. At this point it's probably how 2k makes most of its money.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Just player lock MyLeague guys, it's the way to go, I haven't touched MyCareer in like 6 months

You get full control of what stats you want upgraded (though if you want a challenge/some realism it's up to you to hold yourself accountable), your player grows naturally over the season without spending VC, and you still earn VC for the games you play

I've just been running scenarios like "what if I was GM Lebron" or "could KD win if he went to Boston", or "can the showtime Lakers beat these Warriors"

You're able to keep the leagues fresh and you can always just make a new one once you get bored without it feeling like a waste cuz you're not wasting VC

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Can you player lock or only position lock? I don't wanna play as someone else. Also, it just feels so much different than my career. I tried once with a position lock and idk. Wasn't the same.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Can you player lock or only position lock? I don't wanna play as someone else. Also, it just feels so much different than my career. I tried once with a position lock and idk. Wasn't the same.

You can do either one now

In MyLeague settings go to position settings to lock to any player or any position, and it's just as simple to turn it off

There are other benefits like being in control of trades, rotations, managing minutes, ect, it's just more free and more fun in general

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
So I'm a 95 Athletic Finisher. I was new to 2K and hadn't realized what an Athletic Finisher was. Noted for when I purchase 18. Anyways my doin work meter disappeared once I got to 95. I heard you need to be a superstar to get past that but I see all stars at 96? How do I get more attributes?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
That's gotta be a mental thing, cause it's the exactly the same lol. I was sort of the same way when I started doing MyLeague after weastern mentioned it. I joined Anthony Davis and I traded for Gordon Hayward. Player locked initially, but just found the team really cool and took off lock to use the whole team. Being given the option makes it different.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
So I'm a 95 Athletic Finisher. I was new to 2K and hadn't realized what an Athletic Finisher was. Noted for when I purchase 18. Anyways my doin work meter disappeared once I got to 95. I heard you need to be a superstar to get past that but I see all stars at 96? How do I get more attributes?

I'm a 95 playmaker and have been for about 3-4 months. I've never heard of a way to add attributes after that until you're a superstar. I'm currently and all-star in my park but don't have ability to add attributes.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
I'm a 95 playmaker and have been for about 3-4 months. I've never heard of a way to add attributes after that until you're a superstar. I'm currently and all-star in my park but don't have ability to add attributes.

I'm allstar 2 (almost 3) but ya. I've seen a few who are 96 all stars. Maybe they were a superstar and "abandoned"? I duno

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
If NHL's gm mode was anything like NBA's I'd lose my life :laugh:

I love the GM mode in 2k. Don't play it much but it's fun.

I started a GM mode with Sacramento a few months back and the team is just loaded. I tanked the first season and got 3 first round picks all of which ended up being in the top 9. Drafted Lonzo Ball, Josh Jackson and Lauri Markannen. Signed Bradley Beal and Nerlens Noel. Then in year 2 we finished with the 11th best odds at the #1 pick and somehow won the lottery :laugh: drafted DeAndre Ayton and now the team in year 3 is as follows:

PG- Lonzo Ball 88
SG- Bradley Beal 87
SF- Josh Jackson 84
PF- Lauri Markannen 81
C- Deandre Ayton 82

Bench:
Buddy Hield 80
Nerlens Noel 80
Skal Labissierrie 78
Brandon Jennings 77

I think year 3 will go pretty well

Also, brandon Jennings is very over powered in this game. He's got a great release and scores at will. Highly recommend him because it's just ridiculous how much better he is in the game than real life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad