NBA 2K17 (multiple platforms)

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Does anything happen when you both go to different teams? Any backlash from fans or Justice Young bash your for night going where he went?

I was drafted originally by Chicago and re-signed in Chicago, Justice also re-signed in Chicago.

No nobody acknowledged anything. Kevin Durant signed in Sacramento (where I left) and Steph curry signed in Atlanta. Also, lilliard shot 1-9 from 3 and 2-15 total. Also didn't throw lobs or pass whenever I asked lol. It's like he's trying to make me miss justice.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
IDK why the Spurs signed Jarrett Jack and TJ McConnell as PGs too and still want to give them minutes. SMH I keep getting subbed in at SG and SF. **** Pop. I miss Justice tbh

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
IDK why the Spurs signed Jarrett Jack and TJ McConnell as PGs too and still want to give them minutes. SMH I keep getting subbed in at SG and SF. **** Pop. I miss Justice tbh

Stuff like this is why I haven't touched MyCareer in hella days

I just make custom characters, insert them into a MyLeague roster or once they retire a draft class, put on player lock, and disable auto timeouts and auto substitutions in settings, waaaaaaaay more fun to play (plus you can control trades and other moves throughout the league if desired)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Stuff like this is why I haven't touched MyCareer in hella days

I just make custom characters, insert them into a MyLeague roster or once they retire a draft class, put on player lock, and disable auto timeouts and auto substitutions in settings, waaaaaaaay more fun to play (plus you can control trades and other moves throughout the league if desired)
Yup, I'm on the verge of doing this lol. You told me about this in 2K16 too and I am forever grateful.

It was **** though when my player just kicked it in free agency after a couple seasons and I didn't realize lol

Me, Patty Mills, Jarrett Jack, TJ McConnell, Tony Parker, Dejounte Murray, and Mo Williams at PG. WTF? David Lee is the only backup to any other position. No wonder Pop has to play me everywhere.

Last edited:

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It was **** though when my player just kicked it in free agency after a couple seasons and I didn't realize lol

When that happens you can go into league automation settings and just user control the team they went to and trade them back for a 2nd rounder, if you do it in the off-season it will look like they never played for the other team

In order to make it all work you obviously need to disable the salary cap, but you should also be sure to negate all of the "approved" decisions at the league meetings in the off-season in order to keep the rules consistent, I've forgotten to do so and went from one season to the next only to find that the shot clock had been increased to 50 seconds and the pace of play was just dreadful and unfun

Me, Patty Mills, Jarrett Jack, TJ McConnell, Tony Parker, Dejounte Murray, and Mo Williams at PG. WTF? David Lee is the only backup to any other position. No wonder Pop has to play me everywhere.

Absolutely asinine, the GM logic is nonexistent

Even in the leagues I manufacture there's still weird idiosyncrasies, like I can win the championship every year but we'll still have a different coach the next season

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California

I guess I should've said something earlier but you seemed so fed up and annoyed with Justice that I kept shut. Honestly Justice is a huge asset. The OJ thing is way over the top, but when you unlock it in game it's pretty much unstoppable.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Lol wtf @ 50 second shot clock. Never seen that before thankfully.

I guess I should've said something earlier but you seemed so fed up and annoyed with Justice that I kept shut. Honestly Justice is a huge asset. The OJ thing is way over the top, but when you unlock it in game it's pretty much unstoppable.
Lol I was a bit tongue in cheek, but he is actually quite good in the game. Especially when he can get himself open, it's an easy assist every time. So sick of his face and voice and just seeing him though that I'll never go back to him. And I'll never watch another Michael B Jordan film :laugh:

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Lol I was a bit tongue in cheek, but he is actually quite good in the game. Especially when he can get himself open, it's an easy assist every time. So sick of his face and voice and just seeing him though that I'll never go back to him. And I'll never watch another Michael B Jordan film :laugh:

Hahaha I feel the same way. This game makes me glad he was in that awful fantastic four film but at the same time, he passed to me whenever I called for it and hit 3s pretty consistently. "You don't know what you've got til it's gone" :cry:

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Hahaha I feel the same way. This game makes me glad he was in that awful fantastic four film but at the same time, he passed to me whenever I called for it and hit 3s pretty consistently. "You don't know what you've got til it's gone" :cry:

Exactly. He's kind of the perfect teammate for this game.

Not sure about you guys but he's easily led the NBA in 3p% the two seasons I've played with him. Like over 50% even on all star.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I don't know what they changed about his stats specifically but Westbrook averages a triple double like every season now when simulating

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
What's the flopping button?

Double tap circle yo

I started to get bored with the game when I remembered there are higher difficulties, up on Superstar and the game is fun and challenging again

I tried playing a game on Hall of Fame and I got 20 balled by the Bucks, how do people even play like that?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Double tap circle yo

I started to get bored with the game when I remembered there are higher difficulties, up on Superstar and the game is fun and challenging again

I tried playing a game on Hall of Fame and I got 20 balled by the Bucks, how do people even play like that?
I can't play that high of a level for h2h or against cpu. I just stick to pro lol. Can't defend for ****. I played with the Hawks once and the Celtics were up 25 on me in the 3rd so I just shut it off. Unless I have a team that can shoot, I'm completely clueless lol

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Playing this game for the first time in almost a month. I still hate it. I still don't get passed to by lilliard. He also walks the ball up the court every single time. The coach is annoying, and it still waits until you start up a game to tell you there's an upgrade required. I hate this.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
just bought the game (last time i had 2k15), everything got a bit better. altough i dont know about online/story mode cuz i stay away from it. i create my own manager mode where i player lock a rookie or a young player and try to post spectacular numbers. my fav player so far is the sf from the nets similar to gerald wallace... i try to do 20 points and 10 rebounds combined with at least 1-1 steal/block per game (on allstar)

the major improvent for me is that you can lock on just one player in manager mode, the game simply sims the time u are on the bench... all that while u can adjust minutes for ur hole team. now i need to figure out if it is possible to improve the stats from players in mid season.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Playing this game for the first time in almost a month. I still hate it. I still don't get passed to by lilliard. He also walks the ball up the court every single time. The coach is annoying, and it still waits until you start up a game to tell you there's an upgrade required. I hate this.
Mine had an update before the main menu loaded every time. Then it couldn't get past that screen. Now I don't play.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Another bonus to playing MyLeague is that you don't need to have the most recent update installed to play because you can play offline

You don't get VC for the games you play while disconnected and you can't download draft classes, but other than that the game is fully playable offline

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Started a myGM with the Thunder. **** is hard, man. All I accomplished so far is flipping Singler to the Rockets for some dude with 1 year remaining. Might flip Kanter or Adams for Middleton, bring Oladipo off the bench. Gonna be slim up front but idk, having both of them feels like kind of a waste.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If all goes right, Chucky Chambers is looking at his last game with the Wolves if they can sweep the Cavs for the 3rd straight year

Gonna go play with AD and Boogie in New Orleans for the last year of my cheap rookie contract before orchestrating a second sign and trade with the Magic so I can make my true legacy in Orlando

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Gordon is awesome, and the Magic had the 1st OV pick in 2018 and Alfred Flores is great, but I am not about to pay Nikola Vucevic $30M to average 10 ppg, I think I found my summer trade chip

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
So after drubbing the Dubs in the Finals I managed to trade Vucevic for Willie Cauley-Stein and Denzel Valentine, and then flip DV for Al Horford. . .

. . . I'm pretty sure I won the offseason, lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad