NBA 2K17 (multiple platforms)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Honestly I'm not sure if that's possible. I left the Pelicans after my first season and signed with the Knicks and he followed me there. Maybe that's because the Knicks had the cap space for both of us (doubtful). Only way I've heard of escaping Justice is asking for a trade and not requesting he come with you.
Lol it better be possible. I hate this ****er.

Also, I'm so sick of timeouts. The coach is annoying af and it takes too long to get back into the game.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK

Also, I'm so sick of timeouts. The coach is annoying af and it takes too long to get back into the game.

I uh... I uh hope this starts with an f lol.

And I was going to bring up the TOs as well. They happen often, they take forever, and your coach always says the same thing. "Don't forget, you're my Jordan and you're my pippen" how can I forget you tell me every game.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I uh... I uh hope this starts with an f lol.

And I was going to bring up the TOs as well. They happen often, they take forever, and your coach always says the same thing. "Don't forget, you're my Jordan and you're my pippen" how can I forget you tell me every game.
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Way to put the squeeze on em guuuyyyysssss. I don't know why every year this game has to put in so many ways to make me spam the A button.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
My guys gets so many bs turnovers. I'll bobble a bad pass and the other team will get it and it's my turnover. I'll pick off a pass and the other team will somehow get it right back and I'll get a TO even though I never even got a chance to hold the ball. Idk why I play this trash.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
My guys gets so many bs turnovers. I'll bobble a bad pass and the other team will get it and it's my turnover. I'll pick off a pass and the other team will somehow get it right back and I'll get a TO even though I never even got a chance to hold the ball. Idk why I play this trash.

Think that can be improved with improving your guys playmaking and hands. Only way to improve hands is attending the extra workouts and going to practice. Every now and then you get a random +1 boost to hands.

My dude's a playmaking PG so obviously I have a high playmaking rating, but I know that frustration from playing MyGM.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California

The coach follows you wherever you go too. He came with me to the Knicks as well and he still uses the same lines.

You'd think with all the updates 2k does they could find a way to add some new dialogue.

All in all though I do really enjoy this game mode. Much better than 2k16.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I must be a glutton for punishment playing this game. Finished a playoff game (10 minute quarters so it took about 40 minutes) and it's stuck saying my vc earning are being saved to the 2k server. My only option is to quit. It's hard enough enjoying the game when your teammates suck and can't hit a shot or play defense but now when I finish I don't get any reward and have to redo the game. Cool. That's fun.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I feel bad for you guys having such a difficult time with load screens.

The only problems I've encountered with that regard are when my friends and I are trying to load into the same MyPark courts. With respect to singleplayer modes, I haven't had any issues whether it be MyGM or MyCareer.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
You are blessed. I've had my game get stuck on that VC earning stage a couple times too. I've waited it out like 20 minutes but nada.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Interesting. Do you have tons of other content loaded on your PS4? I've only got about 8 or 9 games plus the Netflix, Youtube, and Sunday Ticket apps.
My XB1 got full. I've got ~15 games and had to buy an external.

Clearing my cache helped my loading issues for now.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I suspected a lack of space may be the culprit. But even then, all of 2k's updates aren't doing you any favors either.

The Dunk Contest is so dumb haha. I honestly don't know why they even have it at all if that's the best they were going to do. Plus my guy's dunk rating isn't even that good so I'm not sure how or why I was selected to be in it in the first place.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Just to keep bashing the archetypes, why should it cost my post scoring player more VC to get to 65 or whatever post scoring stats then it does a sharpshooter or glass cleaner? That's my guys specialty so shouldn't it come naturally to him? And athletic finishers take more to get them to mediocre athleticism than playmakers. That doesn't make sense. Your specific stats for that archetype should be cheaper to start and more expensive in the long run.

From 68 post scoring to 74 is 10,157 vc. That is absolute crap. I could get +22 to his 3 pointer for 7,500 vc.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
This Denver Levins story is dumb and makes no sense. His first 10 day expired and he got another one. Then when that one expired, I texted him and told him I'd put in a good word to coach. When coach texted me asking what I wanted to say about Levins, I was just like oh nothing. Nothing on social media, but he's been on the team and in a ton of cutscenes ever since. So stupid.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
This Denver Levins story is dumb and makes no sense. His first 10 day expired and he got another one. Then when that one expired, I texted him and told him I'd put in a good word to coach. When coach texted me asking what I wanted to say about Levins, I was just like oh nothing. Nothing on social media, but he's been on the team and in a ton of cutscenes ever since. So stupid.

The cutscene with the text is so dumb. Why make me tell Denver I'll put in a good word for him and then not actually do it? And yea he ends up sticking with the team anyways so it's all pointless.

Even when you do finally get rid of him he still sticks around though. Constantly hits you up to practice your MyCourt.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
The cutscene with the text is so dumb. Why make me tell Denver I'll put in a good word for him and then not actually do it? And yea he ends up sticking with the team anyways so it's all pointless.

Even when you do finally get rid of him he still sticks around though. Constantly hits you up to practice your MyCourt.
I thought the texting was cool at first but it's so overboard. I don't need my agent texting me before every event, after every hangout, after every good game.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Load times are ridiculous for MyPark. I also hate when everyone is in the right spot ready to play and it just won't set the game up. This is my favourite sports game I own when it works.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Load times are ridiculous for MyPark. I also hate when everyone is in the right spot ready to play and it just won't set the game up. This is my favourite sports game I own when it works.

Totally agree. There are a lot of hurdles to get a game in in MyPark but when it works it's so much fun, especially if you have a buddy or 2 to play with.

Overall I really like this 2k but there is still room for improvement.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Wanted to play a quick game with my cousin yesterday, but our data was out of sync or something. He had to clear his reserved space and re-load (which took a while) before we could finally get in the same locker room. There's just always something with this game.

Can't wait to leave Milwaukee next season. There's too many rebounders for me to get a triple double and everyone but Monroe likes to take it up and playmake. I want to be Westbrook lol

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Any suggestions on teams to go to in FA?

Depends on your position. MyPlayer is a PG so I felt like the Knicks were a good choice.

Think you mentioned you played on the Knicks in 2k16 but I've enjoyed them so far in 2k17. Signed with them after playing rookie year with the Pelicans. Melo and Porzingis are fun to play with. Melo is easy to get assists with because he's a great spot up shooter and running the PnR with Porzingod is too easy.

Another team I considered was the Rockets to form the NBA's best backcourt with Harden and also the T-Wolves to pair up with Towns and Wiggins.

But obviously based on your position you might have better options than those.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad