OT: NBA 2019-2020

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Look at the Knicks headed in the right direction!!! Drafting and developing players, taking chances on young talent, bringing in quality vets, hiring a real head coach. I love what I’m seeing.

If they want stars to come they have to build a team stars want to come to. They’re finally getting it.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Not that it really matters seeing all star game selections are typically a popularity contest but other than Carmelo, when was the last time the Knicks had a player be selected to the all star game because he deserved it like Randle does?

Withought googling it, the only one I remember was maybe Allan Houston back in the early 2000's and I'm not sure he even made it and was selected...lol. Shows how putrid this franchise has been for so long.

Finally some hope...luv it!

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Not that it really matters seeing all star game selections are typically a popularity contest but other than Carmelo, when was the last time the Knicks had a player be selected to the all star game because he deserved it like Randle does?

Withought googling it, the only one I remember was maybe Allan Houston back in the early 2000's and I'm not sure he even made it and was selected...lol. Shows how putrid this franchise has been for so long.

Finally some hope...luv it!

Amare started his first year, he was great, but coach was running him into the ground.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
upload_2021-2-17_21-44-46.gif

Rose and IQ tonight

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
140 points scored by the Knicks the other night in a blowout win vs the Kings. When was last time that happened?

This team plays defense pretty much every night keeping them in games they in the past would have gotten blown out!.

Exciting young players to root for. Actual legitimate hope with a future that looks bright.

A coach who is well respected by the team and all around the league.

The playoffs a very distinct possibility

Not a peep from Dolan all year long.

Pinch me I must be dreaming. What the hell is going on here in Knickland?...lol

Reactions: ponzu4u

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Knicks 1st half bets have cashed like 23 of 33 wins this season. It’s also won like 10 in a row against the spread coming Into tonight.

rose just hit that buzzer beater to keep the streak alive and cash the 1H. So funny

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I have an irrational hatred for Sabonis, and I absolutely love that RJ goes off whenever he plays the Pacers.

Reactions: Maximus

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
17-17, man who would have thought? They might not win every night, but they are pretty fun to watch.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I'm officially "scared" now that the Knicks are not just fun too watch for the 1st time since Linsanity was all the rage around 9 years ago but ummm...how do I say it...ummm.... the Knicks are actually a pretty good basketball team.

There I said it...lol

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Another blowout win for the Knicks tonight.

7-2 in their last 9 games. Over .500 for first time in I dunno....forever at 18-17.

Beating teams that they should be beating now like tonight vs Pistons.

All good shit to see. Who knows if we will make the playoffs but this rebuild has gone damn well.

Who knew it would be the Knicks and not the Rangers as the most exciting inhabitants of MSG...hmmm!

Reactions: East Coast Bias

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Would love for them to get to 20-17 before the break, they have a really tough 4 game trip right out of the break, so banking wins now is really helpful.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Reactions: Baby Duck Homme

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
As long as he can defend non annoying ones he'll be fine. I don't like him fighting though.
Lol. I am getting worse and wise typing out posts on this phone. Meant “anyone”.

No defense? Injury prone? Will fight right in and the Nets still might win the title regardless.

Reactions: darko

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The mancrush I have for IQ has definitely reached uncomfortable proportions...lol

Quickly might be the best Knick draft pick since probably Allan Houston 25 or so years ago which shows how horrid the Knicks drafting has been over the past 20+ years!

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The mancrush I have for IQ has definitely reached uncomfortable proportions...lol

Quickly might be the best Knick draft pick since probably Allan Houston 25 or so years ago which shows how horrid the Knicks drafting has been over the past 20+ years!
Pistons drafted Houston...i agree with you on IQ,hes been a steal for us.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Pistons drafted Houston...i agree with you on IQ,hes been a steal for us.

Yup...my bad you are right...I had forgotten Houston was originally drafted by Detroit.

Well seeing that is the case, I can't recall a better Knick draft pick than, I think I may have to go with David Lee in 2005. Before that it would be Mark Jackson in 1987.

That's just so abysmal that the Knicks over the past 35 or so years have maybe 2-3 really good draft picks. Any wonder why we have stunk so long? My lord...just terrible.

So yes IQ has been unreal but hopefully Toppin doesn't end up busting and gets better...I'm getting nervous about him to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad