OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2021-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I've never heard of the team electing their captain's picks. They're captain's picks. Do they have elections?

According to Geoff Shackelford Stricker cited consultations with the six automatic qualifiers, his vice captains, “analytics teams” and “scouts”, for his captain’s picks.

Simply letting the automatic qualifiers elect the 6 captain’s picks would be an abdication of leadership IMO.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
According to Geoff Shackelford Stricker cited consultations with the six automatic qualifiers, his vice captains, “analytics teams” and “scouts”, for his captain’s picks.

Simply letting the automatic qualifiers elect the 6 captain’s picks would be an abdication of leadership IMO.

Well that's fine and what I was getting at, as opposed to just one guy picking them and telling everyone else to deal with it.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Also, Reed has apparently been "liking" comments critical of Stricker's picks. Starting to wonder if he was "voted off the island", regardless of health issues since he's been playing.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Saw that about Reed. I’m sure he’s mad, but he’s physically weakened and hasn’t played. I’m sure he’ll cool down.

That fire is why he’s so good in Ryder Cup play. Watch this fuel him to a big next PGA season.

We probably get smoked anyway….then Reed will feel better lol.

Comments I saw from Stricker said he lost some sleep over that pick. I think that’s likely got some truth in it.

Reactions: g00n

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Nats suck. Tanking really blows. If the post Ov Caps are going to go this route, I may be taking two or three years off

Reactions: g00n

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Navy with another embarrassing loss this weekend, this time to Air Force marking the first time in 9 years that the home team hasn’t won the game, and to cap it off, they make their OC of 22 years who has ushered them to and through the greatest era in Navy football since Vietnam the scapegoat by firing him unceremoniously after the game. Ivin Jasper deserved better. Ken and Chet (HC and AD) need to go. Navy will be lucky to win 2 or 3 games this year. Dark times in Annapolis.

Sep 19, 2008
Shame. I remember when Navy was actually good. Remember Navy winning all those games against army. Now Army is the better team with the better coach in Monken.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Navy with another embarrassing loss this weekend, this time to Air Force marking the first time in 9 years that the home team hasn’t won the game, and to cap it off, they make their OC of 22 years who has ushered them to and through the greatest era in Navy football since Vietnam the scapegoat by firing him unceremoniously after the game. Ivin Jasper deserved better. Ken and Chet (HC and AD) need to go. Navy will be lucky to win 2 or 3 games this year. Dark times in Annapolis.

36 yards rushing for an option team is pretty hideous.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
36 yards rushing for an option team is pretty hideous.
No doubt but the team hasn't been right in five years, save for the one year when Malcolm Perry was a superhero. I don't know what happened but it's not new and it's not good and firing the guy who has mentored two decades of QBs who traditionally can plug-and-play and run the TO isn't going to help the young guys in the QB room.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No doubt but the team hasn't been right in five years, save for the one year when Malcolm Perry was a superhero. I don't know what happened but it's not new and it's not good and firing the guy who has mentored two decades of QBs who traditionally can plug-and-play and run the TO isn't going to help the young guys in the QB room.

Thats true unless he has been the problem in the room. For all we know he had an f bomb throwing tantrum after the game, calling out the AD or HC in front of the players. Maybe we will find out the details but firing a guy after an early season game in the post game locker room is drastic enough to make me think something happened.

I am guided somewhat by the fact that is a service academy and their rules of operations are strict.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Thats true unless he has been the problem in the room. For all we know he had an f bomb throwing tantrum after the game, calling out the AD or HC in front of the players. Maybe we will find out the details but firing a guy after an early season game in the post game locker room is drastic enough to make me think something happened.

I am guided somewhat by the fact that is a service academy and their rules of operations are strict.
Ivin is a class act all the way so I would be shocked if that's the case. More likely this regime knows it's on the way out and Chet knows he'll be forced into retirement and they're making knee jerk reactions to try and save their own asses.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ivin is a class act all the way so I would be shocked if that's the case. More likely this regime knows it's on the way out and Chet knows he'll be forced into retirement and they're making knee jerk reactions to try and save their own asses.

Except the DoD doesn't go for that kind of behavior. Canned on Tuesday after? Ok. CYA. Ken isnt a class act? He has been a coach at the NA for how long and isnt a class act? There is more to this

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Except the DoD doesn't go for that kind of behavior. Canned on Tuesday after? Ok. CYA. Ken isnt a class act? He has been a coach at the NA for how long and isnt a class act? There is more to this
No, there isn't. Chet is an asshole and should be fired before the end of the day. Ken at his press conference confirmed Chet fired him against his wishes and Ken got Ivin his job back. This is a clown show.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
No, there isn't. Chet is an asshole and should be fired before the end of the day. Ken at his press conference confirmed Chet fired him against his wishes and Ken got Ivin his job back. This is a clown show.

Would you like to slide Ken out from under the bus now? Reading between the lines, I see what I suggested happened only it was the AD and not the OC that flipped out. I can guess that Ken told Chet that he can't do what he did. The Academy doesn't support that behavior and the decision was reversed. I would not be surprised to find the AD resigning in the near future under pressure from administration.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Would you like to slide Ken out from under the bus now? Reading between the lines, I see what I suggested happened only it was the AD and not the OC that flipped out. I can guess that Ken told Chet that he can't do what he did. The Academy doesn't support that behavior and the decision was reversed. I would not be surprised to find the AD resigning in the near future under pressure from administration.
I think you're reading too much into it. The AD fired the OC. Ken asked him to reconsider. Chet knew he f***ed up but wanted to save face so he let him come back but in a diminished capacity. This could and should have been the end result all along if Chet had not acted like a child on Saturday.

I'm not giving Ken a pass because the program has nose dived. I never questioned the kind of person he is but the results speak for themselves and clearly the program is not on stable footing. As I said before, Ken and Chet need to go. Chet needed to be gone yesterday, Ken can play out the string for the rest of the year.

More than anything I feel for the players.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Hurts to see Max dominating for LA. Could win another WS this year

Yea. I am glad he is on the west so I dont have to hear about him. I made my schedule around the starting rotation and dont anymore. It looks like Max is gonna walk after the season. So, who knows where he lands.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think you're reading too much into it. The AD fired the OC. Ken asked him to reconsider. Chet knew he f***ed up but wanted to save face so he let him come back but in a diminished capacity. This could and should have been the end result all along if Chet had not acted like a child on Saturday.

I'm not giving Ken a pass because the program has nose dived. I never questioned the kind of person he is but the results speak for themselves and clearly the program is not on stable footing. As I said before, Ken and Chet need to go. Chet needed to be gone yesterday, Ken can play out the string for the rest of the year.

More than anything I feel for the players.

This Navy team is enough to kill off my last interest in college football. The last several years I watched Navy Notre Dame and Army Navy. Thats about it. I can imagine not even watching those this season.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
This Navy team is enough to kill off my last interest in college football. The last several years I watched Navy Notre Dame and Army Navy. Thats about it. I can imagine not even watching those this season.
Wouldn’t blame you. They played in a bowl game every year sans one from 2003-2015 and won the CIC trophy 10 times during that span. They showed up almost every week and shredded opposing defenses on the ground. They knocked off top 25 teams on a semi regular basis and consistently flirted with top 25 rankings themselves.

Since then it’s been a downhill slide and it keeps getting uglier. I only watched a quarter of the game on Saturday and spent the rest of it tailgating in the parking lot. They are bad and now what’s worse, bad and an organizational mess. Saturdays look like they’ll be free for me this year.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Wouldn’t blame you. They played in a bowl game every year sans one from 2003-2015 and won the CIC trophy 10 times during that span. They showed up almost every week and shredded opposing defenses on the ground. They knocked off top 25 teams on a semi regular basis and consistently flirted with top 25 rankings themselves.

Since then it’s been a downhill slide and it keeps getting uglier. I only watched a quarter of the game on Saturday and spent the rest of it tailgating in the parking lot. They are bad and now what’s worse, bad and an organizational mess. Saturdays look like they’ll be free for me this year.

Living in NC I only get the occasional Navy game. I stumbled over that game last season....Tulane? When they were behind 3 or 4 touchdowns in the first quarter or something. I saw that and kept going but they came back and won. But there wasnt much else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland