OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2021-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
For every example of guys who got hurt at the exact wrong time and it cost them tons of money in future earnings (Iasiah Thomas, Derrick Rose, etc) there will be John Wall as the total opposite case. Dude could not have times his deal any better.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
For every example of guys who got hurt at the exact wrong time and it cost them tons of money in future earnings (Iasiah Thomas, Derrick Rose, etc) there will be John Wall as the total opposite case. Dude could not have times his deal any better.

One of the lucky ones for sure….

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
2 years, -91.5 mil due still to Wall…….enjoy!

The game I saw or two last season he is still a decent player naturally no where near the expectation he had getting drafted #1 and the injuries but yeah NBA players man they get paid and then there are the last two or three years where holy hell they are over paid.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The game I saw or two last season he is still a decent player naturally no where near the expectation he had getting drafted #1 and the injuries but yeah NBA players man they get paid and then there are the last two or three years where holy hell they are over paid.

decent yes agree, even good when I saw him a few times, but for a guy who’s game was all based on speed, he’s a shell of his former self.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
decent yes agree, even good when I saw him a few times, but for a guy who’s game was all based on speed, he’s a shell of his former self.

Its weird how time flies I vividly remember following Wall in college even before the Wiz won the #1 pick. I think overall I don't think he reached the potential everyone thought he had. Part of it is health part not able to develop a semi reliable shot. I guess regarding Beal excelling the ceiling I thought he would have is the balance but if anything

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Didn’t realize Koepka was the only guy who didn’t show up to practice. I might sit him day one if I’m Stricker. At a minimum session 1.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What's next on the "Lamar can't do" list?
Win in the playoffs? Honestly he is now like Ovi was pre-2018, no one is going to care what he does in the regular season anymore. Everything positive he does will be have the caveat, “Yeah, but come January…” until the Ravens change the narrative.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Win in the playoffs? Honestly he is now like Ovi was pre-2018, no one is going to care what he does in the regular season anymore. Everything positive he does will be have the caveat, “Yeah, but come January…” until the Ravens change the narrative.

The Ravens have a monkey too

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I think this is generally correct. The expectation increases as milestones are checked off. That's natural. Going deep in the playoffs is the next frontier. Mahomes and Brady were exceptions with their early SB wins, not the rule.

It should be noted this standard only gets applied to GOOD players and leaders. Not crappy ones. Nobody cares if Ryan Leaf never wins the big one.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Mahomes and Brady were 24 (the age lamar is now) when they won a superbowl. The youngest superbowl winner was 23 when he won, and he sucked ass and got carried to his superbowl victory. "Omg when you going to win a superbowl?" is a ridiculous question when you are 1 year older than the youngest winner.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mahomes and Brady were 24 (the age lamar is now) when they won a superbowl. The youngest superbowl winner was 23 when he won, and he sucked ass and got carried to his superbowl victory. "Omg when you going to win a superbowl?" is a ridiculous question when you are 1 year older than the youngest winner.

I was talking about years in the league not age, fwiw. Winning a SB in yr1 or yr2 is pretty rare for a QB.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Also nothing you do in the regular season matters crowd, I dunno take away ovechkins 3 mvps and his career is a bit different.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Also nothing you do in the regular season matters crowd, I dunno take away ovechkins 3 mvps and his career is a bit different.

Maybe he would have 3 Cups now after being disrespected so often by not winning those 3 MVPs? Are we playing what if?

All you can do now is wait for the Super Bowl opportunity to come if you’re a LJ fan. Nothing else really to fall back on after you dominate the regular season a few years….

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
There so few QBs you can put on any team and they can will you victory. Lamar is one of them and its all you can ask from him.

Going to have a decade plus of great qb play to fall back on. going to be rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad