OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Adams was whatever. They signed him as an afterthought when no one wanted him late in the off season.

Murphy...he’s a great hitter, and a heart and soul type. I can’t believe one of the other contenders (Hi, Houston? Hello, Oakland? Nice to see you, Cleveland? Here’s looking at you, Boston? In a New York minute?) couldn’t top that crap.

Poor asset use. Murphy should’ve been on everyone’s “want” list. Especially in the AL who’re he can DH. Tsk tsk tsk

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Adams was whatever. They signed him as an afterthought when no one wanted him late in the off season.

Murphy...he’s a great hitter, and a heart and soul type. I can’t believe one of the other contenders (Hi, Houston? Hello, Oakland? Nice to see you, Cleveland? Here’s looking at you, Boston? In a New York minute?) couldn’t top that crap.

Poor asset use. Murphy should’ve been on everyone’s “want” list. Especially in the AL who’re he can DH. Tsk tsk tsk
I think the waiver process limited the teams who could offer

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Nats management bet on a miracle run 3 weeks ago. Opposite of what you're supposed to do really. Always play the odds. They were just under .500 then and have continued at around the same rate..if you think it's over now, you should have seen it's over in late July.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I think the waiver process limited the teams who could offer

From what I read all teams had a shot, I think. The waiver process is in reverse order and by league. So it starts in the National League and it goes from best record to worst then the American League gets a shot after the National League and it also goes from best record to worst. And I think National League gets first shot because Murphy and Adams are National League players. Not 100% on that either.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
From what I read all teams had a shot, I think. The waiver process is in reverse order and by league. So it starts in the National League and it goes from best record to worst then the American League gets a shot after the National League and it also goes from best record to worst. And I think National League gets first shot because Murphy and Adams are National League players. Not 100% on that either.

Close, I think. It goes in reverse order of standings. Worst to first, for claims.

If a team claims a player, then you can either pull him back, or work a deal with that team. You can only work a deal with ANY team if the player does not get claimed. You can also just let a player go for nothing, if you so choose (basically save money by not paying their salary rest of the year)

Reactions: third man in

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Either way to not even get a teams top 30 prospect for Murphy... What's the point other to save the owner some pennies. What a shame, I won't be giving the learners my money anytime soon.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
The end of an era.

As frustrating as he was Gio came to play every year. I appreciate the effort he gave. I’ll miss him.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Nats have traded Gonzalez, Madsen, Murphy, Adams and Kintzler for a bag of baseballs. Man, the haul if they had done that at the deadline. Rizzo has not been a deadline dandy. The silver lining is McLellan was the same way until this year. Lots of flops and half-measures until he hit a home run with Kempny. On the other hand if Harper walks this is probably one the worst asset management seasons in baseball history. GMBM never had one this bad. Yikes...

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Terps just took their opening drive for a TD. 67 yards in 6 plays. Considering the turmoil surrounding the program all summer to do that against #23 Texas was impressive regardless of the final outcome of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad