Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
C-A-P-S Caps! Caps! Caps!

Just sayin'

(consider this also posted in the Skins thread)

Lol, was just thinking the same. The Nats are imploding, the Wizards are pinning their hopes on Dwight f***ing Howard, and the Redskins, well.... not a huge track record of bringing happiness to us fans under Dan Snyder's reign of terror.

But I'll just look at my avatar and watch Kuznetsov's goal in G6 against Pittsburgh again and all will feel right in the world again.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Lol, was just thinking the same. The Nats are imploding, the Wizards are pinning their hopes on Dwight ****ing Howard, and the Redskins, well.... not a huge track record of bringing happiness to us fans under Dan Snyder's reign of terror.

But I'll just look at my avatar and watch Kuznetsov's goal in G6 against Pittsburgh again and all will feel right in the world again.

Yeah.....so much for the theory that one franchises championship glow can rub off on the other franchises. LOL

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Been burned way to many times to be confident but the Skins roster, on paper, heading into this season is decent to good. Need to at least wait till after the 3rd preseason game to write them off. ;)

And the Chevy Truck banner ad is annoying as ****.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Lol, was just thinking the same. The Nats are imploding, the Wizards are pinning their hopes on Dwight ****ing Howard, and the Redskins, well.... not a huge track record of bringing happiness to us fans under Dan Snyder's reign of terror.

It’s a bit like the Miracle on Ice how victory over shitsburgh almost eclipses the Cup winning game emotionally speaking...

Yeah.....so much for the theory that one franchises championship glow can rub off on the other franchises. LOL

But but... a Nats championship will be 10x better!!! :eyeroll:

Been burned way to many times to be confident but the Skins roster, on paper, heading into this season is decent to good. Need to at least wait till after the 3rd preseason game to write them off. ;)

At the risk of threadjacking... they all seem to be made of glass.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I want the Nats to trade Harper to the Yankees. He's going there anyways at least get some of their good prospects

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
The fact that every one knows that Harper is leaving via FA at the end of the season is more the reason we should trade him. Milk the highest bidder even if it's the Cubs

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Sorry guys, I'm only kind of a casual Nats fan, in that I will root for them and watch them every now and then, but from here Bryce Harper seems like kind of a dick. Like, a bro version of Barry Bonds. Trade his ass while you can. And Stras, who is made of wet pasta.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Sorry guys, I'm only kind of a casual Nats fan, in that I will root for them and watch them every now and then, but from here Bryce Harper seems like kind of a dick. Like, a bro version of Barry Bonds. Trade his ass while you can. And Stras, who is made of wet pasta.

I'm not a baseball fan at all, but screw him for dissing the Caps so much about their Cup win. He can go back to Vegas and be a salty Knights fan.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

I’ve had to taper my 980 listening. I can’t take any more of the over the top “be positive about this year” talk

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Wayne Rooney wore the Captain's armband and scored his 1st career goal in a 2-1 United win at home over the Rapids last night. On a related note, I have paid more attention to DCU in the past three weeks than I have in 10 years.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I’ve had to taper my 980 listening. I can’t take any more of the over the top “be positive about this year” talk
It is excessive especially about Guise on twitter. Kid looks good in T-shirt and shorts but let’s see him in full pads in a preseason game at least before proclaiming he fell in the draft for no reason.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Nats are terrible it would be a crime if they didn't sell. Losing a series to the Marlins just shows they are not a playoff team.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Nats are terrible it would be a crime if they didn't sell. Losing a series to the Marlins just shows they are not a playoff team.

Yeah the eye test they don't have it this year. I'd really sell off as next year plus even if Harper goes elsewhere I believe they'll have a good team pending some free agent acquisitions (pitchers).

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Do the Wizards even attempt to sign LeBron or trade for Leonard? Just curious if they even put feelers out there or make a pitch for major players or if they just know that no one of that caliber would even consider playing for them.

I mean, it’s a team that could realistically have two of Durant/LeBron/Leonard if it was a destination type org. Just saying/wondering...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Do the Wizards even attempt to sign LeBron or trade for Leonard? Just curious if they even put feelers out there or make a pitch for major players or if they just know that no one of that caliber would even consider playing for them.

I mean, it’s a team that could realistically have two of Durant/LeBron/Leonard if it was a destination type org. Just saying/wondering...

If I had to guess, they inquired. Sad truth is they need to develop a star other free agent stars want to play with. Our two stars don’t even like playing together.

LA was always the choice for The King IMO. Time to take his brand to the next level in LA as his career winds down. Maybe Leonsis will sell him the Wizards some day.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
If I had to guess, they inquired. Sad truth is they need to develop a star other free agent stars want to play with. Our two stars don’t even like playing together.

LA was always the choice for The King IMO. Time to take his brand to the next level in LA as his career winds down. Maybe Leonsis will sell him the Wizards some day.

Agreed. I've read enough now, that points to him wanting the city and all that comes with it, more than anything else. Sure, the Lakers are part of it....but he wanted Los Angeles. Not really the Lakers. They are just his vehicle.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad