OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't know when Wall become such a diva but it sucks. Used to absolutely love watching that guy play. He was tenacious and fearless. Now he's just a whiny butthole.

I imagine it was always there and probably fueled by his early stardom.

How long was he at Kentucky? (google) Yup, thought so. One year. Typical for Kentucky pass-through prospects who jump immediately to the NBA. All Calipari can do there is try to get them to work together, and they're ALL divas when they arrive.

How else do you explain an "elite" talent that can't shoot? He's never had to at the HS or College level. His competition has always been a step below, so he's been able to penetrate and either dish or dunk/lay-up. No need to grind away in the gym on shooting drills when you can do that. Unless someone says "don't be a diva, do the work".

So Wall never had that diva coached out of him. We just didn't see it due to limited exposure and a honeymoon period of low expectations.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know when Wall become such a diva but it sucks. Used to absolutely love watching that guy play. He was tenacious and fearless. Now he's just a whiny butthole.

Me too. I thought we finally had a humble legit superstar, but he’s gone rotten fast.

I blame Ernie for not dealing with it.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Don't watch NBA very much anymore. Did watch a game last week and saw John Wall play 'defense'. And by 'defense' he runs around waiving his hands and the guy just walks right by him. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Well, the Wizards certainly look dead. 2-8 in their L10 and it appears there will be no furious rally to save the season and that the peak of the Wall / Beal era is firmly in the rear view. Wall also might have a serious long term injury and is seeing a surgeon shortly about his heel. Best they can do this year is tank, fire Ernie, and go into next season having made some serious changes to the roster and organizational structure.

I hated the Troy Brown pick when it happened and it looked even worse last night. The Wiz were without four opening night starters last night and at one point played four players on the court together who weren't even on the team on December 1 – Trevor Ariza, Sam Dekker, Ron Baker, and Chasson Randle – and yet Brown was still stapled to the bench. Maybe he turns into something useful but for a team that lacks for depth, talent, and cap space having used their 1st rounder on someone like Brown was just dumb.

Fire Ernie before he does something atrocious like trade a potential lottery pick for cap relief and a mediocre veteran that won't help fix them. Fire him now.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
And there they go, stuck with him and mediocrity.

Wall I’m sure is MORE than happy to go under the knife to insure he stays put.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
The absolute best thing that could happen for Wizards is to lose a ton this year and fire Ernie. That would give the incoming GM a lot of options moving forward.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Make note that they met for 5 hours with Ted Lerner not Mark Lerner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad