OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Why???

Ariza is utterly pointless unless you're dumping Mahinmi.

Oubre is still cheap next season, and more valuable than 2nd round picks you're not gonna use anyway. Getting rid of his contract is completely unnecessary.

Just trade Wall and Porter already.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Why???

Ariza is utterly pointless unless you're dumping Mahinmi.

Oubre is still cheap next season, and more valuable than 2nd round picks you're not gonna use anyway. Getting rid of his contract is completely unnecessary.

Just trade Wall and Porter already.
Trade Wall to whom? Who will take on that contract? Porter yeah.

Grundfeld is literally Bruce Allen lite, just not quite as unlikeable.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
fA19o1E.gif

If you read "NBA General Manager mixes up player names in 3 team trade" you would immediately know who it was.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sources: Wiz, Suns working on new Ariza trade

This is why....

In anticipation of a trade Friday night, Ariza, 33, had been given permission to travel back to his Los Angeles home and prepare for his trip to join the Wizards, sources said. Washington was eager to reacquire Ariza, who had a tremendous impact on the team's locker room in his previous stop there. He was considered a good influence on All-Star guard John Wall.

Trying to find a way to get Wall in line because they’re probably stuck with him....fire Ernie!

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'm rapidly souring on Wall. His game has aged poorly and his contract is about to be brutal. I can't stand watching him flap his arms up and down after every drive looking for a call. It's enraging watching him go iso and take contested jump shots we all know he's going to miss 15 times a game. The Wizards are a mess with no end to this nonsense in sight, and it starts with their GM and their PG.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
This is the stupidest shit I’ve ever heard, it’s like the stuff you heard about before fax machines existed let alone the internet, it’s like if this happened in a fantasy league on a 3 team deal and someone was like oh I’m giving up Melvin Gordon I thought I was trading Josh Gordon it would be obvious fantasy football was too complicated for that person

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Ted is a bigger f***ing idiot than Grungus on this. How do you let this guy keep making trades? He’s obviously incompetent...

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Totally a CYA trade for Ernie, unless there are significant futures involved. Ariza makes them marginally better, so in the garbage East, they may be able to nab the 8th seed.

Instead of doing what they should have done in shipping Wall and Porter out for high futures, setting up their roster for future flexibility and a high pick in a very good draft, he makes sure the roster is handcuffed in luxury tax hell while sitting no better than a low playoff seed.

Maybe this is just step one, and he's leveraging LA's apparent interest in both Ariza and Wall to get a better package, but I don't think Ernie can envision more than one mediocre move at a time.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The more I think about this trade the angrier I get. Given age, contract, performance, and upside, Oubre was likely their best trade chip outside of Beal. To flip Oubre for 40 f***ing games of Trevor Ariza where the absolute best case scenario is a 1st or 2nd round exit and to not receive a single draft pick to help retool this shit roster is inexcusable. f*** Ernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad