OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Read somewhere else it was between two punters. Can't find the tweet again. One Punter is from Australia, and pro Durkin, punched a freshman punter significantly in the face, kid needed stitches, because the freshman punter was thought to be one of the players that spoke anonymously to the WaPost.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This Baltimore Sun article has some more details on the player fight Tuesday:

Altercation between Maryland football players breaks out at practice in wake of Durkin drama

The guy punched in the face is a punter but is 21 years old so not a freshman. Anyway, the fight took place during practice Tuesday while Durkin was observing practice. Might have played a role in Durkin ultimately being fired.

Apparently what I posted yesterday is not actually what happened.

Maryland players call rumored whistleblower’s account of beating at hands of Terps teammates ‘a lie’

Even the one guy who is rumored to be one of the players that walked out on Durkin, who's tweet after Durkin was reinstated can be found in post #306, called the punter who got his *** beat a liar in regards to his description on how the fight went down. The fight apparently didn't have anything to do with Durkin. It was just a player who wasn't very popular with his teammates running his mouth to the wrong person. A punter from Australia.

Anyway, Terps Football is a hot mess right now.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Interesting article on who should be the next Terps HC.

Definitely conflicted on this. As a Navy fan and season ticket holder I would not be happy to see Coach Ken leave. But I agree with the author's opinion that Coach Ken could bring stability and integrity back to UMD football. It will never happen though.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Interesting article on who should be the next Terps HC.

Definitely conflicted on this. As a Navy fan and season ticket holder I would not be happy to see Coach Ken leave. But I agree with the author's opinion that Coach Ken could bring stability and integrity back to UMD football. It will never happen though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Ken leaves Navy this year, and I'd be ok with it. He's flirted a couple times with leaving in the past few years and I think it's affecting the program. If he loses to Army this year - which seems likely - he'll be 1-5 vs Air Force and Army the past three years and that's not going to cut it. Ivan Jasper has been waiting for his shot and it seems that the program likely needs new leadership.

Of course, Maryland fans may huff and puff over Coach Ken going to Maryland and think the Triple Option is beneath them just as Arizona and BYU fans did, so it might not be an 'option' to begin with.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised if Coach Ken leaves Navy this year, and I'd be ok with it. He's flirted a couple times with leaving in the past few years and I think it's affecting the program. If he loses to Army this year - which seems likely - he'll be 1-5 vs Air Force and Army the past three years and that's not going to cut it. Ivan Jasper has been waiting for his shot and it seems that the program likely needs new leadership.

Of course, Maryland fans may huff and puff over Coach Ken going to Maryland and think the Triple Option is beneath them just as Arizona and BYU fans did, so it might not be an 'option' to begin with.

If Coach Ken does leave he can take Jasper with him. I'd rather see someone replace Coach Ken from outside of the program who comes from Paul Johnson's coaching tree. Someone like the OC for Army Brent Davis. Got his start with Paul Johnson, has been an OC at Georgia Southern and Army and should know how to coach/recruit at a military academy. Or a wild card could be Craig Candeto. Currently Paul Johnsons's right hand man down at GT. He ran Johnson's offense, he coaches Johnson's offense and he knows the Academy as good as anyone.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If Coach Ken does leave he can take Jasper with him. I'd rather see someone replace Coach Ken from outside of the program who comes from Paul Johnson's coaching tree. Someone like the OC for Army Brent Davis. Got his start with Paul Johnson, has been an OC at Georgia Southern and Army and should know how to coach/recruit at a military academy. Or a wild card could be Craig Candeto. Currently Paul Johnsons's right hand man down at GT. He ran Johnson's offense, he coaches Johnson's offense and he knows the Academy as good as anyone.

I doubt Jasper would go with KN unless he's told he won't be HC. Candeto would be interesting, though I imagine they'll want someone with prior head coaching experience.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I doubt Jasper would go with KN unless he's told he won't be HC. Candeto would be interesting, though I imagine they'll want someone with prior head coaching experience.

Candeto was a HC at the D3 level for three years. It was D3 but he has some HC experience. As for Jasper, if Navy could stand fresh eyes at HC, and I dont' necessarily agree with that, then the fresh eyes should come from someone not currently on the Navy staff. The offense, led by Jasper, has been the issue the last two years.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is it wrong that I enjoyed watching the ESPN crew shit all over Wall and Beal?

“Those LEADERS have a combined 10 turnovers for 20 something points against”

Calling out Wall jogging up the court when on D.

BLOW
IT
UP

Trade Wall!

Sep 19, 2008
People thought the Redskins and their front office were bad look at the other team playing in the Capital One arena :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad