World Cup: National Team threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
At least Denmark's back 4 work well, not a single goal conceded in the games against Panama, Chile, Sweden and Mexico.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really hope France don't realize that Dembele & Tolisso need to start over Giroud & Matuidi if they want to be a real contender...if not Fekir/Lemar ahead of Pogba as well...

Reactions: ecemleafs

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Should just name me coach of France. What did I say? Bring Giroud out, Dembele in. Take out Matuidi, bring in Tolisso, although they worked slightly different than what I suggested. France played much better when Mbappe was playing as the CF, and Dembele was creating attacking chances from the wing.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
1610 Bundesliga minutes, 2 goals. Only of of which came from the run of play. How is he not one of the main reasons they went down?
I’d say it’s more of their lack of service. The team doesn’t fit Bobby. Also saying one player is the reason they went down is wrong 100% of the time. I don’t give a shit who that player is. If that player is so bad bench him. If you don’t then it’s the coach’s fault. If that team can’t win despite one player it’s quite obvious there’s other reasons.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Watching some of the Mexican "talking heads" shows after their loss as they seem most concerned of the defense, despite the fact they aren't scoring many goals. In the recent friendly matches I watched, other than the Scotland game they struggled to even create chances let alone scored (failed to score against Wales, Croatia and now Denmark)

Typical US performance, solid goalkeeper, good heart in the defense but can't keep simple possession to save their lives. Tim Parker will probably get a lot of praise from the US press, he defended well and read the game well but he has two stone feet

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’d say it’s more of their lack of service. The team doesn’t fit Bobby. Also saying one player is the reason they went down is wrong 100% of the time. I don’t give a **** who that player is. If that player is so bad bench him. If you don’t then it’s the coach’s fault. If that team can’t win despite one player it’s quite obvious there’s other reasons.

Eh, Bobby's a 2nd leaguer...even though HSV was a crappy team around him.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So, Germany get outscored by Saudi Arabia. France tie the US. And Spain scrap by Tunisia... yet I'm told some teams don't have issues? Lol

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Watching some of the Mexican "talking heads" shows after their loss as they seem most concerned of the defense, despite the fact they aren't scoring many goals. In the recent friendly matches I watched, other than the Scotland game they struggled to even create chances let alone scored (failed to score against Wales, Croatia and now Denmark)

Typical US performance, solid goalkeeper, good heart in the defense but can't keep simple possession to save their lives. Tim Parker will probably get a lot of praise from the US press, he defended well and read the game well but he has two stone feet
Group F is a trainwreck outside of Germany

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So, Germany get outscored by Saudi Arabia. France tie the US. And Spain scrap by Tunisia... yet I'm told some teams don't have issues? Lol

2by18u.jpg

Reactions: John Pedro

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't claim "friendlies". It's a good thing France lost, outside the Lloris mistake because goalies need confidence and I'm pretty sure Lloris' is at an alltime low.
This game reminds DD that Giroud and Mbappe don't work together. That Mbappe and Griez work perfectly together. That Tolisso brings more than Matuidi. That Sidibe can have defensive lapses while Pavard can provide assists (again). That Mendy isn't ready yet while Lucas is in full health.

There's no doubt to me that France should start yesterday's team except for Giroud and Matuidi (replaced by Dembele and Lemar against regrouped teams like the US or Dembele and Tolisso against better teams), and maybe also that the fullbacks are coming off injuries, both of them and that their backups are red hot.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
If mueller scored a hat trick you'd be citing it as evidence of his WC ability. Claiming that he's clearly has a WC gear.

We'll see I guess.

Two players didn't suck on friday. Khedira (as usual) and Reus. That was good.
What team was good pre-tournament btw? I mean the favourites. I don't like how Germanyplayed the last weeks, but I'm not worred. They'll win the group. After that everything can happen.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
If there is no solution for Gündogan/Özil the Team can have a problem in Russia. You saw the discomfiture after the Gündogan booing. Because there was no reaction of Özil and just little of Gündogan the theme doesnt get quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad