Nathan MacKinnon (2013 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LateNightOilerFan

Oct 18, 2008
Nova Scotia
Good to hear he's doing well. He's the same age as my son who has played against him in summer leagues.

Watched him playing Atom & Peewee AAA back then and what an amazing player. At one point he was being flown to/from Toronto (I think) on weekends to also play with a team there. It would be nice if the Mooseheads could draft him.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
do you mean me that it is hard to tell if im telling truth or just hyping?

Yes. I'm interested in Nova Scotia prospects and when someone seemingly makes it his mission to hype a guy it makes it hard to tell how legitimate the praise is. He does seem to be a very good player though.

sickest flow bro

Jun 3, 2008
Halifax
Here's to hoping Halifax goes on a 20 game losing streak...

Man this kid with Ciampini, Frk, Andrews, Ashley, Ryan, Terenzio etc.. for a couple years will be scary!

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Is he better than MacFarland was at 15? I assume his is but if hes on par with him at 15 thats a recent example of how kids can dominate their age group and step into the CHL and not perform well.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Is he better than MacFarland was at 15? I assume his is but if hes on par with him at 15 thats a recent example of how kids can dominate their age group and step into the CHL and not perform well.

Hes dominating an age group above his...not just his own.

When a 15 year old kid is dominating against 16 year olds, most of which have already played and are having great seasons in the CHL, than you know you have something special on your hands.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I'd be interested on your take on him, I've heard a little about his play, but I'm interested in hearing more before I see him play in the U-16s.

I am surprised a bit there is no Alex Forsberg playing for Team West as an underage. He was the #1 overall WHL Bantam pick last year. I guess we will see Forsberg and Mackinnon at the Canada Winter Games in Feb.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I am surprised a bit there is no Alex Forsberg playing for Team West as an underage. He was the #1 overall WHL Bantam pick last year. I guess we will see Forsberg and Mackinnon at the Canada Winter Games in Feb.

Forsberg has been hurt for a large chunk of this year.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Yes. I'm interested in Nova Scotia prospects and when someone seemingly makes it his mission to hype a guy it makes it hard to tell how legitimate the praise is. He does seem to be a very good player though.

I am a Q scout so I don't have baised on indivdual players, I don't just hype a guy because I think he is ok but I want to get his name out there, if I do it I do it because I feel he is worthy of being hyped...

turchi

Sep 14, 2010
Anyone who has followed the 1995 born players in the Atlantic Provinces has long known about Nathan Mackinnon. For years, he has been the most dominate player of that group, so much so that he has played spring hockey with the 1994 group. The spring hockey coaches would not have had Nathan on their team if he didn't deserve to be there. Kudos to Nathan for his strong performance at the U17 tournament. Many of us are not surprised.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
He played on my brothers bantam AAA team as an underager and led the team in scoring and to winning the Atlantics. He was the smallest player on the team by far, I can only imagine how good he's gotten since then with a growth spurt.

Looking forward to seeing him destroy the Q.

mhiggins27

Nov 23, 2009
Halifax, NS
www.twitter.com
I'm friends with Nathan's sister, Sarah. I don't know him personally, but I've seen him play a lot, especially during his Bantam years with the Cole Harbour Red Wings, and this kid has a TON of skill. When they say he's the next Sidney Crosby, they mean it. He's going to be a dominate force in the NHL in a few years time, and he will be up there with Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, etc.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Can't wait to see this kid continue to grow as a player.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Here's to hoping Halifax goes on a 20 game losing streak...

Man this kid with Ciampini, Frk, Andrews, Ashley, Ryan, Terenzio etc.. for a couple years will be scary!

speaking of andrew ryan, he seems to be having a good tournament, what does everyone think of him?

sb24

Jan 8, 2010
Navajo country
I'm friends with Nathan's sister, Sarah. I don't know him personally, but I've seen him play a lot, especially during his Bantam years with the Cole Harbour Red Wings, and this kid has a TON of skill. When they say he's the next Sidney Crosby, they mean it. He's going to be a dominate force in the NHL in a few years time, and he will be up there with Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, etc.

His numbers at SSM don't back up this claim to be the next Crosby.
Taylor Cammarata looks to be out performing him consistently.
Great player but my guess is never lives up to this crazy talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad