Nathan MacKinnon (2013 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
For those that truly beleive that he is the next Crosby, you really need to get your heads out of you butts, and stop feasting on the hype!

His skating and strength are nowhere nears Sid. His puck skills and creativity are at least a notch below as well.

What?

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
For those that truly beleive that he is the next Crosby, you really need to get your heads out of you butts, and stop feasting on the hype!

His skating and strength are nowhere nears Sid. His puck skills and creativity are at least a notch below as well.

People really don't get it. Anybody who knows what they are talking about ARE NOT comparing Mackinnon to Crosby.

NEWSFLASH: WE ALL KNOW NATHAN WILL NOT BE AS GOOD AS SID, different type of player.

Nathan is from Cole Harbour and is a potential number 1 draft pick in the NHL. The end, he doesn't have to be as good as Sidney (Who has been?)

SensFan26

Oct 27, 2009
Sturgeon County, AB

I don't think anyone is actually thinking that he plays a similar game to Crosby, just comparing him to Crosby because they have followed similar paths and are both from Cole Harbour.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

Yes, it's not as strong as Sid's.

People really don't get it. Anybody who knows what they are talking about ARE NOT comparing Mackinnon to Crosby.

NEWSFLASH: WE ALL KNOW NATHAN WILL NOT BE AS GOOD AS SID, different type of player.

Nathan is from Cole Harbour and is a potential number 1 draft pick in the NHL. The end, he doesn't have to be as good as Sidney (Who has been?)

Well there you go, a lot of people don't know what they are talking about.

I agree though that he is a potential #1 pick, but the Crosby stuff really has to stop around here. It's getting out of hand....

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver

Meh, nobody thinks he's the next Crosby, clearly isn't as good, and clearly does not play the same type of game. Still an absolutely top notch prospect, though. It's the same thing as saying "Kane/Hall/Stamkos/Tavares/Duchene/RNH/whoever isn't the next Crosby!" Well, no **** Sherlock, they're still exciting young players though.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don't think anyone is actually thinking that he plays a similar game to Crosby, just comparing him to Crosby because they have followed similar paths and are both from Cole Harbour.

I never said they play the same style becasue they certainly don't. Some posters think he is going to have a similar type of impact in the NHL that Crosby has.

It's not going to happen...

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Well there you go, a lot of people don't know what they are talking about.

I agree though that he is a potential #1 pick, but the Crosby stuff really has to stop around here. It's getting out of hand....
What Crosby stuff? Nobody is seriously comparing his game to Crosby's, or saying that he'll be as good as Crosby, the only reason they ever get mentioned together is because of the connections to Cole Harbour and the fact that they both went to SSM.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I never said they play the same style becasue they certainly don't. Some posters think he is going to have a similar type of impact in the NHL that Crosby has.

What posters think that? At most you have the odd person saying something like "he could become the best prospect since Crosby," which is very different from anyone saying that he'll actually become as good as Crosby.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008

Definitely he won't have an impact as Sid but he's going to be a very good NHL player if he lives up to his potential. Sid's a generational player, those are rare. But he belongs in the same category if not higher then the top picks since 2008. I believe he can have an impact on the Stamkos level, but that's just me.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
The funny thing is, I've actually never seen anyone say he is as good as crosby was at 16, or that he projects to be as good. People seem to think he has been compared to crosby but the only real comparison that's been made is their paths and hometown. He is often regarded as a stamkos or E. Staal level prospect, not a crosby level prospect.

SensFan26

Oct 27, 2009
Sturgeon County, AB
I think a good comparison is a bigger, more physical Jason Spezza. Both have explosive speed, great playmaking and have great shots but doesn't use it as much as they should.

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
I think a good comparison is a bigger, more physical Jason Spezza. Both have explosive speed, great playmaking and have great shots but doesn't use it as much as they should.

I would say spezza is more of a natural playmaker than mackinnon is though, not to mention spezza is 6'3 215 and mackinnon is 5'11 179 so mackinnon isnt exactly bigger

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
The first thing I noticed is his skating. His first 3 steps are the best I have seen out of a 16 year old in my life. His top speed is also impressive. He is able to make plays at top speed. You don't see too many centers with the speed, grit and skill that MacKinnon posses. If I had to liken him to anyone it maybe Forsberg but even then he is his own player.

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think he'll be in tough to go first overall, not even sure if he's even the best 95 in Canada.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Really like these two kids Curtis Lazar and Morgan Klimchuk really solid prospects I feel will push him for that spot.
You said you weren't even sure he is the best 95 in Canada. I would assume you meant now.

19 games 30 points
19 games 14 points
17 games 12 points

I know points aren't everything and I don't scout WHL prospects but do you really believe they are close to MacKinnon at the moment. This sounds like the same stuff I heard about Brule vs Crosby as 16 year olds.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Looked a lot like Tyler Seguin to me.

A suped up Tyler Seguin...which is scary to think about considering Seguin is already on pace for a point per game in his second year, I said it once and i'll say it again, kid's a beast, cheering him on and hoping he sneaks into the WJC team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad