Player Discussion Nathan Beaulieu Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Sorry, I missed the game. Could you please tell me what Beaulieu has done. Thanks.

Multiple bad giveways, couldn't keep up with the play and handling the puck like a grenade.

He had a couple decent shifts besides that he was the worst Hab tonight with Pateryn as a close 2nd.

Glad we were able to get the 2 points and really like our offensive depth this year.

Last edited:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Sorry, I missed the game. Could you please tell me what Beaulieu has done. Thanks.
He's playing on the first pairing with Weber and the Bruins first line did nothing. Aside from that he had a pretty quiet game.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I dislike his subban flip the puck. It slows our offense. This isn't Hale marry football.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
he has empty net, his team up by 2, goes for the free goal to put the bruins away for good. The play goes the other way, and everyone here yells hes not a top pairing Dman lmao. But when Weber makes a mistake and NB covers for him, not one word. lol
One mistake = NB has no hockey IQ lololol

Good thing you guys dont manage this team.

Beaulieu has been tremendous thus far the Habs vs top lines and no one recognizes that. What more do u want from him?? Do u want him to go inhumane and make zero mistakes??

He made alot of mistakes and has done so since game 1. He is a 3rd pairing dman playing on the top pairing. Beaulieu lacks hockey sense and I really don't see him improving much. I would package him with Scherbak and maybe more to get Lindholm or Fowler in a heartbeat.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He made alot of mistakes and has done so since game 1. He is a 3rd pairing dman playing on the top pairing. Beaulieu lacks hockey sense and I really don't see him improving much. I would package him with Scherbak and maybe more to get Lindholm or Fowler in a heartbeat.

sorry i lost u at third pairing. Try again tho :laugh:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Multiple bad giveways, couldn't keep up with the play and handling the puck like a grenade.

He had a couple decent shifts besides that he was the worst Hab tonight with Pateryn as a close 2nd.

Glad we were able to get the 2 points and really like our offensive depth this year.
These are the types of games that show he cant be counted on to be on the first pair. We can get by with him in regular season but I have no confidence in him for the playoffs. One brainfart after another tonight, just horrible.

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
As much as i dont want to give away reliable players (pateryn/beaulieu). One can't help but see that Beaulieu works with Weber but pretty much any mobile semi skilled D would. I believe that Bergevin and his staff are either satisfied and plan to keep this as is, unless inuries or they showcase him if* and I say if* they ready have a LD in their compass already (trade). In either case as long as we keep winning I think nothing will happen, and i hope so.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
These are the types of games that show he cant be counted on to be on the first pair. We can get by with him in regular season but I have no confidence in him for the playoffs. One brainfart after another tonight, just horrible.

Your realize its only his 5th game on the top pairing. There's still 77 more games to go before the playoffs..

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He had as many shots on goals as Marchand and Bergeron combined but yeah he's not ready. /s

I dislike his subban flip the puck. It slows our offense. This isn't Hale marry football.
Subban didn't come up with the flip of the the puck. It was there way before him.

And it's here to stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Totally fine with his play, has the occasional controller disconnected moment but also some beast modes like his assist on Mitchell's goal against the Yotes, definitely an asset back there and will get better

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Had another great game doing all the work for Hal Weber. That's five games already, and we see a patteryn. Weber is just a guy who hits and slaps at the puck, that's the mark ov his game. His partner has to do all the Juicei work.

Beaulieu would probably be better off on the second pair. He would benefit more from Pete's reads.

Looking at the numbers, one can see why +/- means zero. Weber's +/- is only +1 on his own, the other +7 is a gift from the Beau-mister. Quality of teammate issue. Weber should give Beaulieu half his salary and a good chunk of his bonus, too.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I don't think top pairing D when it comes to Beaulieu, 3-4 maybe but he does not do enough well to be in a top pairing. If Petry played left side it would be a better 1-2 with him and Weber.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Trouba's available :naughty:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don't think top pairing D when it comes to Beaulieu, 3-4 maybe but he does not do enough well to be in a top pairing. If Petry played left side it would be a better 1-2 with him and Weber.

Yet the first pairing has been solid, and the second pairing of Markov-Petry has been great too.

There's no reason to push any panic buttons at this point the season is young and we are winning games without much problem at the moment.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Yet the first pairing has been solid, and the second pairing of Markov-Petry has been great too.

There's no reason to push any panic buttons at this point the season is young and we are winning games without much problem at the moment.
Agreed, it's early...we need to look at everyone's play in 10 game segments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad