Player Discussion Nathan Beaulieu Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
I hope for a better coach who won't be afraid to let Beaulieu use his puck-moving skills. Beaulieu will stagnate under Therrien because Therrien will just keep punishing/benching him every time Beaulieu takes a chance to make something happen. 'Dump da puck', is all Therrien wants from his D, and that's a waste of Beaulieu's talent.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Beaulieu has 99 games of experience if you include the playoffs. He is ready for top 4 minutes. Pateryn should also be in the top 6. I don't see MT using 3 young D so unless Tinordi improves significantly I see him as the odd man out.
Nathan is ready! Another off season of serious training will make him much improved...

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Beaulieu has 99 games of experience if you include the playoffs. He is ready for top 4 minutes. Pateryn should also be in the top 6. I don't see MT using 3 young D so unless Tinordi improves significantly I see him as the odd man out.
Nathan is ready! Another off season of serious training will make him much improved...

I think even MT saw what he could bring. He played some shifts with petry and I hope he starts in the the top 4. He's got the confidence and the talent to do it.

Markov subby
Beau petry
Emy gilbert

Thats a great d core as long as beau takes that next step. I think he'll be ready for it

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
He needs to improve offensivly to be in a top 4 rule, his shot is horrible and just doesn't create any offense.

With that said, he is decent defensvily, aside from a few mistakes here and there which is ok with a young player.

IMO he starts the season on the 3rd pair, and if he is playing great, I see a mid-season Emelin trade to give Beaulieu top 4 minutes and most likely slide Tinordi in that 3rd pair who I think will be a 7th/8th dmen to start the year with Pateryn.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
He needs to improve offensivly to be in a top 4 rule, his shot is horrible and just doesn't create any offense.

With that said, he is decent defensvily, aside from a few mistakes here and there which is ok with a young player.

IMO he starts the season on the 3rd pair, and if he is playing great, I see a mid-season Emelin trade to give Beaulieu top 4 minutes and most likely slide Tinordi in that 3rd pair who I think will be a 7th/8th dmen to start the year with Pateryn.

What are you talking about? The first game he came back in the Tampa Bay series he rushed the puck up the ice 3 times to gain the offensive zone. Not to mention his puck movement in the offensive zone and to exit his own zone. There are other things than scoring points to create offense, his puck movement is creating offense. Most of this team created nothing offensively due to our system of dumping the puck, it's not crazy to think with a more offensive system a player like Beaulieu would thrive.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
He needs to play with Subban, Markovs legs can't handle 25 a night anymore.

So you want him playing 25min a game vs other teams top lines with subban...

Talk about putting the kid in a spot to fail, no way he is ready for that.

What are you talking about? The first game he came back in the Tampa Bay series he rushed the puck up the ice 3 times to gain the offensive zone. Not to mention his puck movement in the offensive zone and to exit his own zone. There are other things than scoring points to create offense, his puck movement is creating offense. Most of this team created nothing offensively due to our system of dumping the puck, it's not crazy to think with a more offensive system a player like Beaulieu would thrive.

In the offensive zone with the club at the blue line he has done very littie, almost Gorges like, hopeful it just with confidence he'll be better but the points are not there, he had 1 point in 5 playoff games, Greg Pateryn had 3 points in 7 games..

Last edited by a moderator:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Yup. Absolutely, Markov is beginning to be a non-factor.
Especially in the playoffs. He will still be very useful in the regular season when the intensity is lower and he has more time to make plays, but as far as Markov being a factor in the playoffs those days are over.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
In the offensive zone with the club at the blue line he has done very littie, almost Gorges like, hopeful it just with confidence he'll be better but the points are not there, he had 1 point in 5 playoff games, Greg Pateryn had 3 points in 7 games..

How can I even take this post seriously when you say this? It was clear as day when he came back in the Tampa Bay series that we were missing his puck movement on the third pairing. When Pateryn was with Gilbert we struggled to breakout of the zone, not to say Pateryn was bad. But he's clearly behind Beaulieu in this aspect. And points is a terrible way to judge a player's offensive ability, especially considering the small sample size in which Pateryn's 3 points came.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
How can I even take this post seriously when you say this? It was clear as day when he came back in the Tampa Bay series that we were missing his puck movement on the third pairing. When Pateryn was with Gilbert we struggled to breakout of the zone, not to say Pateryn was bad. But he's clearly behind Beaulieu in this aspect. And points is a terrible way to judge a player's offensive ability, especially considering the small sample size in which Pateryn's 3 points came.
Yup I noticed that too when he came back against Tampa, we really missed his skating. He may not rack up a lot of points but he's good at moving the puck and can skate his way out of trouble often.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

I was talking about him with the puck at the blue line offensively, he rarely took shots and when he did not many made it to the net, and instead of maybing being a bit more creative, he often just shot the puck back down low long the boards, very Gorges like.

Like I said maybe its comes with condience but it is something to work on before he gets put in a top4 role.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I may remember it wrong, but McGuire on the Tsn690 said if Beaulieu is allowed to free a little bit with a longer leash he might he really surprise people next season.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Yup I noticed that too when he came back against Tampa, we really missed his skating. He may not rack up a lot of points but he's good at moving the puck and can skate his way out of trouble often.

I saw otherwise, he seemed tentative often dumped the puck giving it back to the opposition On the other hand Pateryn seemed to read the plays better on offence, joining the rush, at times leaving his position to create numbers a la Petry. Games 3 to 5 habs D did a great job at joining the play in attempts to counter TB aggressive play and it worked for the most part. Game 6 they reverted back to that defensive shell Beaulieu, Gilbert and Emelin Especially. At times Beaulieu had plenty of "real of state" to work with but instead decided to dump giving the puck right back. He has to Assert himself as an offensive player and help make a difference.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I may remember it wrong, but McGuire on the Tsn690 said if Beaulieu is allowed to free a little bit with a longer leash he might he really surprise people next season.

That's a big if. It took Subban one and a half seasons under Therrien to get that leash. I agree though I think he can hit another level next season.

HabsChik*

I want Tinordi in their too.

Subban, Markov, Petry, Emelin, Beaulieu, Tinordi

Pateryn part of a package with Pleks ( DD ) and or PAP.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Beaulieu is a stud. I expect him to be PK partner in 2 years and like Markov this years, i expect The Electric Boogaloo to be a consisten 50pts player, +20, averaging 23-28 min a night.

IMO, Beaulieu is a keeper and he should be traded ońy for a Primary Offensive asset a la Kessel, Eberle, etc.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Well Beaulieu definitely seems to love Montreal. Said he wants to be here for a long time, even if he wasn't a RFA, loves the fans, the city and feels at home.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I want Tinordi in their too.

Subban, Markov, Petry, Emelin, Beaulieu, Tinordi

Pateryn part of a package with Pleks ( DD ) and or PAP.

Meh. Pateryn is a better player than Tinordi at the moment, and Tinordi likely has more trade value. If you want to use one of them as a trade bait to get something good out of it (not that I like the idea of moving Plekanec to begin with), you're better off trading Tinordi.

Pateryn isn't a throw-in. He's a young guy that proved he can play at the NHL level and be consistent enough to be relied upon in the playoffs. Tinordi never even showed he had the extra gear to play in the NHL at this point.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
On RDS today I read that his injury was a fracture (micro? haha) of the sternum. This made me happy that it was not a concussion after all.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
On RDS today I read that his injury was a fracture (micro? haha) of the sternum. This made me happy that it was not a concussion after all.

Beaulieu came back in and played a few shifts after Karlsson's hit. It's clear it wasn't a concussion from the beginning, or else he wouldn't have touched the ice at all following the incident.

The concussion scenario has been questioned by medias as well ever since Beaulieu was ruled out. There was always something fishy about it.

Nynja*

So you want him playing 25min a game vs other teams top lines with subban...

Talk about putting the kid in a spot to fail, no way he is ready for that.

Well Markov cant do 25 min a night anymore. He needs to be on the second pairing for about 20 minutes and Beaulieu's top pairing, or he needs to be top pairing for 25 min a night, but he has to be limited to 55-60 games imo.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Either move Markov or use him on the 3rd pairing and PP. Time is just about up for the Russian General.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad