Confirmed with Link: Nate Thompson re-signs (one-year, one-way contract)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Really? Mete played first pair at 20, KK was the youngest player in the league and played about 4 mins less the Auston Matthews. AG player a regular shift at 19. Leks played lots of minutes as a young player.

Most teams hold back their young guys. I mean TB didn’t trust Serge to start in his own end as a 20yo. Svechnikov is almost a year older, has a mans body and played a minute more. Horvat is a good comp, as a rookie on a pretty bad team played 12 mins. Most guys are still in the minors Europe at 19 or 20.

Seriously what team throws their top young players into the fire?

There is lots to be disappointed about when it comes to management but there is a long history of starting you players early, probably top early should be the critique.

people try to find anything to bash the management

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Reading 101 here guys.............no one said we weren't young...........the coach and the GM don't trust the kids to play at times, trusting the old vets like Thompson...CJ staples his #3 pick to the bench in the Carolina game late in the season, and Brindamour uses his #2 pick who scores the game winning goal on us.

Our organization is a dinosaur at times, the way they use their kids.

Read it slowly if you have to....

Cheers...

Was 20-year old Mete not playing top pairing down the stretch? KK was the youngest kid in the league, scratching him a few times doesn't mean they never trust the youngsters.

Reactions: jaffy27

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
don't see what that has to do with the management playing/not playing the young guys enough
In the beginning of the season KK was on fire, that was the time to give him top wingers. When the season starts getting harder then you adjust. Armia and Lehkonen were duds for him in the early to mid season. KK could of had so many more points.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Just saying.....it's normal that people don't have faith in what the management does based on actual results. That's all.

Its not about faith, its about facts.
You can't criticize the management for not playing the young guys when we are one of the youngest teams in the league, and have guys like Mete playing in the top pairing and Kotkaniemi playing 99% of the season as a center despite being 18 year old and not really being nhl physically ready

Reactions: Acadien86

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Its not about faith, its about facts.
You can't criticize the management for not playing the young guys when we are one of the youngest teams in the league, and have guys like Mete playing in the top pairing and Kotkaniemi playing 99% of the season as a center despite being 18 year old and not really being nhl physically ready

Yes we can......on HF Habs anything can happen, no need to use fact here

do i have to put that :sarcasm:.....oh well, i will anyway

:sarcasm::sarcasm:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Well, I mean, now where does Poehling play? On the wing? I don’t get it..
That’s the coaches decision......I don’t mind if he plays a little wing but certainly not on the 4th line.....as a matter of fact, I don’t want him there period!!

There’s too many what ifs right now......ideally, I’d like to see this....

Domi-KK-Shaw
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Poehling-Armia
Byron-Thompson-Weal

That’s with what we have......sign a Panarin and you can throw out my proposal.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just saying.....it's normal that people don't have faith in what the management does based on actual results. That's all.

Same type of bounty as when they opened Al Capone's safe during prime time TV. :D

Reactions: Whitesnake

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well, I mean, now where does Poehling play? On the wing? I don’t get it..

Poehling will have to force their hand. Thompson is not enough of an investment to block a young player who might be ready.

Looking like Laval is going to have several young players worth watching next year.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Thompson is not the main problem here

its people posting line ups right now and they have Danault Shaw and sometimes byron in the top 6.

Please stop

Danault and Shaw in top 6 can nearly be justified. One might argue Tatar-Danault-Gallagher was our best line this season.

Shaw has his moments as a complimentary player to skilled forwards. Not a true top 6 but compliments players well.

Byron is decent but rather he's that 3rd line depth.

Reactions: donghabs98

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Danault and Shaw in top 6 can nearly be justified. One might argue Tatar-Danault-Gallagher was our best line this season.

Shaw has his moments as a complimentary player to skilled forwards. Not a true top 6 but compliments players well.

Byron is decent but rather he's that 3rd line depth.

They are in the top6 because our team sucks at having great forwards. Kotkaniemi should be starting #2 center atleast next season. Also Drouin should not be a on 3rd line over Shaw. We like him or not Drouin is not a 3rd line player.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
They are in the top6 because our team sucks at having great forwards. Kotkaniemi should be starting #2 center atleast next season. Also Drouin should not be a on 3rd line over Shaw. We like him or not Drouin is not a 3rd line player.

everyone wanted him in finland or the AHL. They played him the entire season and he lost his legs halfway through the season. They squeezed every drop of sweat out of that kid. Glad people assume he will have increased pressure and top 6 minutes next year.

years
old.

youngest player in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad