Confirmed with Link: Nate Thompson re-signs (one-year, one-way contract)

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
It all depends on whether you’d accept us being worse next year or not.

Maybe you're right, maybe I'm just eager to see KK-Poehling-Suzu at center; but maybe I'm right, maybe those three guys are ready. Every spring the same song, every training camp new players make the team and contribute. Time will tell.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I feel a lot better with Thompson on the 4th than Chaput. That said, I want him getting 4th line minutes and not taking minutes away from KK, Poehling, Suzuki or whichever prospect makes the team

There were games where KK was not good at all, and on a team fighting for a playoff spot, it does no good to play him anyway if he's tired or having a bad night. He knows his struggle will be to get consistent and I'm sure the well being of the team is more important to him than 1-2 mins more of icetime. It takes pressure off KK's shoulders. But I do get and share your angle on it totally. However, there were nights when we could have used Thompson and Weal earlier then when we acquired them. Not having a decent 4th line did not give us any options when KK was having a meh game.

Reactions: Archijerej

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Go review how many games Armia/Byron/Shaw missed. People think that the habs are going to be 100% healthy for every single game next year LOL.

Truth is the team will have players hurt during the year and a guy like Nate will come in handy. I thought he was decent enough for the habs last year.

And Phoeling had 3 goals looks great, lets see where he is in game 20, 30, 50, 60, and 82. There is more to the NHL than 1 game.

Even KK hit a bit of a wall last year in the second half. There is nothing in hockey that is the same as an 82 game NHL regular season, JR, NCAA, KHL or wherever.
Agree although I think Poehling will fair better than KK in the condition part of it

Reactions: Runner77

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Remember in Moneyball where Billy Beane trades a guy so his coach can't play him and instead play someone who is a better fit for their build?

You don't give your coach his stupid toys that suck and get overused and hurt the team.

Don't like this at all. Thompson sucks and gets played way too often.
CJ and MB really, really don't trust their kids...sad.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
Nothing to get upset about ..or excited, but that's ok.

He can be a depth guy.

Or..

-At 1m, he can be buried in the minors without counting on the cap.

-He'll accept his role as the 13th forward.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Right now, if we consider Habs' forwards under contract for next year and assuming Lehkonen and Armia will get both a new contract the line-up look like this:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Shaw
Byron - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Thompson - Peca
Deslauriers - Weise

We already have a lot of 13th forward...

2 of Peca/Weise/Deslauriers will probably end up in the AHL or maybe one gets picked up on waivers.

I also think if we make some trades this summer Bergevin will try and offload one of them just as a minor extra.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You realize we're one of the youngest teams in a league? So, effectively, you're getting sad because of a figment of your imagination.
Reading 101 here guys.............no one said we weren't young...........the coach and the GM don't trust the kids to play at times, trusting the old vets like Thompson...CJ staples his #3 pick to the bench in the Carolina game late in the season, and Brindamour uses his #2 pick who scores the game winning goal on us.

Our organization is a dinosaur at times, the way they use their kids.

Read it slowly if you have to....

Cheers...

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
CJ and MB really, really don't trust their kids...sad.

Really? Mete played first pair at 20, KK was the youngest player in the league and played about 4 mins less the Auston Matthews. AG player a regular shift at 19. Leks played lots of minutes as a young player.

Most teams hold back their young guys. I mean TB didn’t trust Serge to start in his own end as a 20yo. Svechnikov is almost a year older, has a mans body and played a minute more. Horvat is a good comp, as a rookie on a pretty bad team played 12 mins. Most guys are still in the minors Europe at 19 or 20.

Seriously what team throws their top young players into the fire?

There is lots to be disappointed about when it comes to management but there is a long history of starting you players early, probably top early should be the critique.

Reactions: Archijerej

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad