Confirmed with Link: Nate Thompson re-signs (one-year, one-way contract)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
giphy.gif

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Lovely. Can't wait until Kotkaniemi gets punted to the wing or scratched for this guy to play 15 minutes a night down the stretch.

If you think he's going to be the 13-14th forward, then I've got a bridge to sell you.
This happens every time man. Every time they trade for or sign some depth plug we all know deep down they're going to get way too much ice time and we have to go through the motions of pretending this team won't overuse him. So frustrating.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
So begin the bad decisions he would have easily been replaced from within by a younger player this is just wasting contract slots.

If this means Poehling playing in Laval is being seriously considered than great signing. All about taking it slow with these kids. I wouldn't mind a year of sucking too while our Brooks, Suzukis and Uzis are getting ready.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Remember in Moneyball where Billy Beane trades a guy so his coach can't play him and instead play someone who is a better fit for their build?

You don't give your coach his stupid toys that suck and get overused and hurt the team.

Don't like this at all. Thompson sucks and gets played way too often.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
If this means Poehling playing in Laval is being seriously considered than great signing. All about taking it slow with these kids. I wouldn't mind a year of sucking too while our Brooks, Suzukis and Uzis are getting ready.
Im happy with poehling playing in Laval i wasnt referencing him to replace thompson just saying theres betrer options than wasting contract slots.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Thompson is a quality 4th center, I have no problem with this whatsoever. The most interesting development with this is... does this mean we are moving Domi to the wing? Because between Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Thompson, something has to give at center. I'm sure it'll shake itself out during camp, but something to keep an eye on.

Reactions: CDN24

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Remember in Moneyball where Billy Beane trades a guy so his coach can't play him and instead play someone who is a better fit for their build?

You don't give your coach his stupid toys that suck and get overused and hurt the team.

Don't like this at all. Thompson sucks and gets played way too often.

He didn’t suck at all actually. Won 55% of his faceoffs, is a good forechecker and even had a decent Corsi despite being a 4th liner. 64% Dzone starts. He also only played 13 mins a game which was lowest on the team for a regular.

Not sure what more you expect from a bottom line, unless you preferred Chaput.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Good signing, in my projected lineup, as it stands now, he's our 13th forward:

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Domi Shaw
Byron KK Poehling
Lehkonen Weal Armia
Thompson, Dlo

I'd like to upgrade Byron (equal or higher talent, but bigger body) and have no clue where Drouin fits.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Thompson is a quality 4th center, I have no problem with this whatsoever. The most interesting development with this is... does this mean we are moving Domi to the wing? Because between Domi, Danault, Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Thompson, something has to give at center. I'm sure it'll shake itself out during camp, but something to keep an eye on.
Not sure what we'd do if we happen to sign Duchene on top of that.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i don't mind at all, it's a 1y/1M deal depth move, gives an other season to Evan in Laval to polish and get used to pro hockey. If you miss the playoffs it could end up a very late free pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad