Confirmed with Link: Nate Thompson & 5th round pick 2019 traded to MTL for 4th round pick 2019

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
He was realy good in Tampa. I dont expect him to be the same player. It would cost us a lot more. With Plekanec out, we need a replacement for face-off and the Thompson will solve the puzzle.

Realy good add and we're better with 5rd pick than 4th rd pick. Its pretty much a free add

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Our 4th line of Agostino - Chaput - Deslaurier had 4 goals combined.

Thompson has 4 goals this year
Weise has 5 goals

So hopefully our 4th line will chip in more offensively now
The 4th line was a problem. They were all in the minus, maybe the only line with minus +-. Seems accurate to improve the 4th line, at least try to. It cost nothing, so why not, as long as it improves something.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Detroit looking to offload ....a 7th round pick likely get him back..lol

Could we use anyone off Detroit??Hmm..I still say if Vanek came CHEAP...i'd do it..The yr we had him in playoffs he showed up 5 goals 5 asst..

Even Martin Frk, i been wanting Habs to gamble on him for a few seasons...now we got his old coach Dom Ducharme..

Red Wings will entertain trade offers for veterans, GM says

They have six players who can become unrestricted free agents July 1: goalie Jimmy Howard; defensemen Niklas Kronwall, Nick Jensen and Luke Witkowski; and forwards Gustav Nyquist and Thomas Vanek.

We have to be careful who we go after. This is a tight knit group that plays an intense, up tempo, and detailed orientated system.

Adding the wrong player to the mix can be detrimental.

A guy like Weise played here before and loves the city and the team.

After hearing Aaron talk about Nate, he is a perfect fit for this team. Hard working leader. Even if he doesn't play he is going to go out there in practice and work his arse off.

We saw what attitude meant to the team last year, adding the wrong mix into the locker room can bring this thing down like a house of cards.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Of course you do, that's why we went and got an upgrade. But faceoffs are pretty critical for 4th line centers. DLR isn't any good, he scored less than 10 goals for us here. Maybe as a winger, but definitely not as a center.

that's my point though, DLR is better at hockey minus 8 % less on draws, then Chaput so I would have rather had DLR then Chaput this year. For every 100 draws Chaput takes he wins 8 more then DLR while getting more offense (which you know it's bad when DLR is more offensive the someone) and a bigger, quicker, better PKer.

Just not a fan of Chaput at all and think they shouldn't have waived DLR.

Jacob de la Rose? 3 goals and 7 points in 43 games this year. 26 points in 158 career NHL games. 43% FO% and CF 39% this season. THAT guy is the one we're pining for?

I don't love MB's body of work but one really has to stretch to complain about adding Thompson in exchange for 10 picks difference at the back of the 4th round or to bemoan the loss of a non entity like DLR. If Chaput gets claimed, is that going to be held against him too?

For me I would have just preferred we kept DLR, who has more goals, points, is bigger, younger, quicker.

I wasn't talking about Thompson though, just that I'd rather have DLR over Chaput. It has nothing to do with MB, but more that I'd rather draft and develop a player and give him another shot over a 26 year old that's more of a career AHLer.

As I said in the above post, Chaput with 0 goals in 2 years in the NHL, so you know it's bad if you are looking at DLR as the more productive guy.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Hudon hasn't played his way onto the team, for whatever reason. Thompson and King are nothing alike. Montreal scouts should have all been fired after King,Ott and Martinsen were brought in.
Ott was good for us and we gave very little anyways. The truth is that MB and his scouting staff have won far more trades than they have lost. The Bargain Bin nonsense is brainless and infantile, he has made a number of huge trades. Unfortunately the kids on this site call every depth trade a bad trade because they have the hockey acumen of an anvil..

Reactions: Victorius

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
hockey30-2019-02-11-%C3%A0-20.04.59.png

According to this, Thompson is only incrementally better than Shampoo on faceoff percentage. Good thing there are other aspects to Thompson's game.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Depth move for an extended roster. I'm still waiting for an actual hockey trade to happen or for an actual sale where we get better picks not worst ones.

Jul 6, 2016
Depth move for an extended roster. I'm still waiting for an actual hockey trade to happen or for an actual sale where we get better picks not worst ones.

4th rounder, 5th rounder, 6th rounder..... Doesn't matter much at all. It's a total crap shoot.

Reactions: jabes

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
With Byron back soon, one of Peca or Hudon will have to be dealt or waived.
Yep, if this GM could manage to get upgrades on his picks instead of downgrades that would reinforce building through the draft a little.

Like manage to get another 3rd for instance or some mid-picks for next draft.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

According to this, Thompson is only incrementally better than Shampoo on faceoff percentage. Good thing there are other aspects to Thompson's game.

This is a bogus argument anyways.

He will take 9 faceoffs per game in average. Over 9 faceoffs the difference between 60% and 45% is ONE FoW/FoL. Neutral zone faceoffs are not a do or die matter either, which further diminish the value of the faceoffs argument.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

500 face offs vs 250 though.....and yes, there are other aspects to his game that are better, like goal scoring lol

Reactions: Runner77

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The 4th line was a problem. They were all in the minus, maybe the only line with minus +-. Seems accurate to improve the 4th line, at least try to. It cost nothing, so why not, as long as it improves something.

The fourth line is much better today than three days ago.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is a bogus argument anyways.

He will take 9 faceoffs per game in average. Over 9 faceoffs the difference between 60% and 45% is ONE FoW/FoL. Neutral zone faceoffs are not a do or die matter either, which further diminish the value of the faceoffs argument.

Except it's not the number of faceoff that matters, it's that he can be relied upon on critical moments of a game when a key faceoff needs to be taken. I think Julien is more likely to trust Thompson as a veteran than he did Chaput in such situations.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Ott was good for us and we gave very little anyways. The truth is that MB and his scouting staff have won far more trades than they have lost. The Bargain Bin nonsense is brainless and infantile, he has made a number of huge trades. Unfortunately the kids on this site call every depth trade a bad trade because they have the hockey acumen of an anvil..

King, Ott and Martinsen were not good deadline deals, we got the boot first round. We needed scoring, we got scrubs. Alzner and Shlemko were not good moves. Agostino and Chaput were busts. Montreals scouting staff in the west is among the worst in the league, Crawford should have been canned years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad