Nashville vs Winnipeg in the playoffs

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I dont like this current playoff format. Preds and jets should be battling in the west finals.
League should really go back to the previous format before this.
I don't like your format. The previous format would currently seed Nashville and Vegas for the West finals.

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Two amazing teams + The two best fans in the league + 2nd round playoff opponents = best series this year with the jets winning hopefully!

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
dont tell me what to do man.. this is the internet and i will shriek until i win an argument or the cable company finds out im 3 months behind my internet bill!
Get it in while you can!

If anyone needs to find this guy later in the month he'll be hanging out downtown at the Library using the free WiFi there.

Reactions: 204hockey

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Also I putting $20 down on the Jets for a 4 game sweep of Preds, Laine and Ehlers need some pwnage CoD time before the next round.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
This thread makes it almost certain that one of either Minnesota or Dallas will win in the first round.
Winner of central might end up with the 4th team in the pacific which will likely be 1 of the California teams, all very experienced clubs... def able to upset em in round 1.

Reactions: triggrman

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Winnipeg Victorias won the cup in 1896, 1901 & 1902. The original Winnipeg Jets (now Arizona Coyotes) joined the NHL in 1980. Trolling works better when you know your history.

Bragging about accomplishments works better if you were alive to experience them. As a Leaf fan I would never brag about cup wins because I would look like an idiot, they're ancient history we're been losers for fifty years and everyone knows this. This is just something else, I can't even wrap my head around how you think this is relevant.

Anyway lets pretend this thread isn't full of garbage and...I guess whatever the opposite of a humble brag is since this is an arrogant post that I would also say barely constitutes a brag...I would say that this will be the series to watch of the playoffs, hopefully goes 7 and its a total tossup.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
This thread makes it almost certain that one of either Minnesota or Dallas will win in the first round.
The outcome of a series is never 100% predictable, but I REALLY hope the Jets can face Dallas in the first round. Minnesota would make it an ugly series and it'd be a toss up at that point, but the Jets can out gun the Stars. In fact, I don't think there's a better matchup for them than Dallas.

Minnesota is looking more likely though. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Wild pass them and the Jets finish #3 in the division.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
When we first got the Jets back, Chevy said he was going to pattern his management after the way things were done in Nashville. I think that surprised a few people. High praise and respect for the Preds organization. It would be absolutely awesome for the Jets and Preds to meet in the playoffs.

Reactions: Pred303

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Don't rain on Richard's and Gretchen's parade, you.

Or these fellows:

bfw1rmdcqaaexf8.jpg

m.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Winner of central might end up with the 4th team in the pacific which will likely be 1 of the California teams, all very experienced clubs... def able to upset em in round 1.

Which is why I'm not too upset by the Preds beating the Jets last time they met. I want the Jets to win, but I'd much rather face one of the other teams in the Central 1st than the Ducks, Kings, or Sharks. Got get 'em, Preds. Win the division.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Bragging about accomplishments works better if you were alive to experience them. As a Leaf fan I would never brag about cup wins because I would look like an idiot, they're ancient history we're been losers for fifty years and everyone knows this. This is just something else, I can't even wrap my head around how you think this is relevant.

Anyway lets pretend this thread isn't full of garbage and...I guess whatever the opposite of a humble brag is since this is an arrogant post that I would also say barely constitutes a brag...I would say that this will be the series to watch of the playoffs, hopefully goes 7 and its a total tossup.

Are you always this joyless? Arrogance? Simply pointed out a fact to someone who clearly didn't know it. Relevant? Read the post I quoted, dumbass. As for the original post (by another user I might add), do you really think anyone is seriously bragging about a Stanley Cup in the 1800s? Sarcasm? Facetiousness? Are you familiar with these concepts? And the line, "as a Leaf fan". Hahahaha. Please Mr. Leaf fan, tell me how to be a better hockey fan. Us poor saps over here don't know what we're doing :rolleyes:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad