Nashville vs Winnipeg in the playoffs

Fastfrde

Oct 11, 2017
Winterpeg
If both teams are healthy and meet up in the second round, the only ones I will feel sorry for are the goalies. There is a lot of offence on these two teams. Both fanbases should have a great time competing with chants in the arena's too! (I have to give the edge to Nashville's fans from recent experience in last years playoffs)

Reactions: Cashville

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Who is they and who are you?
Nashville is they and I am a fan of the Blackhawks so we. Don’t make me go search through all your posts and find one where you use an improper pronoun when referencing your team just to make you look dumb on the internet cause we all do it.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I like that the Preds have been consistent through the years. I guess having confidence in your coach goes a long way. How many coaches have they had? 2?

Their first handful of years weren't great, but their style allowed them to be competitive. Once they made the playoffs for the first time (2004) they had a pretty good run, missing the playoffs only once between 2004 and 2013. Then, two poor seasons in a row led to Trotz being let go, and the team has since become a monster.

Yep. Had Trotz from the team's inception until 2014. Lavy now.

Always felt that the Predators punched above their weight. Getting Forsberg, Neal and then Johansen then it was like okay, they play well AND have the fire power now. Crazy how good their defense is despite losing Weber, Hamhuis and Suter. 2/3 left for no return.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Always felt that the Predators punched above their weight. Getting Forsberg, Neal and then Johansen then it was like okay, they play well AND have the fire power now. Crazy how good their defense is despite losing Weber, Hamhuis and Suter. 2/3 left for no return.

Thanks for the kind words!

I didn't feel like Hamhuis was a loss. Suter still gets his special "welcome" when he returns to Nashville. The Weber for Subban trade still isn't resolved, but the Predators did go to the SCF last year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Thanks for the kind words!

I didn't feel like Hamhuis was a loss. Suter still gets his special "welcome" when he returns to Nashville. The Weber for Subban trade still isn't resolved, but the Predators did go to the SCF last year.

Yeah, I felt that the Subban for Weber deal was shrewd. Totally bought more time for a cup window with that deal. Suter and Hamhuis can have easily returned a 1st+ at the TDL but obviously Nashville wasn't going to trade them going into the playoffs.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Captain Blake Wheeler quote seems appropriate again:

"I just think that we've got to pump the brakes here a little bit," he said after the game. "We're talking Stanley Cup contender, we haven't even made the [expletive] playoffs yet. We're building this up a bit bigger than it is. We're just trying to get better every single game."

Until the Jets WIN 1 playoff game there is nothing to be excited about.
Come on.

Nothing to be excited about? Seriously? That was said to not count on things and to emphasize a lot has to happen for expectations and hopes to be realized.

As for being excited, of course there is reason and fans should be. Dynamic, deep and talented team that is having a terrific year. Young talent throughout the system and poised to be a factor for several years. Team run and managed very well, there is a LOT to be excited for and by.

Doesn't mean playoff success but no team is guaranteed that.

Reactions: 204hockey

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
And I am just tempering my enthusiasm until the team actually wins games in the playoffs.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
It'll be a great match up if they make it to the second round.

I think the Jets have more firepower in the form of skilled players. The Preds have a great system and work extremely hard on every shift up and down their line up.

Both teams skate well and attack in waves.

It'll come down to Hellebuyck vs Rinne i think.

Still, the Wild are coming on strong and Dallas can't be looked past. There's 4 really good teams in the Central

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Nashville is a great team.

I am with the poster who said the Jets need to focus on winning a game in the playoffs first.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Nashville is a great team.

I am with the poster who said the Jets need to focus on winning a game in the playoffs first.
wait u mean a team has to win a game in the playoffs to make it further??? no shit sherlock!!

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
wait u mean a team has to win a game in the playoffs to make it further??? no **** sherlock!!

Not actually my point but cool story.

More exciting to me right now would be actually winning a game.

Get it?

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Not actually my point but cool story.

More exciting to me right now would be actually winning a game.

Get it?
well your point is just stupid though? has the thrashers or jets 2.0 ever been this deep and good? of course not.. so expecting them to perform like the other 2 shit teams that got swept is idiotic.. as for the winning part no i dont get it are u a blues fan ?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
well your point is just stupid though? has the thrashers or jets 2.0 ever been this deep and good? of course not.. so expecting them to perform like the other 2 **** teams that got swept is idiotic.. as for the winning part no i dont get it are u a blues fan ?

I am a Jets fan.

Take a deep breath and relax.

I am not expecting the Jets to get swept.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Nashville is they and I am a fan of the Blackhawks so we. Don’t make me go search through all your posts and find one where you use an improper pronoun when referencing your team just to make you look dumb on the internet cause we all do it.
To finish off on your OP " I hope they get swept and we pick 18-21" Yes they are Nashville and we are the Hawks ... and Nashville goes out in round 1. 2 or 3 so that we can use their #1 pick for something hopefully near pick #17!!! Oh and best of luck to Hartman with your club as I'm sure your system will support his ability to raise his game.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
To finish off on your OP " I hope they get swept and we pick 18-21" Yes they are Nashville and we are the Hawks ... and Nashville goes out in round 1. 2 or 3 so that we can use their #1 pick for something hopefully near pick #17!!! Oh and best of luck to Hartman with your club as I'm sure your system will support his ability to raise his game.
If Nashville wins the the division the lowest they could possibly draft is 26th, and even that’s unlikely.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Nashville is my second favorite team and Winnipeg is just behind them.
It would break my heart to see either of them loose, lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad