Nashville vs Winnipeg in the playoffs

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Obviously things need to play out but they are likely to face each other.

I can honestly say as a neutral fan, this series will be ridiculous. I respect what Winnipeg has built and I am a closet Predator fan thanks to Suter-Weber back in the day but my god...I hope it's a 7 game series.
Preds in 4

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
We’re the Preds ever NOT good? Seems like they’ve always been an excellent drafting, competetitive team.

Their first handful of years weren't great, but their style allowed them to be competitive. Once they made the playoffs for the first time (2004) they had a pretty good run, missing the playoffs only once between 2004 and 2013. Then, two poor seasons in a row led to Trotz being let go, and the team has since become a monster.

I like that the Preds have been consistent through the years. I guess having confidence in your coach goes a long way. How many coaches have they had? 2?

Yep. Had Trotz from the team's inception until 2014. Lavy now.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Preds/Jets playoff would be amazing. For Nashville.

That Hartnel hooking call on Ehlers would never be called in the playoffs. So there would be less PP chances for the Jets.

Preds would win this series with their coaching and playoff experience. I can see the Jets getting rattled by guys like Hartnel, Subban, and big saves by Rinne.

I hope I’m wrong.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Preds/Jets playoff would be amazing. For Nashville.

That Hartnel hooking call on Ehlers would never be called in the playoffs. So there would be less PP chances for the Jets.

Preds would win this series with their coaching and playoff experience. I can see the Jets getting rattled by guys like Hartnel, Subban, and big saves by Rinne.

I hope I’m wrong.
Hartnell is a non-factor. There was a weak-ass hooking call on Scheifele in the game as well.

We've lit Rinne up twice already this season.

It would be a good series. I'd say Nashville would be slight favourites but if we get healthy and have Trouba, Enstrom and Lowry in the lineup I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Yeah doubtful that Hartnell will be playing much in the playoffs. Probably going to lose his spot when Fisher comes in or possibly Tolvanen.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Hartnell is a non-factor. There was a weak-ass hooking call on Scheifele in the game as well.

We've lit Rinne up twice already this season.

It would be a good series. I'd say Nashville would be slight favourites but if we get healthy and have Trouba, Enstrom and Lowry in the lineup I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them.

I feel a little bit better. Hehehe

Ok. So we agree there will be less penalties in the playoffs. I think with the remaining regular season games, Paul Maurice should prepare his players to play playoff style hockey.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
This video was 14 years ago. Don't act like the Preds fans just figured things out last year just because nobody else ever paid attention to us.

Unfortunately just as we were building that momentum and excitement, the lockout happened, and shortly after the league started up again we ended up with the whole team sale fiasco. For a fanbase to go through all of that at 6-8 years old, and eventually evolve into what it is today is reason for celebration, not belittling, and certainly not from a fanbase who knows the pains of losing their own franchise.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Yeah doubtful that Hartnell will be playing much in the playoffs. Probably going to lose his spot when Fisher comes in or possibly Tolvanen.

Tolvanen is a scary factor. He could be a huge catalyst to an already potent offence. Lowry will give our 4th line a massive kick in the defensive zone ass. Trouba and Enstrom will allow us to not ice Morrow and Chiarot. Will be a great series if it happens and everyone can stay healthy.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I’m biased but I think one of Minnesota or Dallas will upset one of Winnipeg or Nashville (if the wild card works out that way)

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
I dont like this current playoff format. Preds and jets should be battling in the west finals.
League should really go back to the previous format before this.

In the previous playoff format, assuming either Nashville or Las Vegas was in division with Winnipeg, Nashville and Winnipeg would still be lined up to face each other in the second round.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Yeah Poile has always had a good reputation here. He was throwing together scrappy teams in the early days working on one of the smallest budgets in the league. At one point Nashville was on almost every player's Do Not Trade list and was having a hard time attracting free agents (Paul Kariya being the one exception). The new ownership that bought the team in 07 to keep the team in Nashville has given him all the tools he needed to succeed.

Reactions: jets2020champs

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Just saying the ThrasherJets are 0 for 8 in the playoffs.
To be fair the Perds only ever made it past the 1st round three times before last season and never past the 2nd round. Unless you REALLY value one season that much the Predators are hardly any kind of Playoff threat (historically).

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Captain Blake Wheeler quote seems appropriate again:

"I just think that we've got to pump the brakes here a little bit," he said after the game. "We're talking Stanley Cup contender, we haven't even made the [expletive] playoffs yet. We're building this up a bit bigger than it is. We're just trying to get better every single game."

Until the Jets WIN 1 playoff game there is nothing to be excited about.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Would be a fantastic series. Folks talking about 1896, Nashville hockey town quality, etc need to move elsewhere. Last night’s game was just good fun hockey; two great teams right now.

Reactions: HPsauce and SLAYER

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad