Eklund Rumor: Nashville- Toronto- Rangers

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
The Pretenders, aka Toronto team, are trading for him to block shots?

Or maybe he'll have 68 shots a game to counter the 67 shots the Leafs give up a game. It will look a lot better on paper!!
You sound real petty right now. I’ve read your posts and you consistently whine about the leafs. I suggest growing up and respond with a little class.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
That's really an under payment for McDonagh. The 1st is late,Dermott is Nothing special and Kapenen hasn't been impressive what so ever.
Come on now the rangers would be doing jumping jacks if they got that haul for him. Are you speaking for rangers fan or is this your lame attempt to antagonize a fan base?

Reactions: Lahey and naruto

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
You sound real petty right now. I’ve read your posts and you consistently whine about the leafs. I suggest growing up and respond with a little class.
Haha. All you read about in these threads is how great the Leafs are and it's funny. I don't think that's petty.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
he has no sources ....and Toronto management doesn't leak anything ..or your fired lol

He does have some sources. He just makes tons of shit up as well.

Don't see McDonagh in Toronto he's pretty much linked to either Boston or Tampa, Already know about Nash to Nashville makes sense for both Nash and Nashville.

Because a team that wasn't linked via rumours has never made a big trade before? Were there any Subban for Weber rumours? Johansen for Jones? Phaneuf to OTT? Nothing leaks from Toronto though I do agree with that.

Because i don't want to deal a bunch of youth for a quick fix....that's why.

I doubt it would be a bunch of youth for him. I don't see any situation where McDonagh becomes a Leaf and Gardiner isn't going the other way. Rielly-McDonagh-Gardiner-Dermott as our LD makes no sense whatsoever. It would have to be something like Gardiner + a 1st. That keeps the Rangers from being a lotto team while still getting more prospects.

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Haha. All you read about in these threads is how great the Leafs are and it's funny. I don't think that's petty.

Leaf haters love to hate, and ya they have a great team. What sport are you watching?

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
If you have been watching the games you know they are an actual contender now, like right now today February 15 2018, those that do not think they are, are living in denial

Playoff team absolutely. I guess if you equate being in the playoffs as being a contender, you are right to a degree. A serious contender like they can get through Boston/Tampa or both, one of whom will have McD.....no.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Wouldn’t having a good defensive defenceman like a mcdonaugh really help stabilize some of those issues? I’m ok either way. They can keep their picks and prospects and hope they one day make the NHL and keep moving forward or trade some of them and get a legit 1/2 like Mcdonaugh. They are 6th in the league and he would really help them out.

With the way our scouting staff has drafted the last few years they deserve the chance to use those picks and see how the prospects develop. It’s not like we are short on time with a closing window. Our 3 most important players are 21 or younger. Let’s really find out what we have before we make our all in move. McD is a fantastic Dman no doubt, but as such would cost a ton to acquire and a ton to re-sign. Right at the same time we have to re-sign those 3 kids. So really it would be giving up part of the future for just 1 full season + 1 playoff run.

Yes the Leafs are 6th. But they also would have probably the hardest path to the finals of any team in the league.
Boston and Tampa have been the 2 best teams in the league this season and they would be our first 2 round opponents. After that it gets hard to predict who would be in the conference finals but it will likely either be the Pens who won the last 2 cups or it will probably be the team that finally managed to beat the back to back champs.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
With the way our scouting staff has drafted the last few years they deserve the chance to use those picks and see how the prospects develop. It’s not like we are short on time with a closing window. Our 3 most important players are 21 or younger. Let’s really find out what we have before we make our all in move. McD is a fantastic Dman no doubt, but as such would cost a ton to acquire and a ton to re-sign. Right at the same time we have to re-sign those 3 kids. So really it would be giving up part of the future for just 1 full season + 1 playoff run.

Yes the Leafs are 6th. But they also would have probably the hardest path to the finals of any team in the league.
Boston and Tampa have been the 2 best teams in the league this season and they would be our first 2 round opponents. After that it gets hard to predict who would be in the conference finals but it will likely either be the Pens who won the last 2 cups or it will probably be the team that finally managed to beat the back to back champs.
Fair points. Like I’ve said before. I’m fine either route they want to go.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Playoff team absolutely. I guess if you equate being in the playoffs as being a contender, you are right to a degree. A serious contender like they can get through Boston/Tampa or both, one of whom will have McD.....no.

no That is not how I judge a contender. I do it by asking myself does a team have certain things they as follows

a #1 C? check The Leafs have Matthews so they have a franchise C

If they do have a top line C do they have a supporting cast around him well...

Nylander, Marner, JVR, Marleau, Kadri, Brown Hyman they all have at least 10 goals and most of them either have hit 20, or should baring injury, so check.

if the team has #1 and 2 does it have a legitimate #1 goalie but #1 and 2 do not matter if you have no goalie.

Well while he is unlikely to win it, at this current pace Fredrik Andersen should get nominated for the Vezina so Check.

Does the team have a solid blue line?

this is where the weakness is, of that there is no question however, Reilly is playing like a #1 D manJake Gardiner and Nikita Zaitsev are both top 4 guys and Travis Dermott sure looks like a top 4 and when you lookm at the D core the pens won with the last 2 years, espically last year when they did it without Letang, you do want an improvement on the back end for sure but that Blue is not any worse than what the Pens won with, particularly last year so check.

Yes the Leafs are a contender, people refuse to accept it because the rebuild was so damn short, but it is time they accept the fact that Toronto has a chance to win the cup this year, although I would say it more likely next year.

But it is certainly possible this year.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Put him on ignore, you won't regret it. Dude is exceptionally misinformed about the Leafs and he still tries his darnest to be a troll.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well that's just bullshit. I'm not saying the Leafs are great, i'm saying i don't want to pay for him.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Of course.

Kapanen is former 1st rounder who has not quite lived up to his hype and Dermott is nothing special.

For Toronto to get McD, they would have to start with either Marner / Nylander.

#1 Dman - You best be prepared to part with 1 of your top young players.

Only if f***ing hell freezes over!

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
exaclty think pucky is triggered here, he has some serious hate for the leafs lol! thats ok though
I love the haters now....every win triggers them....every Marner point....every Willy dangle....every Matthews goal...every Kadri hat trick...every Andersen save....trigger trigger trigger!

Reactions: naruto and rubous

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Of course.

Kapanen is former 1st rounder who has not quite lived up to his hype and Dermott is nothing special.

For Toronto to get McD, they would have to start with either Marner / Nylander.

#1 Dman - You best be prepared to part with 1 of your top young players.

"Start with"

Give me a break...

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Mike Babcock doesn't even know what GM Lou is going to do on the trade front, how the hell would this hack Eklund know.

I noticed that the "Eklund Rumor" flair is an interesting shade of brown. Clever use of colors there mods ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad