Eklund Rumor: Nashville- Toronto- Rangers

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I hate to be that guy but... why in the living hell are we in 2018 and after Eklund has been proven to be a hack time and time again yet we still see Eklund rumours on that board ?

BRB i gotta go puke

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If every Eklund rumor is going to start with "I know it's Eklund, but", maybe we should just stop posting his rumors.

Let's stop posting his rumors because the mob has scared everyone into either not sharing them or prefacing their posts to guard against being strung up for doing so... or I guess that we could try to be adults and discuss them, anyways, since discussion is good. Nah, let's just do the former.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
A. Cost to acquire (will be to high IMO)
B. 1.5 years until he is 30 and due a monster contract
C. I don't think he makes us a contender

I'll focus on C for now because A is subjective and B is OK since we are ass young as we are.

What else would you need, you got the elite offense, you got the elite goaltending, you add Mcdonagh and pair him with Reilly and bump Hainsey down to fix the bottom pair which has kind of been a mishmash of Borgman/Carrick/Polak

what else do you need?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I'll focus on C for now because A is subjective and B is OK since we are ass young as we are.

What else would you need, you got the elite offense, you got the elite goaltending, you add Mcdonagh and pair him with Reilly and bump Hainsey down to fix the bottom pair which has kind of been a mishmash of Borgman/Carrick/Polak

what else do you need?
the assets that can help us be a actual contender in the future, and not throwing it away for mcdonagh

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
the assets that can help us be a actual contender in the future, and not throwing it away for mcdonagh

If you have been watching the games you know they are an actual contender now, like right now today February 15 2018, those that do not think they are, are living in denial

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If you have been watching the games you know they are an actual contender now, like right now today February 15 2018, those that do not think they are, are living in denial
if you have been watching the games, you know they get outshot, outplayed, rely on their goalie to bail them out like 2013. its virtually the same built team, good offence, weak defense, good goaltending. thats not a contender

Reactions: pucky

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
if you have been watching the games, you know they get outshot, outplayed, rely on their goalie to bail them out like 2013. its virtually the same built team, good offence, weak defense, good goaltending. thats not a contender
but what a difference another top pairing Dman would make

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
we'd have to give up a lot for him, something i wouldn't wanna do

Same. If were giving up the assets, its for a natural right hand shot defender. we cant just put him on the right and expect him to succeed. Plus our left side is already stacked if he does fail

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
do you even know who these players are?
Of course.

Kapanen is former 1st rounder who has not quite lived up to his hype and Dermott is nothing special.

For Toronto to get McD, they would have to start with either Marner / Nylander.

#1 Dman - You best be prepared to part with 1 of your top young players.

Reactions: cheech70

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Of course.

Kapanen is former 1st rounder who has not quite lived up to his hype and Dermott is nothing special.

For Toronto to get McD, they would have to start with either Marner / Nylander.

#1 Dman - You best be prepared to part with 1 of your top young players.
lol crazy. higher chance mcd leaves you for nothing than leafs giving up either players for him.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

what else do you need?
McDonagh isn't the difference between how we last played against Boston and beating the Bruins in a 7 game series.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
He basically means that Toronto would only have him for 18 months and are incapable of signing him after his contract is up.
Incapable? Hard to say until we know what Matthews/Marner/Nylander get....but will they want to re-sign a 30 year old to a long term high dollar contract?

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
DWAYNE.jpg

164726-425x282-Past-due-mortgage.jpg

clickbait-everywhere.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad