May 25, 2011
NYR :
Liljegren
Leivo
2019 1st
2018 2nd

Tor:
Mcdonagh

I'd do that for OEL and probably add (I'd but I have reservations with that, without adds or changes for McDonagh. Just think OEL fits our team better, is a bit younger, and plays more of a dynamic, modern style game.

Reactions: jrgtml67

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Liljegren is not enough for Ryan Mc. - maybe if u switch the 1st in 2018 and we are closer to a deal, because we need to aim for snipers in this draft, and 2018 is a deep draft with many promising high end prospects. Otherwise I like the proposal. :)
Maybe Leivo will play on our 4th line so it`s a minor upgrade.

actually thought the rangers would prefer the 2019 pick. the 2018 pick is looking like 26 overall right now

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd do that for OEL and probably add (I'd but I have reservations with that, without adds or changes for McDonagh. Just think OEL fits our team better, is a bit younger, and plays more of a dynamic, modern style game.

Mcdonagh is much better in his own end though. as dynamic a puck mover OEL is, he is average at best in his own end

Reactions: Ori

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Agreed you cant just give a potential star in Tim away ...not for Mcdonagh. Oel yes...but back in December AZ was reportedly asking for Nylander which is a huge joke...lets see a core piece possible top 2 center for a guy approaching his prime with numbers last yr that matched Zaitsevs exactly almost. This yr Zaits has been hurt.

Also people should get off the D horse already. Though tsn and sportsnet changed their damn minds on the quiz..asking which D would we be in on. After saying we need a center the week before..all to start a conversation and rumors.

To me we have to keep in mind Babcock type players. Guys Babs would ask Lou for. This is why Nash fits. Ya ok hes a winger so what...hes top 6 winger on a garbage team. Hed murder it on Pitts, Tampa..imagine..or Boston wow. If we dont gettem hopefully he goes west. Where does he fit...well get him trade JVR that simple. Then he fits, put him with Matthews or Kadri and we are a serious contender. Not to be overlooked and the biggest point of this...he is great on D. A million times better than JVR in that respect.

Centerwise..I still have no clue whod we go for. Sheary maybe?

In summary first think of who Babcock would write on a wish list. Go from there. There are players out there that fit his mould of what a real player is.

He preaches 2 way big time, showing up every night, doing things the right way.

On that note Im a huge Marleau fan but I think he maybe better on the 4th line..IF we get a guy like Nash for eg.

Anyone any ideas on a center we could have in mind. I cant think of one

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
actually thought the rangers would prefer the 2019 pick. the 2018 pick is looking like 26 overall right now

Maybe there are something about the draft I don`t understand - we`ve only 9 teams below us on the league table right now, and I doubt we get into playoffs this year after loss vs Islanders and Wilds in regulation.

- And we`ve 9 teams below us on the table: Florida, Hawks, Destroit, Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouer, Ottawa, Buffalo, Arizona.

Draft Rules | NHL.com - The National Hockey League

NHL Draft Order
Picks 1-14

• Consists of 14 teams that missed the Playoffs
  • Teams Draft highest to lowest from Least Points to Most Points
  • Bottom 14 teams in Points for the season put into weighted lottery
  • Winner cannot move up more than 4 positions if they win the lottery
  • Teams cannot move down more than one position
Picks 15-30
  • Clubs eliminated first 2 rounds
  • Non Division winner
  • Division winner
Clubs eliminated in conference finals
Stanley Cup runner up
Stanley Cup winner

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
It is completely unrealistic. Any young players on roster are 100% off limits with the exception of Leivo, Carrick and Borgman. Full stop. Babcock would likely riot if Lou even breathed the names of Hyman or Brown, as well.

Leafs will trade prospects within their system and picks. They'd probably go nuts with picks. Plus any veteran on their roster as long as it makes sense. Leafs aren't going to wreck a huge chunk of what makes them successful in the hopes of potentially fixing something that makes them struggle. It's like the absolutely dumbest move any team would make. (see: Oilers) why? Because something is working. And the thing that isn't may actually still not work and look! Now we can't defend or score!

Just look how the Leafs said JVR is unavailable... they would NOT sacrifice his offense for an improvement... what makes you think in any way shape or form that they would offer an infinitely more valuable piece?! Leafs aren't going to destroy their rebuild to satisfy the jollies of some HFBoards rangers fan.

OK then :laugh:

Looks like you are an insider and know exactly what the Leafs would give up for Ryan McDonagh.

.......and LMAO at your Hyman and Brown comment.

So sacrifice one Toronto’s strong top 6 players where the team has high scoring for a #1 dman who will tighten up a very average defense - Logic.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Maybe there are something about the draft I don`t understand - we`ve only 9 teams below us on the league table right now, and I doubt we get into playoffs this year after loss vs Islanders and Wilds in regulation.

- And we`ve 9 teams below us on the table: Florida, Hawks, Destroit, Montreal, Edmonton, Vancouer, Ottawa, Buffalo, Arizona.

NHL Draft Order
Picks 1-14

Picks 15-30
  • Non Division winner
  • Division winner
Stanley Cup runner up
Stanley Cup winner
This doesnt make any sense since Flyers jumped 11 spots and Dallas moved up 5 spots with Avs dropping 3 Spots.

Is this newly introduced this year?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Gardiner + 1st + 2nd

Either keep Gardiner or move him for another 1st + 2nd

If that doesn't work for NYR, well then we tried our best and we'll move on.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

NHL Draft Order
Picks 1-14

Picks 15-30
  • Non Division winner
  • Division winner
Stanley Cup runner up
Stanley Cup winner

yeah rangers have a solid shot to end up picking top 10.
the leafs pick is gonna be early 20's at best

Reactions: Ori

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Gardiner + 1st + 2nd

Either keep Gardiner or move him for another 1st + 2nd

If that doesn't work for NYR, well then we tried our best and we'll move on.
Yeah, moving Gardiner seems to be the only way it could work for the Leafs. Maybe if we could organize a 3-way trade if there was a team willing to give up some futures for Gardiner, and the Leafs add to those futures for McDonaugh.

McD-Zaitsev
Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Polak/Carrick

Would really ease my concerns about our defense for the next 2 years.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

NHL Draft Order
Picks 1-14

Picks 15-30
  • Non Division winner
  • Division winner
Stanley Cup runner up
Stanley Cup winner

That is the old system. Any of the 15 non playoff teams can move up to the top 3 spots now and their odds are determined by their regular season standings.
Example from 2016 when T.O. Won: Draft Lottery Rules and Odds

and last seasons odds: NHL Draft Lottery Set For April 29; Odds Released
This doesnt make any sense since Flyers jumped 11 spots and Dallas moved up 5 spots with Avs dropping 3 Spots.

Is this newly introduced this year?

Nope, thats the really old way, from when the oilers used to win every year.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
More like moving Reilly is the only thing that makes sense in this deal
Reilly +Leivo?+A pic to be argued about .
Gards Hainsey
McD Borgman
Dermott Holl /Liljegren/Polak

Rangers get what fanboys think is a top D plus a young center .The Leafs get to be awesome .

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Gards Hainsey
McD Borgman

Rangers get what fanboys think is a top D plus a young center .The Leafs get to be awesome .
moving Rielly to get McDonagh would be beyond stupid and counterproductive

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Gards Hainsey
McD Borgman

Its I before E except when you play for Minnesota or Buffalo... or something like that.

And Rielly has been better than McD, is locked up to a fantastic deal long term and is 100% part of the core moving forward. Not moving him unless its for a blatant rip off, which this clearly isnt. 1.5 years of McD isnt enough for Mo, youd have to add huge from the NYR to the point it wouldnt make any sense for them.

Edit: Also those lines show you know nothing about the leafs defence. Nothing at all.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Gards Hainsey
McD Borgman

Lol...no. Moving Rielly makes zero sense.

Reactions: Skin Tape Session

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
Its I before E except when you play for Minnesota or Buffalo... or something like that.

And Rielly has been better than McD, is locked up to a fantastic deal long term and is 100% part of the core moving forward. Not moving him unless its for a blatant rip off, which this clearly isnt. 1.5 years of McD isnt enough for Mo, youd have to add huge from the NYR to the point it wouldnt make any sense for them.

Edit: Also those lines show you know nothing about the leafs defence. Nothing at all.

Take my like you beautiful bastard

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Gards Hainsey
McD Borgman

Yikes. I need to get a glass of water after being exposed to this much salt.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

He's a Nucks fan with an inferiority complex. I feel bad for the little fella.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
been Leafs fan since before you were liquid in your daddy 's sac , you fanboys can't grasp that he is the modern Lebda sure he racks up 30 -40 pounts a year but he ends up with the worst +/- of our D corps while benefitting from the + of the power play .Gets walked more than my neighbours dog but you want to keep him over Gards who may look ugly sometimrs but overall is a beast in every stat . The only way to get a top level player is to give away what others think is a top player .

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
been Leafs fan since before you were liquid in your daddy 's sac , you fanboys can't grasp that he is the modern Lebda sure he racks up 30 -40 pounts a year but he ends up with the worst +/- of our D corps while benefitting from the + of the power play .Gets walked more than my neighbours dog but you want to keep him over Gards who may look ugly sometimrs but overall is a beast in every stat . The only way to get a top level player is to give away what others think is a top player .
Benefitting from the + of the power play. Dkm. No one tell him why it's so dumb. Although when you're living in such an alternate reality that Rielly=Lebda, it wouldn't even matter.

Reactions: Lahey

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well, 1st off, this is bullshit....secondly, the rest is just wrong.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad