Eklund Rumor: Nashville- Toronto- Rangers

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
I know it's Eklund but he's reporting of a possible 3 team trade which would see Toronto receive Ryan Mcdonagh and Nashville receiving Rick Nash. One has assume the Rangers would be getting a huge haul of picks and nhl ready prospects with this type of move.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
I've no idea how he managed it, but Eklund previously had some actual legit sources in Nashville, even as recently as the Johansen trade. He doesn't seem to anymore though.

Reactions: Morrison

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
2 for 6 deal possibly?

They might lock this thread up.

It seems unlikely that NSH are part of TWO 3-way deals in 1 season .

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I know it's Eklund but he's reporting of a possible 3 team trade which would see Toronto receive Ryan Mcdonagh and Nashville receiving Rick Nash. One has assume the Rangers would be getting a huge haul of picks and nhl ready prospects with this type of move.
That's not even a 3-way trade. That's two trades from the NYR, one to Nashville and one to TO. Unless TO and Nashville swap assets, which you haven't mentioned...

Reactions: haveandare

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
That's not even a 3-way trade. That's two trades from the NYR, one to Nashville and one to TO. Unless TO and Nashville swap assets, which you haven't mentioned...

In his report, he doesn't mention any other assets besides the 2 mentioned above, he on states it would be a 3 team trade which then I would assume Nashville or Toronto would be receiving assets from one another

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
If every Eklund rumor is going to start with "I know it's Eklund, but", maybe we should just stop posting his rumors.
he has no sources ....and Toronto management doesn't leak anything ..or your fired lol

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
perhaps doing a 3 way trade between Nash/Tor/NY makes sense as... toronto is at 50 contracts... NYR is at 48... Toronto would be moving out potentially multiple contracts so having Nashville with 43 helps a complicated trade

so if there is a trade in the works involving the 3... it may just be 2 separate trades bound together in order to make the contracts work within the limit...

with that said, it's Eklund so it's unlikely.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
scared as to what the leafs would give up if this was true. maybe eklund is just exaggerating

Last edited:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
What do you mean quick fix?
I think Liferleafer is implying that McDonagh would not stick around past the end of his contract, which is believable as his contract expiration aligns with Marner and Matthews', and McDonagh is going to want a raise, so it'll be tought to fit everyone.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Why would you not want Ryan Mcdonagh? he is the piece the Leafs need, add him and you are a legitimate contender, and I personally think they are already.

A. Cost to acquire (will be to high IMO)
B. 1.5 years until he is 30 and due a monster contract
C. I don't think he makes us a contender

Reactions: Brock Radunske

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
McDonagh would be an excellent pickup depending on the cost. Can't think of a better suited player for the Leafs needs.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad