Nashville Predators Hockey Talk 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I’ve seen several different talking heads around Nashville mention Andrey Kuzmenko of Vancouver being a player the Predators organization should target.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I’ve seen several different talking heads around Nashville mention Andrey Kuzmenko of Vancouver being a player the Predators organization should target.
If the price is right I wouldn't mind taking a shot on him especially since Sherwood has regressed quit a bit. That being said the problem in Vancouver seems to be a lack of forechecking and defensive tenacity, which is what has landed several of the younger guys in the doghouse already this year so I'm not sure its a great fit with what Bruno is trying to accomplish.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The “star” players are not going to get benched. Ever. Fair or not, that’s the nature of professional sports. Always has been, always will be.
It's cathartic for fans to vocalize the fact they want a player benched even if it's not realistic.

On the other hand, minutes can be distributed differently if need be, not that Josi will realistically see less TOI either. Like it or not, they will continue to live and die by the sword named Roman Josi.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

Im open to the idea as long as it doesnt cost anything other than a barrie. I think his first season was an anomaly and this is more in line with what to expect. He is an upgrade on the sherwoods of the world but he isnt really out producing tomasino by that much even though he is on a team that is producing at a fairly better rate than nashville is. So is this much larger caphit really worth the upgrade? I also bet we end up keeping barrie and send fabbro instead because you know "f'n fabbro"

Reactions: predhead1

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Im open to the idea as long as it doesnt cost anything other than a barrie. I think his first season was an anomaly and this is more in line with what to expect. He is an upgrade on the sherwoods of the world but he isnt really out producing tomasino by that much even though he is on a team that is producing at a fairly better rate than nashville is. So is this much larger caphit really worth the upgrade? I also bet we end up keeping barrie and send fabbro instead because you know "f'n fabbro"
Why would Vancouver want Barrie anyways? I mean they may want to move the guy but I think I could come up with someone at least as good for a heck of a lot cheaper.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Though there is a different forecheck system both were high pressure. There were all kinds of odd man rushes last season because of the forecheck system being high risk high reward and the players not being urgent getting to their marks, hence, more risk than reward. Hynes actually used two forechecking schemes, one being passive, depending on the situation and so does Brunette but to a lesser extent.
Yep. I'd say the difference is Coach B. is asking his guys to play that aggressive pressure more. It's actually fun to watch when we're able to clog passing lanes and create turnovers in the offensive zone. I think he leans more into a strategy of giving up "a few" more chances against with generating "more" goals for. (Whether that's actually bearing out in the numbers is an exercise for the reader.)

Coach H. was much more defensive minded. He was comfortable with collapsing back into the defensive zone and clogging up the middle of the ice. His strategy was suppressing their scoring, if not their offensive zone time, and maybe counterpunching to their frustration.

Anyway, the point was merely that the difference in emphasis could be leaving Saros with more time "on an island" than in the last few seasons. Whether that is causing him to press or adjust his own game in a negative way could be a secondary effect. :dunno:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
kuzmenko makes too much sense.

Lets evaluate:
- Can probably be had relatively cheap with assets that are expendable to us (fabbro)

- Literally scored 70+ pts a year ago on a very mid vancouver squad

- relatively cheap

- fills our most glaring void (2nd line lw) - a major upgrade over Sherwood

whats not to like?

I’d be cool with Fabbro +glass for Kuzmenko

Imagine….

Forsberg- ROR-Nyquist
Kuzmenko-Novak-Evangelista
-major upgrade, Novak gets the true scoring winger he has never had
Parsinnen-Sissons-Tomasino - a proper third line
Smith-Mccarron-Trenin - A great 4th line

Sherwood

Josi- Carrier
Mcdonough-Stastny
Lauzon-Schenn
Barrie

based off this fwd cohort we have

an 80 pts + player (ff9)

2 70ish pts guys (kuz , ROR)

2 50-60 pt players (novak, nyquist)

2 40 ish pt players (vange, tomasino)

3 30 ish pt guys (parsinnen, sissons, trenin)

2 good bottom 6 guys (mccarron, smith)

Last edited:

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Why would Vancouver want Barrie anyways? I mean they may want to move the guy but I think I could come up with someone at least as good for a heck of a lot cheaper.
Zadorov loves playing with Barrie. Jon Scott podcast...literally out of his own mouth

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
And? I don't know too many decent NHL GM's who are trading for players just because a random Dman likes playing with someone, especially one that isn't very good :laugh:
Yeah Quinn Hughes may have that pull but Zadorov definitely doesn’t. That being said there were some Canucks fans earlier in the year that thought a Barrie-Kuzmenko trade was a decent deal. Granted Barrie’s stock has dropped a lot since then but so has Kuzmenko

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
This sucks to say but you can see Josi slowing down , and he is becoming a TURNOVER machine that usualy result in 2on 1 goals .

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
This week:
Home game against anaheim on tuesday
Before returning to dallas on friday then jetting back home to face the islanders on saturday

Only 3 games:

We just snuck a win from Dallas so we know what thats like. Anaheim is once again at the bottom of the league but if our bottom 9 continues to not produce winning wont come easy. The Islanders are roughly where we are in the league when it comes to points percent.

On the wild card front, Edmonton has officially slipped into WC2. Still a decent change they overtake us for WC1. Blues and Yotes can also still catch us. We need to keep piling up points.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
We still cannot hold a two goal lead.

Gave up three against a team missing its top scoring defenseman / PP QB. Luckily Forsberg found a way to take over for a few shifts and get the puck past their backup goalie while Oettinger is out.

We are getting a struggling Ducks team next. ... but at Bridgestone where the Preds are struggling. Time to see which version shows up; Jekyll or Hyde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad