Series Talk: Nashville Predators (6) vs Arizona Coyotes (11)

Who will win?

• Total voters

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I feel like the NHL is missing out on some opportunity to publicize this return. Is it just me or does it seem like, with basically a week to go until the playoffs, there just isn't much excitement being generated? I mean, there's a little, which is more than months of absolutely nothing. But with the cone of silence basically dropped over training camps, is that perhaps keeping the excitement levels down, unnecessarily?

I kind of think they're past the stage now where it's likely that it'll all be called off. So if they were ever maybe being cautious for that reason, that worry should probably be mostly over.

:dunno:

Reactions: bdub24

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Just saw that the league had received videos of fans from all 24 teams replicating specific team chants....

Wonder which ones they chose of ours? And who did the videos?

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Just saw that the league had received videos of fans from all 24 teams replicating specific team chants....

Wonder which ones they chose of ours? And who did the videos?

I expect them to get the chants wrong or not say the whole thing. Color me shocked if they prove me wrong.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Not sure if it explicitly says this, but that means Tomasino, Pitlick, Davies, Harpur, Santini were cut from the Phase 3 camp.

I guess I would have mildly expected Pitlick and one of those D to go and just 3 goalies, for 18-10-3, but the difference is irrelevant.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not sure if it explicitly says this, but that means Tomasino, Pitlick, Davies, Harpur, Santini were cut from the Phase 3 camp.

I guess I would have mildly expected Pitlick and one of those D to go and just 3 goalies, for 18-10-3, but the difference is irrelevant.

It looks like the guys who got cut were the ones with very limited experience with the current "main" team, ie that the need for chemistry and experience was considered most important.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Well I can see if a Goalie gets hurt in a game you have to have a back-up so you take your own goalies as back-ups. And in case of multiple injuries in a game...

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Crazy we're under a week away from playoff hockey. Will be interesting to see who starts in goal and the line combos in the exhibition Friday. I assume that this will be much more like a real game than the typical preseason exhibition so what they go with will probably be what we see Sunday.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Crazy we're under a week away from playoff hockey. Will be interesting to see who starts in goal and the line combos in the exhibition Friday. I assume that this will be much more like a real game than the typical preseason exhibition so what they go with will probably be what we see Sunday.

If you plan on watching the exhibition game on Friday, you will miss it. Preds play the Stars on Thursday at 4pm est. But I too want to see some game action. I am sure both goalies will see action against the Stars.

Reactions: glenngineer

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Edev-tiXgAAw_Ed

Always seems like Preds on USA network, must be the wrestling fans who think Nashville loves them some WWE.

Can you imagine if you were somehow able to get into the building in Edmonton (or Toronto)?? To be able to basically sit there all day long watching NHL playoff hockey games up close and personal??

Would be incredible.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I think Hynes will go with Pekka game 1. I think Saros is the right choice though.
Agreed. It's just not a lot of time for anybody to really evaluate things, though, and certainly for us on the outside with ZERO insight, it's really not going to be possible to be able to second-guess the decision-making process meaningfully. Obviously Saros was carrying the ball down the stretch. But the "safe" conservative option is probably to go back to Rinne.

I guess we'll see. Soon - surprisingly soon!!!

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I think Hynes will go with Pekka game 1. I think Saros is the right choice though.

If this becomes a war of attrition, I honestly like the Preds chances. Rinne/Saros, Ingram (please note that other team's SHOULD have attrition too). Washington might be FUBARed goalie wise already. Yes, Holtby but after him is Pheonix Copley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad