Series Talk: Nashville Predators (6) vs Arizona Coyotes (11)

Who will win?

• Total voters

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
So day one you have:

JOFA
The Grand Duchy line
'merica!

I'm hoping for an 'Africa' line of TOlvanen and TOmassino

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Liking the line combinations..

if JOFA can get going again, we basically have two dominant lines with them and the Bonino line. Turris and Granlund also looked a lot better and more confident under Hynes so I have hope for the 2nd line as well.

As for defense, Josi should continue his amazing season and I believe Ellis has something to prove from last year's disappointment. For the bottom pairs, just keep it simple and hope that Tinordi and Holzer/Weber can maintain the level of play from when Hynes came in.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Also, could the "unfit to play" possibly mean that the player has a medical condition so the league won't allow them to play?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I assume "unfit to play" could mean anything from COVID to an injury sustained during the pause to being stuck in Russia and unable to get back to the USA or Canada due to travel restrictions

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I assume "unfit to play" could mean anything from COVID to an injury sustained during the pause to being stuck in Russia and unable to get back to the USA or Canada due to travel restrictions
Long as it's not " I sat on my butt for 3 months drinking beer and doing nothing " it's all good.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Long as it's not " I sat on my butt for 3 months drinking beer and doing nothing " it's all good.
That is the very first thought I had about him when I read about his status. I mean he was unfit to play for long stretches anyway....

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Unfit to play could mean coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID and being in quarantine until given the all clear.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
And this is why they should just tell us. I can't see how there would be any stigma associated with having Covid. So the ultra-secrecy is just causing more rampant, unnecessary, speculation.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
So are there going to be any "preseason" games or is everything intrasquad until the 1st?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
So are there going to be any "preseason" games or is everything intrasquad until the 1st?

There are a few days of exhibition games between arrival at the hub cities and the start of the qualifiers. I don't think they have announced any sort of schedule for that yet though. Will be interesting to see what the intensity of those exhibition games are.

Reactions: PredsV82

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Unfit to play could mean coming into contact with someone who tested positive for COVID and being in quarantine until given the all clear.
The way the Preds deal with injury and now illness inquiries goes beyond silly. They act like they’re dealing with the Toronto media and they’re not. They act like the league restricts what they can release about injuries but they don’t. “Unfit to play” sounds horrible. So we assume horrible. The only thing that leads me to(unfit to play) is the substance abuse program. So if it’s not that then their use of that terminology is damaging to the player. Foolishness to their fans.

Reactions: bdub24

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
As far as I can tell, the league has mandated that all players unable to participate for any reason are to be reported "unfit to play" to avoid outing any individual for any specific reasons.

Look around the league, it's not just the Predators, every team has an "unfit to play" list.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I appreciate that they picked matchups with some bad blood for the exhibitions. Us vs. Dallas, Battle of Alberta, Pens vs. Flyers.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Part of me has me scratching my head as to why anyone would make a prediction on this series or any other based on this past seasons play. It was 4 months ago and so many teams will be in a totally different position than they were then.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Part of me has me scratching my head as to why anyone would make a prediction on this series or any other based on this past seasons play. It was 4 months ago and so many teams will be in a totally different position than they were then.

Agreed, I mean there are always upsets in the playoffs but at least you have an idea going in that which teams are strong and which teams are weaker. Now, you don't have any idea whatsoever because the season essentially starts from scratch.

I think special teams and goaltending are going to play a huge role especially early in the tournament. Younger teams should also have a bit of an advantage, as they show during the regular season. Older guys haven't probably spent that much time working out and getting ready as they have spent time with their families etc. whereas the younger guys will come out more prepared physically, I believe.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
The times work okay for me, but is there a list of channels? Because I no longer get the NHL Network. Hopefully these are still on FS-TN, NBCSN and NBC.

With there only being 1 game at a time it's got to be on NBCSN.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It may be that the games will be simulcast on the local networks with enough games to fulfill contracts. Broadcast rights are owned by NBC (in the past solely only after the first round) but I haven't seen any listings provided. One would think NBCSN to the final round then NBC.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
It may be that the games will be simulcast on the local networks with enough games to fulfill contracts. Broadcast rights are owned by NBC (in the past solely only after the first round) but I haven't seen any listings provided. One would think NBCSN to the final round then NBC.

I could see it being like normal playoffs. First 1-2 rounds also get a local broadcast and then it goes national only.

Will they be on local radio?

I would have to think yes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad