Series Talk: Nashville Predators (6) vs Arizona Coyotes (11)

Who will win?

• Total voters

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I just hope that last night wasn't a case of the Stars being totally unready and making the Preds look better than they are. This game also probably had more urgency for the Preds since the Stars still have to wait until the play-in round is over.

On top of that, we scored two goals and they were both by the same player. I'd feel better if we had scored 3+ with various lines contributing. But in the end, it was an exhibition game, and we probably can't really infer anything meaningful until at least the first twenty minutes of game 2 against the Yotes when each team has had a chance to feel things out and start making adjustments.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I just hope that last night wasn't a case of the Stars being totally unready and making the Preds look better than they are. This game also probably had more urgency for the Preds since the Stars still have to wait until the play-in round is over.

On top of that, we scored two goals and they were both by the same player. I'd feel better if we had scored 3+ with various lines contributing. But in the end, it was an exhibition game, and we probably can't really infer anything meaningful until at least the first twenty minutes of game 2 against the Yotes when each team has had a chance to feel things out and start making adjustments.

Yeah it's hard to read too much into an exhibition game especially with the Stars missing Seguin and as you noted likely having less urgency to get going compared to us. Still I'll take a shutout with good special teams play as a good sign. I expect given what we've seen from Hynes philosophy thus far and the Coyotes playing style that we're likely in for a low scoring series where special teams could be the real difference maker.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

Completely agree and I wasn't thrilled with the 3rd period either. For that game being the teams only shot to get minutes in a game against another team before a best of 5 series I would have liked to see a stronger finish that didn't look like the pre-Hynes Preds desperately trying to hold a lead.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017

You know that in the regular season that first goal by Arvidsson hits Joey right in the leg and doesn't go in. And a shot off Saros' mask goes 2 inches to the left and into the top corner, or Rinne slides a little too far on a scramble, and the complexion of the game changes. To watch that game and listen to the narrative, the team was fully in control and in the driver's seat all the way through, for a relatively easy win.

But a lot of games that might have turned out like that in the regular season... didn't turn out like that.

So it's a lot better than looking like a total mess, of course. But ultimately it's going to take even more once the real games start.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What I liked in that game was our defensive structure and effort. The Stars had some good possession in our zone but we didn't give them any looks from the cycle. Their best opportunities came off the rush or from our mistake to clear the puck, which has to be better going forward.

Ultimately, after a long lay-off, the structure is what matters the most. The fancy goals etc. they will come at a time but it's the defensive effort that wins you the games early in this tournament.

Also, the special teams were rock-solid. Even on the PP's they didn't convert they had the looks and the chances. On the PK, they didn't give the Stars much. The special teams are going to be crucial in the Best-of-five series.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Let’s kick some coyote ass today!!!!!

I purposely didn’t watch any of the other series so my first fill of hockey can be my Preds!! So excited for this today!! Chicken wings and hockey it is!

Let’s go Preds!!!! Finally!!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Is someone supposed to put a game thread on the main board?

Well the mods usually copy the "home" teams GDT to the main boards. Not sure how a 5 game series in a bubble would consider works as far as home but if I had to say I'm guessing we are "home" for this game

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I see FS TN 1:30 eastern and game @ 2. Also see game @2 on USA
eastern

Yeah, score app is wrong. Pregame starts in 5 minutes and game is at 1 central.

Someone please do a bare bones GDT, at least.

(My record is irredeemably horrid, so it cant be me with so much on the line)

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I finally voted in my own poll, ARZ 3-0 hopefully this jinxes them, and if we lose I think this is the type of season why you clap the dirt off your hands and say “Well, at least we have some handsome Scandinavians on our team”.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So now that this shitshow is over, I get to say this, and I dont care how many people disagree or think I'm stupid..

But... we score 4, 3, 3, and 1. I firmly believe with Pekka in net we are at worst going to game 5 and possibly already in the next round.

Reactions: JR303

JR303

Feb 28, 2008
So now that this shitshow is over, I get to say this, and I dont care how many people disagree or think I'm stupid..

But... we score 4, 3, 3, and 1. I firmly believe with Pekka in net we are at worst going to game 5 and possibly already in the next round.

Arizona is also absolutely brutal when they are ahead to play against. They are also pretty bad at coming back. Being behind what seems like 3 complete games was a killer.

I agree Voldy. Seems like bad management by Hynes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->