Proposal: Nashville-Ottawa

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Not much more. Ellis is a top pairing right handed pmd, which are valued higher.
Ellis is a ufa who will probably not want to sign with a team who is about to go full rebuild. Ottawa will look for futures. I'd love to have stone on our team though. But I don't think they make a deal for him unless they get futures. Ellis petterson and a pick?

Last edited:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
So if I read this right, not only does one player in this deal agree to an extension to make it work, something that no NHL players ever do, but TWO players are agreeing to a sign-and-trade extension in this deal? Does that seem probable to you?

Why does every poster seem to think their deal is going to be the one where an NHL player acts against type, and is a pioneer?

Why would any player of UFA age, with a plethora of options, agree to a long extension to go to Ottawa right now? They're rudderless, bad owner, bad building, uncertain arena future, and they're going to be in the cellar for some time. UFAs are going to avoid it like the plague.

Reactions: Viqsi

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hey, Turris agreed to an extension!

Probably Stone would also to come to Nashville and be happy to extend. That shouldn't be such a stretch.

Although of course the odds of Ellis extending in Ottawa are... well. I don't see how Ottawa can make the trade like this. They probably need to latch on to young assets who they control and can't just wriggle out of the tire fire. So you have to start offering them stuff more like blue-chip prospects or 1st round picks, don't you? Or worst case, players who are haplessly locked in to term on their contracts, like an Ekholm or somebody like that. Which then of course defeats the purpose for Nashville. I'll take Stone, but I don't see Ellis as making a sensible cornerstone of the offer to get him.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Jesus

This f***ing thread. Lock 'er up. I didn't think so many people could be so misinformed at one time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad