Proposal: Nashville-Ottawa

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
If Tolvanen is playing good by January 1st I am all for this trade.

So after January 1st 2019

To Nashville:
Mark Stone(with extension)
Brady Tkachuk

To Ottawa:
Ryan Ellis(with extension)
Kevin Fiala
Craig Smith

I believe this move makes our(Predators) top six more complete as long as Tolvanen can take Fialas spot.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Tolvanen-Turris-Stone

Thoughts?

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I don’t see the value there for the Sens to do this. Trading Stone is one thing, adding in the player they drafted with a high pick is something completely different.

Reactions: derriko

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I imagine Ryan Ellis with an extension is close to the value of mark stone with the impending free agency. And Fiala right now is better than tkatchuk especially with whatever’s going on with his contract decision. Craig smith could probably be switched for a 2nd or so to balance value. Really just depends on if sens management thinks they’ll lose both stone and tkatchuk for nothing

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I imagine Ryan Ellis with an extension is close to the value of mark stone with the impending free agency. And Fiala right now is better than tkatchuk especially with whatever’s going on with his contract decision. Craig smith could probably be switched for a 2nd or so to balance value. Really just depends on if sens management thinks they’ll lose both stone and tkatchuk for nothing
Nope the send aren't trading tkachuk when they chose him over possibly getting Hughes next year it would make them look too stupid.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
I don’t get the Fiala hate. The kid is a stud. And he’s proven. To each his own, I guess.

I think this is a pretty close deal. A cost-controlled Ellis for one year definitely has value. His PPG pace was stellar once he came back from injury.
Fiala started off on the 3rd line and didn’t get a ton of ice time until the arrival of Turris and STILL put up over 50 points.

I’d take out Brady and Kevin+Craig.

I’d do Ellis and a draft pick for Stone. Not a first though. The cap hit and probability of going UFA takes from that.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Not sure why either team would do this. Fiala is finally coming up and looking like a solid Top 6 winger, Craig Smith had a good season for once in his contract extension, and losing Ryan Ellis would be a huge loss for us. For Ottawa, it makes absolutely no sense trading Tkachuk, after you just drafted him, and Mark Stone who is easily your best forward. Just a trade that doesn’t work for either team.

Reactions: RickP and Viqsi

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

To Ottawa:

Thoughts?

I think folks who make trade proposals which include extensions, can't think of realistic trades. Do you really think Ellis is going to forego free agency and sign with that hell hole in Ottawa?
Even worse is the thought the in January with Cup hopeful Preds. So they go to a key piece, Ellis, tell him him isn't wanted, and they are going to allow him to make an extension deal so the Preds will trade him to Ottawa. Yea, Ellis is really going to feel real good about being a Pred. And if no extension can be made (why should it?), Ellis now has to play for a team that doesn't want him.
See how unrealistic "sign and trades" are, especially in mid season?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Yeah I'm sure the Sens are just chomping at the bit to trade Tkachuk so they won't "lose him for nothing". Are you kidding me?

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
Why would we think we’d lose Tkachuk for nothing? We have his rights for 4 years.

I wouldn’t actually mind Stone for Ellis but not sure why Ellis would agree to coming to nhl purgatory.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY

To Nashville:
Brady Tkachuk

To Ottawa:
Kevin Fiala
Craig Smith

I believe this move makes our(Predators) top six more complete as long as Tolvanen can take Fialas spot.

Tolvanen-Turris-Stone

Thoughts?

I'm a Preds fan so I come in peace.

1: Why Tkachuk? Stone is enough
2: Who does Nashville get to fill Ellis' spot?
3: You are taking 2 guys from the top 6 to get Stone, ok. Worthwhile. but why is Ellis in the deal then?
4: As a Preds fan, you are gutting the depth for a very good player. If this trade were to occur, you basically turn Ottawa to a low playoff team/high end lottery team.

Smith: 25G 26A, Fiala: 23G 25A Ellis (In half a season): 9G 23A. That's a ton of goals for Stone: 20G 42A

I will give credit that Stone did this in 58 games but hell no. You are giving 2/3rd of a lower end 1st line for Stone AND throwing in Ellis for a rookie.

This is a hard no.

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Why would we think we’d lose Tkachuk for nothing? We have his rights for 4 years.

I wouldn’t actually mind Stone for Ellis but not sure why Ellis would agree to coming to nhl purgatory.

Because some moron made a thread on the front board and now others of his or her ilk think that there must be something to it besides ignorance and arrogance.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

To Nashville:
Brady Tkachuk

To Ottawa:
Kevin Fiala
Craig Smith

Tolvanen-Turris-Stone

Thoughts?
Horrible for Ottawa

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ellis is not worth Stone.

How is it in one thread an extended Karlsson isnt worth close to this return now this is a good deal for Ottawa? So much bias against Ottawa with ridiculous double standards.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm a Preds fan so I come in peace.

1: Why Tkachuk? Stone is enough
2: Who does Nashville get to fill Ellis' spot?
3: You are taking 2 guys from the top 6 to get Stone, ok. Worthwhile. but why is Ellis in the deal then?
4: As a Preds fan, you are gutting the depth for a very good player. If this trade were to occur, you basically turn Ottawa to a low playoff team/high end lottery team.

Smith: 25G 26A, Fiala: 23G 25A Ellis (In half a season): 9G 23A. That's a ton of goals for Stone: 20G 42A

I will give credit that Stone did this in 58 games but hell no. You are giving 2/3rd of a lower end 1st line for Stone AND throwing in Ellis for a rookie.

This is a hard no.
You can find players like Fiala and Smith anywhere, Mark Stone is a top 5 rw and selke candidate.

Cherry pick Stones stats more lol 62 points in 59 games on a garbage team. Why argue this way when you know youre wrong. What a waste of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad