Proposal: Nashville-Ottawa

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Sure, what line would he play on in Nashville?

He's better than Arvidsson, so if he manages to show the same chemistry with Johansen and Forsberg, 1st line. In fact I'd reckon he'd be better than Forsberg. Also, if we're going to use the what line would he play on, you know an elite winger could come on Nashville have poor chemistry with the top line and not play on the top line?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Mark Stone career NHL numbers: 249 points in 307 games (0.81 points per game), generally playing about 18-20 minutes per game.
Filip Forsberg career NHL numbers: 255 points in 331 games (0.77 points per game), generally playing about 18 minutes per game.

Forsberg shoots more (931 career shots versus Stone's 613) and correspondingly has more goals. Stone has many more assists to close the gap.

Stone has four full NHL years and has never dropped below 50 points in any of those seasons. The same is also true of Forsberg. Fiala - the guy you're saying Stone is most like right now - has never reached 50 points. (Although I have high hopes for him in coming years.)

Want to try again?

Not to mention Stone is one of the best defensive wingers in the NHL, while Forsberg is good he's not a true Selke level winger by any means. Fiala is definitely not anything special defensively.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
He's better than Arvidsson, so if he manages to show the same chemistry with Johansen and Forsberg, 1st line. In fact I'd reckon he'd be better than Forsberg. Also, if we're going to use the what line would he play on, you know an elite winger could come on Nashville have poor chemistry with the top line and not play on the top line?

I think everyone here overvalues someone who can pass the puck. There are literally hundreds of players with good assist numbers, Stone is a solid top tier 2nd-line winger. 1st-line only if there are no viable scoring options (like in Ottawa). You guys are overly attached, I get it, but the Preds don't need Martin Erat 2.0. We need 30+ goal scorers if we're moving our depth pieces.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I think everyone here overvalues someone who can pass the puck. There are literally hundreds of players with good assist numbers, Stone is a solid top tier 2nd-line winger. 1st-line only if there are no viable scoring options (like in Ottawa). You guys are overly attached, I get it, but the Preds don't need Martin Erat 2.0. We need 30+ goal scorers if we're moving our depth pieces.

Mark Stone is without a doubt a #1 winger. Theres actually no debate and im not even a Sens fan.

Reactions: Chr1s97

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hon, seriously. Quit while you're ahead. "Not the right piece for the Preds" and "he's a second-line winger" are absolutely not the same thing. Stop conflating them.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

This wins “funniest post of the day”.

Congratulations!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If Tolvanen is playing good by January 1st I am all for this trade.

So after January 1st 2019

To Nashville:
Mark Stone(with extension)
Brady Tkachuk

To Ottawa:
Ryan Ellis(with extension)
Kevin Fiala
Craig Smith

I believe this move makes our(Predators) top six more complete as long as Tolvanen can take Fialas spot.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Tolvanen-Turris-Stone

Thoughts?

I think you keep making up silly trades for trades sake.

Why does Nashville shake up a Presidents Trophy roster like this?

The only scenario to think about this is if the Preds are seriously underperforming. Plus Tkachuk would have to have signed his ELC or it's absolutely no deal. No way we take a chance on him staying in college and going UFA

Reactions: Viqsi

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Awful

Stone > Ellis
Tkachuk > Fiala

Smith does not make up the difference, not even close.

Tkachuk has played 0 NHL games has 0 NHL goals and 0 NHL Apples, how is he better then Kevin Fiala, who is btw is not just proven but an important cog on a very good Nashville squad, Craig Smith is another guy who is a 20 goal scorer

Stone is leaving, he's just not gone yet and Ellis will be Ottawas best Dman the moment they complete the deal to move Karlsson

I really think your being shortsighted on assessing the deal in it's entirety. Tkachuk sounds somewhat reluctant to sign in Ottawa. Lets' just say he decides to stay at BU for this year and then next year heads to Europe....what then?

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Stone is a great winger, and for sure a top line winger. I disagree with the "better than Forsberg" post as they're just different styles and we need Forsbergs goal scoring to go along with Johansens playmaking. Arvi's hustle and forchecking is replaced with Stones ability to create turnovers.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009

I think its really funny that the guy calling Fiala a future first line player and Stone just a second line player is accusing Sens fans of overvaluing their own player.

Fiala dreams of being as good as Stone.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
I think its really funny that the guy calling Fiala a future first line player and Stone just a second line player is accusing Sens fans of overvaluing their own player.

Fiala dreams of being as good as Stone.

Read the posts bro, I said Fiala is projecting to be about as good as Stone. Never said he'd be a 1st-liner, also never said he was better than Stone. Projections aren't reality, he could end up being useless or injury prone, but I'd rather take the bird in the hand rather than the two in the bush (referencing the trade).

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Read the posts bro, I said Fiala is projecting to be about as good as Stone. Never said he'd be a 1st-liner, also never said he was better than Stone. Projections aren't reality, he could end up being useless or injury prone, but I'd rather take the bird in the hand rather than the two in the bush (referencing the trade).
The bolded is self-contradictory. Stone is a 1st-liner. If you're saying Fiala will be about as good as Stone, that heavily implies that you think he'll be a 1st liner. (I'd like to think he will be, but, again, that's reason for Nashville to say "thanks but no thanks", not reason to keep making absurd assertions about Stone's quality and capability.)

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
The bolded is self-contradictory. Stone is a 1st-liner. If you're saying Fiala will be about as good as Stone, that heavily implies that you think he'll be a 1st liner. (I'd like to think he will be, but, again, that's reason for Nashville to say "thanks but no thanks", not reason to keep making absurd assertions about Stone's quality and capability.)

How is it self-contradictory? I believe Stone to be a solid top tier 2nd-line player, Fiala could achieve that as well...no contradiction on my part, perhaps a failure in your translation, but you can formulate your own opinions on this matter. Anyways, I'm done with this post, it's old and devolving into something not about the trade anymore.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If Tolvanen is playing good by January 1st I am all for this trade.

So after January 1st 2019

To Nashville:
Mark Stone(with extension)
Brady Tkachuk

To Ottawa:
Ryan Ellis(with extension)
Kevin Fiala
Craig Smith

I believe this move makes our(Predators) top six more complete as long as Tolvanen can take Fialas spot.

Forsberg-Johansen-Arvidsson
Tolvanen-Turris-Stone

Thoughts?
I dislike it for Ottawa

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Ellis for Stone is intriguing.

Ottawa won't be dealing for pending UFAs and (for the OP) they definitely won't be trading Tkachuk. They gave up their first next year in order to pick him, they clearly value him more than a Fiala level player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad