Post-Game Talk: Nashville 3 Oilers 0

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Yep, really liked him on the 1st PP over Klef, dunno why they switched them. I guess, leave it to Todd.
Not looking forward to the next 3 games, Pens, Caps and then Preds again! Terrible schedule.

Reactions: nabob

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
No shame in losing to Nashville. Excellent defensive team.

Big day for Bouchard.
Not only was it his 19th B-day he was one of the better players in this game.

Very true. You have to put it into perspective. They are a very good defensive team, they are very well coached and they are a much stronger organization than the Oilers are. You could probably put 3 Mac-D clones on the ice tonight and still end up losing.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
This team is such a mess that if you were to replace the announcers with the theme song to Benny Hill, it wouldn't seem out of place.

Reactions: Aerrol

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
The margin for error (for Edm) in a game like this was always going to by tiny. Still, they could have got at least a point out of this one if not for the bone-headed combination of McLellan and Puljujarvi. Todd put out Puljujarvi and Khaira (and Bouchard, a rookie) for the power-play with 5 minutes left in the second in a scoreless game. Puljujarvi makes a bone-headed blue-line whiff shot that misses by a mile, and Nashville scores right after. Puljujarvi can't hit the net or make an intelligent hockey-play to save his life, and McLellan chooses late in the second period, in a tie game against maybe the best team in hockey, to "teach the guys a lesson". WTF?

If not for that epic-stupid coaching decision, this may have gone to overtime. One thing we know about the Oilers is that if they give up the first goal against at home, they're usually done.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Through 6 games.....

1 total even strength goal from lines 2-4
1 total goal from the entire blueline and that was a 3 on 3 goal
Zero goals from the 2nd line
Bottom 6 production outside of the Yamamoto goal which includes Rieder, Cagguila, Khaira, Strome, Kassian, Brodziak, Chiasson - ZERO points.
Talbot had a .902 save pct. before tonight.

giphy.gif

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yep, really liked him on the 1st PP over Klef, dunno why they switched them. I guess, leave it to Todd.
Not looking forward to the next 3 games, Pens, Caps and then Preds again! Terrible schedule.

Was hilarious when he had a great PP shift. Todd yanks him off the ice right before the faceoff and Klefbom goes out to have another useless PP shift.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Very true. You have to put it into perspective. They are a very good defensive team, very well coached and a much stronger organization than the Oilers are. You could probably put 3 Mac-D clones on the ice tonight and still have lost.

Yeah...they really impressed me. They just dont give up very much. They look like a veteran team thats on a mission.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
What's the NHL record for most consecutive losses against one team? FFS.

Pretty sure the Flames have lost more to the Ducks. But this is pretty embarrassing and has to be up there.

Was at the game with my pops for his birthday (sorry pops), but kind of expected this result.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Through 6 games.....

1 total even strength goal from lines 2-4
1 total goal from the entire blueline and that was a 3 on 3 goal
Zero goals from the 2nd line
Bottom 6 production outside of the Yamamoto goal which includes Rieder, Cagguila, Khaira, Strome, Kassian, Brodziak, Chiasson - ZERO points.
Talbot had a .902 save pct. before tonight.

giphy.gif

This offence scares me big time. I said it would be bad outside of McDavid, but even I didn't see it looking this bad. Only 2 goals in 6 games without McDavid on the ice is almost unbelievable.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We didn't just lose, we got shut out and honestly Saros had a pretty easy time of it. The Oilers have no answer for this team.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Don't even think you can blame Todd right now. He was doing well in pre season playing with Strome. Plays with Strome decently, gets moved up to the top 6 and gets even worse.

He is being given opportunities and making the least of them.

I'll replying here as the GDT is closed.

I have my reasons to believe Todd is not the right coach for Jesse, but I'm not going to write more about that as I am tired of people thinking I'm blidly defending Jesse and in any case blaming the coach for some things doesn't mean the player isn't responsible for his own performances. As for Drai he's obviously far from his best so that with the minimal PP usage lessens the meaning of the top6, but in any case it doesn't mean Pulju shouldn't obviously do better himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad