Post-Game Talk: Nashville 3 Oilers 0

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Nashville deserved that win. Oilers had no answer, nor a gameplan to that suffocating defensive team.

Nashville is committed 100% to their style. Both with their forwards and defensemen.

Now we should be able to see Koskinen play his first game...against Pittsburgh. Good luck my friend.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Klefboms bag of tricks is giving up the line and taking shots only when there is no bodies between him and the goalie. Still love the guy but if he is our top offensive weapon from the back end, we will be bad for a long time. I don't see any way we send down Bouchard this year. We can't afford to continue on this season without him.

I think we need to trade Puljujarvi asap. I know he's still young and has tools, but my gut just tells me he isn't gonna break through. Unfair statement but I see Yakupov 2.0 in him. Move him while he's still considered a prospect.

Frustrating game but I expected a loss. Lick your wounds and move on.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No shame in losing to Nashville. Excellent defensive team.

Big day for Bouchard.
Not only was it his 19th B-day he was one of the better players in this game.
Plenty of shame in getting shut out by any team.

6 games in the Oilers haven't played a good 60 minute game yet.

Huge concerns with this team.

SourOil

Oct 3, 2008
Draisaitl better start cashing in those cheques, because i think he forgot how much money he makes.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Was hilarious when he had a great PP shift. Todd yanks him off the ice right before the faceoff and Klefbom goes out to have another useless PP shift.
The whole setup was different with Bouchard. Bouchard being a right meant when he let one rip from the left point Lucic could screen and not have to move so the puck doesn't hit him as the put goes around him.

Reactions: Aerrol and nabob

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Plenty of shame in getting shut out by any team.

6 games in the Oilers haven't played a good 60 minute game yet.

Huge concerns with this team.

Overstating things a tad but Okay.

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
Bouchard looks like he belongs. I’m liking his shoot first mentality. Good things happen when you put pucks on net. He hasn’t been rewarded yet, hope management does by keeping him around this year.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'll replying here as the GDT is closed.

I have my reasons to believe Todd is not the right coach for Jesse, but I'm not going to write more about that as I am tired of people thinking I'm blidly defending Jesse and in any case blaming the coach for some things doesn't mean the player isn't responsible for his own performances. As for Drai he's obviously far from his best so that with the minimal PP usage lessens the meaning of the top6, but in any case it doesn't mean Pulju shouldn't obviously do better himself.
I mean last year and stuff it was debatable but Todd has been giving Pulju good chances this year after a good preseason and he hasn't been good with them at all.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
We were shut out at home and were not creating anything exciting out there.
I'm not okay with losing let alone in that fashion, but I do understand we were simply outclassed by a better team and organization tonight.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Through 6 games.....

1 total even strength goal from lines 2-4
1 total goal from the entire blueline and that was a 3 on 3 goal
Good grief....!

I'm glad to see those 1st-overall picks were well chosen. Remember when MacT said, "Offense wins games"?

Imagine where they'd be right now if McDavid had broken his collar-bone in pre-season. Maybe 2 goals for the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->