Pre-Game Talk: Nash at Winn, March 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
maxresdefault.jpg
So there really is a Jet fan who can reattach legs.

Reactions: sipowicz

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
That fourth line will get no time. I'd like to see:

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Hayes - Laine
Perreault - Little - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

There's enough talent for 3 strong scoring lines. Go back to the top line that works. Try Laine with Hayes. Give Little a veteran winger to balance out Roslovic.
That's not bad except the third line IS the 4th line.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Maurice talking about the new guys, says regular season is the time to try combinations. You know, like alternating Connor and Ehlers with Scheifele/Wheeler ad nauseam and keeping Laine with Little for a year and a half.

He also talked about playing and developing at the same time using Laine as an example -
He's brought this up a few times in the past - usually goes unnoticed but it makes sense.

The time Laine played with Little had value and it made him a better 200 ft player.
End result is he is better prepared to play on line 1.
The fact that it took a year and a half is inconsequential - kid was a teen - it was time to learn.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
He also talked about playing and developing at the same time using Laine as an example -
He's brought this up a few times in the past - usually goes unnoticed but it makes sense.

The time Laine played with Little had value and it made him a better 200 ft player.
End result is he is better prepared to play on line 1.
The fact that it took a year and a half is inconsequential - kid was a teen - it was time to learn.
I just hope he has learned and the learning is done. I want him to be let loose to score!!!!!

...... and play good d :)

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
LOL. Maurice has no clue.
Amazing insight.
Why why? Tanev Copp Little?? Maurice cannot play 4 lines... I dont get it..
Plenty of games this season where 4 lines were played above the league average
Why would you mess with TLC. Maurice out thinking himself yet again.
PLT has played more together than TLC this season.
Pretty clear that no matter who you give Maurice to work with, he'll find a way to screw it up. The Little - Copp switch is so counter-productive, its not even funny anymore.
How is this counter productive? If anything adding a right shooting forward that takes draws improves this line substantially.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Ya, because he can't win faceoffs and is a horrible defensive center that is a "me first" player.
Jesus H Christ are you people for real?
Do you actually watch the games sober?
Where did anyone say any of that?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
LOL to the bolded. The team got to the final four in the playoffs last year and you'd have thought they finished bottom 5 by the way some people on here were posting.
The team is on pace to have the worst season in franchise history in Expected Goals, worse than those awful Noel/Early Maurice era teams. The eye-test matches. No one should be getting fan-shamed for being less than rosy about the Jets outlook this season.

Reactions: Mbraunm

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
That fourth line will get no time. I'd like to see:

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Hayes - Laine
Perreault - Little - Roslovic
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

There's enough talent for 3 strong scoring lines. Go back to the top line that works. Try Laine with Hayes. Give Little a veteran winger to balance out Roslovic.
16 31 12
24 14 29
11 14 7
7 8 13

Goals per line with that lineup, fairly decently spread out.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
And where is he going to be? He has a full NMC and is as much of a team 1st guy as you will find in the NHL.

Where ever the hell I can. It's about the salary. We have spent 2 1st rounds Foley and now Lemieux to replace him. It's time to do something permanent. You cant continue to do this.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Ya, because he can't win faceoffs and is a horrible defensive center that is a "me first" player.
Jesus H Christ are you people for real?
Do you actually watch the games sober?

So you banished him to 4th line again. For the second year, he has cost us two 1sts Foley and lemieux just so you can your good ol face off guy and defensive center.

So yeah I pay attention to a little more then just what goes on the ice. The front office has told us 2 years running he isnt good enough. So maybe pay more attention your missing slot.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The team is on pace to have the worst season in franchise history in Expected Goals, worse than those awful Noel/Early Maurice era teams. The eye-test matches. No one should be getting fan-shamed for being less than rosy about the Jets outlook this season.

No one should be. I'm responding to comments that the pessimism will stop if they start winning again. Last season proved that not to be true.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Really??
Every week the top 16 NHL teams rankings come out and the Jets slipped to #6 ... not bad for your top 2 defensemen out.

Reactions: Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Where ever the hell I can. It's about the salary. We have spent 2 1st rounds Foley and now Lemieux to replace him. It's time to do something permanent. You cant continue to do this.
Little is still a valuable member of the team even if ideally we would like a #2C to fall from the sky. He is on a NMC so he isn't going anywhere. Maybe the return on Trouba this offseason fills the #2C spot.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Little is still a valuable member of the team even if ideally we would like a #2C to fall from the sky. He is on a NMC so he isn't going anywhere. Maybe the return on Trouba this offseason fills the #2C spot.

I doubt that. I'm expecting the usual price for a rental (for Trouba)

Or worse, Chevy holding onto Trouba as his own rental :help:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I doubt that. I'm expecting the usual price for a rental (for Trouba)

Or worse, Chevy holding onto Trouba as his own rental :help:
A full season and still a RFA will get a lot of hard looks at Trouba. I fully expect Chevy to give teams an early opportunity to talk contract with him to turn it into a true hockey trade. Own rental is very unlikely IMO.

Reactions: GeorgeJETson

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
No one should be. I'm responding to comments that the pessimism will stop if they start winning again. Last season proved that not to be true.

Then we are remembering last season differently, I recall the discourse on this board being universally positive last season after they got over their early struggles

Last edited:

folix

Jul 24, 2011

He is valuable but are you getting the 5 million us value for him as a 2c? Prob not. Is he a 5 million dollar winger? Could be. If Hayes plays really well and that line produces and Laine continues his pace I think we found that while Little isnt a bad player by any means his value to this team is greatly diminished. I would love to keep him but in a cap world I dont think you can. Yes he has a NMC however if he is willing to waive it that changes things. Of course we have no idea if he would.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
A full season and still a RFA will get a lot of hard looks at Trouba. I fully expect Chevy to give teams an early opportunity to talk contract with him to turn it into a true hockey trade. Own rental is very unlikely IMO.

I hope you're right. Because otherwise, we'll be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad