Pre-Game Talk: Nash at Winn, March 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Anyone know if the Jets are practicing today?

They should be, this should be a bag skate all the way.

Line up changes for the game on Friday? Thinking Kulikov is sitting for sure, and he should be.

Time for Roslovic to sit.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Jets and Preds neck and neck, heading for the finish line... and it's... St Louis! :laugh:

original

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Gramps in for Roslovic would be a positive start against the Preds!

Poolman can't be regarded very highly by the Jets coaching staff if two #7 Dman from teams below us in the standings are now ahead of him on the Jets depth chart, heck we're playing the Sabres #7 Dman on our top pairing now....just saying.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I'm going to set my expectations very low so I won't be disappointed. Seriously, that's how bummed I am.

Jets lose 4-1. Preds then string together a few wins and hold steady for the rest of the season to win the Central Division title. Meanwhile, Jets are unable to put together any meaningful winning streak for the last 19 games.

Boo.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm going to set my expectations very low so I won't be disappointed. Seriously, that's how bummed I am.

Jets lose 4-1. Preds then string together a few wins and hold steady for the rest of the season to win the Central Division title. Meanwhile, Jets are unable to put together any meaningful winning streak for the last 19 games.

Boo.

It's crazy the contrast of doom and gloom from other teams to ours. You go to the Preds board or the Flames board during their losing streaks and bad games and its on to the next one. You come here and it's like we are in last place with the worst players in the world. I swear Sens and Oilers fans are happier then some of our fan base.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It's crazy the contrast of doom and gloom from other teams to ours. You go to the Preds board or the Flames board during their losing streaks and bad games and its on to the next one. You come here and it's like we are in last place with the worst players in the world. I swear Sens and Oilers fans are happier then some of our fan base.

We play to win, Gord.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

I agree with you. I think our fan base has some deep PTSD after losing the team and because of traditional crap performances year after year minus last year. its going to be several years yet before we can relax.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada

I have noticed this more upbeat and hopeful attitude in the Vegas Golden Knights forum as well.

I take it as a bit of a sign of how good our team is, that expectations have gotten so high that people have already forgotten missing the playoffs and are now upset that we're not playing as well as we could. But for some reason this forum does seem more negative and in a bitter and angry way. Not sure why.

Even I am a bit troubled by recent events. The game against Vegas I thought was a nice character win and a sign that this team was going to dig deep and start fixing whatever ails it. Then two sub-par performances after that.

I am of the opinion that both Shief and Wheeler are playing hurt. They do not strike me as lazy guys AT ALL, they are high character hard working players. If they look lazy I think they're both playing through something. It's my hope with the recent reinforcements that maybe they can have some of the burden off their shoulders and heal up in time for the playoffs.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
So Hendy and the scrub we got from the Leafs are the 2 extra forwards? Extra D is the guy we got from Florida?

Don’t know if we will see any lineup changes. Hopefully we at least see some line changes.

Reactions: sipowicz

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I have noticed this more upbeat and hopeful attitude in the Vegas Golden Knights forum as well.

I take it as a bit of a sign of how good our team is, that expectations have gotten so high that people have already forgotten missing the playoffs and are now upset that we're not playing as well as we could. But for some reason this forum does seem more negative and in a bitter and angry way. Not sure why.

Even I am a bit troubled by recent events. The game against Vegas I thought was a nice character win and a sign that this team was going to dig deep and start fixing whatever ails it. Then two sub-par performances after that.

I thought it was a good win as well, but keep in mind that when we played Vegas they were 3W- 7L and the Jets were 3W-6L for February. It was a good win against another struggling team.

And I agree with you... the higher the expectations the higher are the demanded results and anything less is not acceptable.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Hope Bogdan gets a shot though I'm not sure who would come out, also would like to see Trouba get more 5 on 5 but with all the special teams time I'm not sure how that works.

Need to mix up the middle 6 lines I think to spread the play drivers around.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
And I agree with you... the higher the expectations the higher are the demanded results and anything less is not acceptable.

I'd argue that the expectations around here are a bit unrealistic, but I do agree the Jets should be playing better than they have been.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Vegas is still in the honeymoon phase. It helps a lot that the league gifted them a competitive team unlike previous expansions.

Just remember that Winnipeggers have not only the many years of Jets ineptitude fresh in our memories, but also decades of a pathetic Bomber organization. And winter sucks! Plenty of cause for being bitter and angry. :soap:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Gramps in for Roslovic would be a positive start against the Preds!

Poolman can't be regarded very highly by the Jets coaching staff if two #7 Dman from teams below us in the standings are now ahead of him on the Jets depth chart, heck we're playing the Sabres #7 Dman on our top pairing now....just saying.
Yep.
Gramps in for Roslovich
Bogdan in for Kulikov
Connor to the second line & Perrault to the 4th (or lower)

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Yeah, put Hendricks in against the Preds. He's just what we need. Was clutch for us in the playoffs against Nashville, and he'll make those lazy scrubs like Ehlers, Laine and Connor play hard and match the effort of the vets on our team.

Reactions: sipowicz

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I've got tickets for this shindig. Taking the spouse this time so overall behaviour is under the spotlight of inquistion. I'll cram some meditation routines and thus reflect a serene outer countenance. :laugh:

My W/L record this year is 4-2 (including the OT loss to San Jose).

I've got a good feeling about this one.

GJG!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad