Online Series: Narcos

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Finished yesterday as well. Very well done. I was not familiar at all with the Cali Cartel's story like Pablo so I didn't know what to expect which helped. Feel like there is a hint of another season focused on the Mexican Cartels. Columbia is such an amazing setting for this show. All of the actors were top notch.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Just finished it. I'd give it 3.5/5.

Never thought I'd say this but.. I miss Escobar.. lol.

And what the hell happened to Steve Murphy? Did I miss anything? Must've retired after Escobar's death.

Whoever plays David Rodriguez is a really good actor. He scares me.

And lets not forget about Maria and Jorge's wife..:naughty:

Maria... liked her. I was disappointed how she ended up but she had to do what she had to to do I guess.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Finished S3 today.

There were times I was thinking the show's going to hell. But it fought back, and finished just marvelously.

Acting, as per usual, was top notch all around. David and Jorge especially.

EDIT: AND Newman out of ****ing nowhere!!!

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Timeline would jump forward a bit. I think they'll do the Gulf Cartel first and then introduce him at the end of S4.

Makes sense, thanks :yo: Actually more happy to hear that.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Makes sense, thanks :yo: Actually more happy to hear that.

Guzman was in prison during the current Narcos timeline. He didn't escape until 2001. They could show him running the cartel from prison but that's sort of been done already... twice. They introduced Amado Carrillo Fuentes, so I assume they want to show him eventually dying in the hospital in 97, plus the formation of the Zetas would be interesting.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

And what the hell happened to Steve Murphy? Did I miss anything? Must've retired after Escobar's death.

Always had that psycho look in his eyes...

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
just finished it. probably my favorite season.
i guess i would have loved to see a couple of more episodes on how the four "Gentlemen of Cali" died, got sent to jail, but no complains how they explained it. great season.

that Chapo show by itself on Netflix is very good too. (i think its Univision producing it tho). so wondering where theyre taking this.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
The fanny pack deserves an emmy.

The most feared fanny pack in Columbia.

At first I thought the two new agents were just going to be bland, cookie cutter type characters who were just there to do the legwork for Pena, but they did a really good job of making them interesting characters.

Also I have to admit I really didn't care about Jorge at first, but his character really grew on me.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Guzman was in prison during the current Narcos timeline. He didn't escape until 2001. They could show him running the cartel from prison but that's sort of been done already... twice. They introduced Amado Carrillo Fuentes, so I assume they want to show him eventually dying in the hospital in 97, plus the formation of the Zetas would be interesting.

Yea, i imagine that's how its going to go.

However Don Berna's cartel and the North Valley cartel were active until a few years ago so I wouldn't be shocked to see them thrown in as part of the storyline.

The most feared fanny pack in Columbia.

At first I thought the two new agents were just going to be bland, cookie cutter type characters who were just there to do the legwork for Pena, but they did a really good job of making them interesting characters.

Also I have to admit I really didn't care about Jorge at first, but his character really grew on me.

What he did to Enrique was gut wrenching and sad, but it was kill or be killed and he had to do so to protect his family.

Murphy moved back to Miami to be with his wife - if you remember she left Medellin to go back home.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
One of the best shows out there but there were so many plot conveniences it was hard to stay immersed.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
That was freaking amazing. Tight writing for the most part, and great acting.

Coulda used less Jorge (who was great), and more Pena. Pedro Pascal is becoming one of my favourites.

5 strong villains, what's not to like?

9/10.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
This show has perfectly cast every one of the cartel Dons. Pablo, Gustavo, Pacho, Gilberto, Miguel, and CHEPE have all been outstanding in their roles. Chepe is probably my favorite character in the entire series. That guy should have had his own show.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
It started off very slow, found myself not being able to pay attention, but by the last 4-5 episodes it got quite amazing. Last two episodes were some of the best of any show in the last few years. Javier Pena wasn't a good lead, and the other DEA agents were forgettable but it was great none the less.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
as different than what really happened...?

So many dumb things happened in order to make things more "interesting". The Miguel Rodriguez raid attempt, Jorge being alone in the car at the end, Van Ness being the only one protecting Jorge's wife, the horrible policeman "watching" the restaurant's exit in curacao etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad