Online Series: Narcos

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I loved season 3. Right up there with the previous seasons.

Curious about season 4 and going to a new location.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/narc...co-1202561257/

Mexican location scout Carlos Muñoz Portal was shot to death in a violent region in central Mexico Monday while scouting for season four of Netflix’s hit show “Narcos.†The seasoned scout, who worked for Stacy Perskie’s Mexico City-based production company Redrum, has a slew of high profile credits to his name, including, “Sicario,†“Spectre,†“Fast & Furious†and “Apocalypto.â€

Muñoz’s bullet-riddled body and car were found in a remote area near the borders of Hidalgo state, which is said to have the highest murder rate in Mexico. In July, 182 cases of homicide were reported in the densely populated state, a ratio of 12.2 for every 100,000 inhabitants.

According to local reports, authorities have had trouble piecing together the circumstances that led to his killing, given the dearth of witnesses.

(I have a guess)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Damn, that's brutal. Mexico is a ****ing dangerous place.

I wonder what this means for season 4. Can't imagine the people involved (actors etc) would be too interested in filming in some places.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Mexican location scout Carlos Muñoz Portal was shot to death in a violent region in central Mexico Monday while scouting for season four of Netflix’s hit show “Narcos.†The seasoned scout, who worked for Stacy Perskie’s Mexico City-based production company Redrum, has a slew of high profile credits to his name, including, “Sicario,†“Spectre,†“Fast & Furious†and “Apocalypto.â€

Muñoz’s bullet-riddled body and car were found in a remote area near the borders of Hidalgo state, which is said to have the highest murder rate in Mexico. In July, 182 cases of homicide were reported in the densely populated state, a ratio of 12.2 for every 100,000 inhabitants.

According to local reports, authorities have had trouble piecing together the circumstances that led to his killing, given the dearth of witnesses.

(I have a guess)

That's nuts, so what is your guess?

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Total shame, but unfortunately it sounds easily avoidable. Of course scouting a series about El Chapo in Mexico cartel-land would be dangerous, almost irresponsibly so. I hope the producers don't put more people in danger for the sake of entertainment.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Damn, that's brutal. Mexico is a ****ing dangerous place.

I wonder what this means for season 4. Can't imagine the people involved (actors etc) would be too interested in filming in some places.

They would have never filmed there anyway. The scouting was to find out what it looks like so they can get an idea of what they need to look for.

I'm absolutely shocked this scouts didn't have a security detail however. The producers might be facing a serious lawsuit as a result.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
That's nuts, so what is your guess?

It came out that:

"A friend of the deceased told the Spanish-language newspaper that Muñoz was out taking photographs when he was shot, and speculated that an unfamiliar man with a camera may have spooked locals in the crime-ridden area."

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Mexican location scout Carlos Muñoz Portal was shot to death in a violent region in central Mexico Monday while scouting for season four of NetflixÂ’s hit show “Narcos.†The seasoned scout, who worked for Stacy PerskieÂ’s Mexico City-based production company Redrum, has a slew of high profile credits to his name, including, “Sicario,†“Spectre,†“Fast & Furious†and “Apocalypto.Ââ€

(I have a guess)

it is being speculated that it was done to send a message

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I liked season 3 the best. As for people complaining about subtitles, if you're actually paying attention, they might as well be speaking English. I like that it forces you to put your phone away and watch the show.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I liked season 3 the best. As for people complaining about subtitles, if you're actually paying attention, they might as well be speaking English. I like that it forces you to put your phone away and watch the show.

I don't like not being able to look down to eat.

Season 3 picks up the pace in episode 5. Enjoying it now.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I don't like not being able to look down to eat.

Season 3 picks up the pace in episode 5. Enjoying it now.

Lol I see your point, I usually timed things like eating or my phone for the action scenes or the English parts. Either way, if subtitles are holding people back from enjoying watching a show or movie, i don't know what to say. For example the absolute best zombie film I've saw did not have a word of English, Train To Busan.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
In reading one of the books that they used for historical accuracy

I see Pena never did anything to bring down the Cali group

both him and Murphy left after Pablos death

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think it is more interesting honestly.

I think the structure is better and they clearly lay out certain things

while narcos does dwell a little on the personal lives--only when it is linked to moving the plot along

sometimes breaking bad went down a road for no reason at all and justified it by saying it was for character development

Narcos character development is pretty fast--like the security guy realising how damngerous it was getting when the other security guy and wife were shot. Narcos did in a 3 minute subplot what Breaking bad would take an entire episode to do

It is interesting that the head of cartel security was actually involved in the third season--I find it hard to believe that he never carried a gun but everyone else did

Reactions: Deen

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
always disappointed to see this thread bumped with no news.

but yeah its just a good show. sure some mistakes and over dramatization but really impressive to follow the saga.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad