Online Series: Narcos

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It might be difficult for a person with an attention span larger than a gnat's to understand your struggles with reading subtitles and "shutting your brain off". And who the hell watches a compelling drama while constantly checking his phone?

If you don't have the mental capacity to watch a show, I think you forfeit the right to complain about it or pass judgment on it as "average". The best television should make you think. Go watch Entourage if you don't want to use your brain at all.

You strike me as the kind of friend everyone has who watches Game of Thrones with his head in his phone the whole time and then asks "Wait, which one is Jaime again?" :laugh:

I think compelling drama is really overselling season 2. And I've watched a lot more subtitled TV than nearly anyone here.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
It might be difficult for a person with an attention span larger than a gnat's to understand your struggles with reading subtitles and "shutting your brain off". And who the hell watches a compelling drama while constantly checking his phone?

If you don't have the mental capacity to watch a show, I think you forfeit the right to complain about it or pass judgment on it as "average". The best television should make you think. Go watch Entourage if you don't want to use your brain at all.

You strike me as the kind of friend everyone has who watches Game of Thrones with his head in his phone the whole time and then asks "Wait, which one is Jaime again?" :laugh:

Yea sorry, i don't take TV as serious as you I guess :laugh:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Just started watching this series last night. 2 episodes in and I am hooked.

Reminds me of Goodfellas, but with Colombians instead of Italians.

Can't wait to watch more.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Just started watching this series last night. 2 episodes in and I am hooked.

Reminds me of Goodfellas, but with Colombians instead of Italians.

Can't wait to watch more.

Would have been hilarious if they had a guy who said everything twice, but in Spanish.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Just finished last night. This show won't be the same without Moura, but I like the two leads enough to keep watching.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Not entirely show how exciting this show will be without Pablo's character moving forward, but those two seasons were great.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Sounds like Murphy might not be back in season 3 either. I love the idea of Pena being the main character I'm just worried the dynamics of the show will change with two of the three main characters gone

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
I don't think Murphy is a big loss. He really isn't that interesting as a character, nor is the actor all that great. Moving on from Pablo will be hard and it will be a good test for the writing staff to see if they can make the story just as compelling.

Another thing I'm interested in seeing is how long they stay in Colombia for, or do they start to branch out and eventually move the story to Mexico.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I don't think Murphy is a big loss. He really isn't that interesting as a character, nor is the actor all that great. Moving on from Pablo will be hard and it will be a good test for the writing staff to see if they can make the story just as compelling.

Another thing I'm interested in seeing is how long they stay in Colombia for, or do they start to branch out and eventually move the story to Mexico.

I agree with your take on Murphy, but disagree about Escobar

Personally, I felt his story got a little stale towards the end of Season 2

I mean, how many times can we watch Pablo and his wife profess their love for each other while he promises to keep them all safe?

Bring on the Cali cartel, I say!

Last edited:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

I mean, how many times can we watch Pablo and his wife profess their love for each other while he promises to keep them all safe

Agree with all this. I was done with the Pablo story.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
I just finished Season 2 and boy was that last episode fantastic. Very reminiscent of the final episodes of The Sopranos and Breaking Bad.

The scene with Pablo and his cousin Gustavo on the park bench was incredibly emotional. I think it was my favorite moment from the entire series.

I'll miss Pablo but I'm excited to see how the more nuanced Cali Cartel do things and to witness the gradual shift to Mexico.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I mean, how many times can we watch Pablo and his wife profess their love for each other while he promises to keep them all safe?

S3 & 4 are going to be awesome IMO. The USA will be more prominent in it and it'll be a lot easier for regular people (i.e people who are not really knowledgable about the drug trade, especially cocaine trafficking during that time) to connect with the history of it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad