#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Saattle Sockeye
latest

Or Seattle Emeralds
1006-andresgodoe-sea2.png

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Boston is not able to veto the name of an expansion team.
Disagree... they can and did nix Polar Bears for Winnipeg’s 2.0
Can they legally veto it? No idea but it would not get past the Board of governors and they would simply pressure Seattle not to use the name

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Disagree... they can and did nix Polar Bears for Winnipeg’s 2.0
Can they legally veto it? No idea but it would not get past the Board of governors and they would simply pressure Seattle not to use the name

So you are suggesting they decided to name the team the Winnipeg Polar Bears, submitted it for Board approval, the Boston ownership shot it down and they went with Winnipeg Jets as their plan B?

Are you serious with this?

You have the story backwards. There was some concern that they would not be able to secure the name "Jets" and Polar Bears was among the names that owner Mark Chipman favored but it was the Plan B, not the other way around.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Seattle Sounders

Obligatory nautical nod coupled with homage to city’s musical roots.

I dunno, tried for an actually unique name.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
you tried for a unique name?? maybe think about giving an "obligatory look" to other professional teams named Sounders in Seattle...

Seattle Sounders FC

or is your post :sarcasm: ?

Ahaha I don’t follow Seattle at all.

Lol what an idiot, I legitimately thought I made up a catchy name, I’m sure I’ve heard a bunch of times before and my subconscious tricked me into thinking I had a good idea.

Ah the internet, the second you think you did something good you’re exposed as a fraud.

Lol.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Sounds amazing for one. There’s far worse names in the NHL (The Wild? REALLY?!)

It’s a sea monster and basically every Seattle team has to do with the ocean. But since that matters so much, explain to me what Predators have to do with Nashville, Penguins with Pittsburgh, Flames with Calgary, ....wilderness with Minnesota, etc.

So many cool things you could. Start the pregame off with RELEASE THE KRAKEN etc. Have the sound of a ship cracking at the start of a PP.

Don’t give me something stupid and boring and safe for lack of a better word. No Eagles. No Falcons. No Totems. Think outside the box.

I firmly believe Seattle is going to be an absolutely amazing monster for the NHL. Give them a totally unique name from anything else in professional sports and watch the Pacific Northwest explode for you.
..Predators is a great name for Nashville.

https://www.google.fi/amp/s/amp.tennessean.com/amp/92829882

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I heard on the radio today that the name will be "water related". Did anyone else catch that, and if you did, could you add a little context?

I only caught the end, so I dont know who was talking.

On that note, the Seattle Sea Lions has really grown on me lately, but its probably too close to sounding like their NFL team.

So having said that, I still really like Seattle Emeralds, as I have all along, but that's not exactly water related

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
I'm not going to read 31 pages to see if its already been mentioned, but how about

Seattle Seaweed

or what everyone should be afraid of
spam.

Seattle Spam
Jersey plastered with microsoft ads
or spam(canned food)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad