Edmonton (Hall-RNH-Yakupov)
Phoenix (Turris?-Hanzal-Yakupov)
Ottawa (Zibanejad-Spezza-Yakupov)
Winnepeg (Kane-Burmistrov-Yakupov)
Florida (Huberdeau-Weiss-Yakupov)

AStammer7*

Don't Forget Lehner!

Anderson and Auld? horrible goalies?

Don't forget Robin Lehner who looks to be the 'tender of the future for the Sens. I think they will be alright once they get their offensive game rolling...Any one of Yakupov ,Grigorenko and Forsberg would look great in the capital!

Tarpit*

Ottawa didn't belong in the lottery last year. They just ran into a really bad storm of events.

In what way has Edmonton played a lot better than Ottawa thus far?

Yes, I'm quite certain that Ottawa will be better than 5 or more teams this year.

One of the main reasons the Oilers stank the last couple of years is that they were badly hit with the injury bug.

Ottawa did belong in the lottery last year, they went on a fire sale at the trading dead line and got unlucky their goalie got hot and singly handed won them number of games.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
You forgot to acknowlege his bad defensive game

If you want to read about Karlsson's "bad defensive game", go to any forum on HFboards, take your mouse and randomly click on the page, and you will have an entire library of literature focusing on Karlsson's defensive woes at your disposal.

I don't recommend watching Sens games though. You might be disapointed.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
i say the sens are going to fail for nail. what other reason would they have for putting karlsson out on the pk

Can you support your claim?

"Obviously, goaltending was the biggest part of it," added Carvel, who also gave credit to the work of Ryan Shannon, Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson, who he says is a "tremendous" penalty killer.

His ex-Asst. coach was not making this up.

4thliner*

The Karlsson hate is getting out of hand. He is the best PKing defenseman on the team. Everybody is just jealous, that's what it is. Haters gonna hate.

haters-gonna-hate.gif

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The Karlsson hate is getting out of hand. He is the best PKing defenseman on the team. Everybody is just jealous, that's what it is. Haters gonna hate.

It's posts like these that make people hate on Karlsson so much. Most Ottawa fans 'overrate' him and most other fans bash him because of this. He's an excellent offensive defenceman (arguably top 5 in the league at generating offence) but he's far from solid defensively. He CAN be good defensively but he's very inconsistent in that respect. That doesn't mean he can't be solid and consistent defensively in the future.

He also isn't our best PKing defenceman. I would put at the very least Phillips ahead of him.

Back to the subject at hand...I could see Columbus, Winnipeg or Montreal getting Yakupov. I'm hoping that Winnipeg gets him because I don't want Montreal to have him and Columbus is a ****hole of a franchise right now. I still can't believe they traded Voracek and their 1st round pick (Couturier) for Carter. I know some people might have thought it was a good trade at the time, but I don't think Carter fits in in Columbus at all.

DrSutton*

Rangers are gonna get their tank on this year - Believe Nail in a blueshirt to start 12-13 season!

4thliner*

Ottawa is ONLY scary bad DEFENSIVELY.

They have been scoring more goals than most except a handful and that should continue as long as guys like Spezza, Alfredsson, Michalek etc are healthy. PP is deadly in like the top 3.

You know Karlsson is gonna keep on breakingout.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
with galchenyuk's injury he'll probably fall to mid first round, with them playing on the same team don't be surprised if a team tries getting both.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
It would be the most bizarre thing seeing the Senators draft a Russian in the first round if they win they get the first pick.

pine*

With the first overall selection in the 2012 NHL Draft, the Montréal Canadiens are proud to select from the Sarnia Sting, Nail Yakupov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad