GDT: Mystery Puck Night Tonight (1/9/15) at GRA vs. Nashville

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
That goal is worth a main board thread. So pretty and he had so little time to make that decision.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Alas, he did not. But he did do it to Carter Hutton :D

I don't think a Coyote has ever pulled it off. Good job Duke. And everyone else. Great win.

Actually former Jet Alexei Zhamnov was the first to do that breakaway move in the NHL while team was in Winnipeg. Forsberg did it afterwards but it's known as his move.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Stats are for losers

I'm sure our hockey buzz correspondent disagrees. It's almost time for another one of his columns about how overrated our team is. Nothing at all to be excited/optimistic about.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Looking ahead a bit, the game against Detroit will be a huge test as they are also pretty hot right now. Hopefully we don't see an egg laying against the Oilers in-between.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
LD wins it again. I like the play of all 4 lines. I really like the play of Murphy though. If he turns into a 2D, that would be great.

92 point pace, playoff team at the half way mark! Who would have predicted that?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Duclair had a really solid game at both ends. Broke up a number of plays with an "active stick", as Pierre McGuire would say.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Dukes goal was unbelievably nasty. Thanks to RR the most generous man in the world I saw it close up, it was a thing of beauty. Great game overall obviously, ming was quite merciless tonight.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just got home. Most impressive was how the Coyotes cleared the crease on those few times when there were juicy rebounds. Domingue was seeing the puck exceptionally well and seemed to always be in position. I'm a believer.

Anyone know what kind of unfinished business exists between these two teams? It looked like a line brawl was going to break out before the puck drop. It was very, very chippy and at times dirty. Both teams took liberties. There's no rivalry between the teams, so is this the Ribiero effect? I was surprised by the level of animosity.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
...and I thought that Duclair couldn't create his own chances. What a beautiful play on his part.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Reider is so damn good, what a monster. Imagine if we could transplant his brain into Perlini's body:laugh:

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
v8mxdf.jpg

More Cooley

We walk together forever
Jul 2, 2015
Actually former Jet Alexei Zhamnov was the first to do that breakaway move in the NHL while team was in Winnipeg. Forsberg did it afterwards but it's known as his move.

It's rather known as a "Kenta Nilsson-goal". It was first made by the swedish player Kenta "Mr Magic" Nilsson vs USA in a game during the World Champs 1989 and is considered a classic deke in Sweden.

http://youtu.be/QobAlzxDdXc

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It's rather known as a "Kenta Nilsson-goal". It was first made by the swedish player Kenta "Mr Magic" Nilsson vs USA in a game during the World Champs 1989 and is considered a classic deke in Sweden.

I did it on a pond in 1978...it's my move!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Holy crap is this team fun to watch.

They sure are. What this team is doing is nothing short of a miracle. I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop because I picked them bottom 5 this year. I mean, we aren't loaded with talent, and teams like Buffalo, Colorado, Edmonton and Calgary to name a few are farther ahead on their rebuild.

I'm sure our hockey buzz correspondent disagrees. It's almost time for another one of his columns about how overrated our team is. Nothing at all to be excited/optimistic about.

It's nice we have a hockey buzz correspondent, but he is pretty much clueless.

LD wins it again. I like the play of all 4 lines. I really like the play of Murphy though. If he turns into a 2D, that would be great.

92 point pace, playoff team at the half way mark! Who would have predicted that?

When DT switched the D pairing, both Murphy and Stone started to play like last year. That has been a big difference. All 4 lines are playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad